So I was on a boat with limited to no internet. Did I miss anything?

Sperm Edwards

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just want to check, before resuming discussion about how Bowles and Maccagnan should both be fired this month for their documented, repeated failures.

So what did I miss? How’d Petty and Hackenberg look in that last game?

Both looked terrific.  Looks like we're going to have a QB controversy next year.  A good problem to have, I guess.

Defense was GREAT.

Offense was GREATLY IMPROVED.

Coach Bowles is a BRILLIANT STRATEGIST. 

The scoreboard is overrated, not a true barometer of football greatness we have witnessed.

BLESSED, WE ARE! EXTENSIONS FOR EVERYONE! 

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just want to check, before resuming discussion about how Bowles and Maccagnan should both be fired this month for their documented, repeated failures.

Welcome back bud, we missed ya!

31 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

are you kidding?  no sense in discussing firing bowles or mac since they've been re-upped.  petty looked pretty bad and hack sat on the bench.  at least they moved up to the 6th pick and seattles 2nd is turning out pretty well. oh, and wilky sat out the last game too.

33 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I had gas.

36 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Defense was GREAT.

Offense was GREATLY IMPROVED.

Coach Bowles is a BRILLIANT STRATEGIST. 

The scoreboard is overrated, not a true barometer of football greatness we have witnessed.

BLESSED, WE ARE! EXTENSIONS FOR EVERYONE! 

If going from 3-2 to 5-11 is the progress ownership is looking for it makes you really wonder what the goal is.  

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Petty looked like a fourth round QB and probably always will.  Hack wore his uniform for the third time on game day in two years and could have very well won a prize for best Halloween costume. Well, if it was Halloween and stuff. 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Petty looked like a fourth round QB and probably always will.  Hack wore his uniform for the third time on game day in two years and could have very well won a prize for best Halloween costume. Well, if it was Halloween and stuff. 

Wait it wasn't Halloween, I thought Todd Bowles was dressed up as a HC. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Todd Bowles finally admitted he sits down when he pees.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

think back to how it felt a few days after Dec 29 2013, seems very similar; coach and GM locked up for 2 more years, exciting offseason ahead, plenty of cap space for FA's, potential to change the franchise with the upcoming draft, rumour that John Gruden might return to coaching, and the "book is not closed" on the Jets 2nd round QB although geno showed more promise than hack (who has not yet taken a snap in the regular season)

We are hoping for a better result this time, some are already forecasting 10 wins for the Jets next year and some armageddon :)

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Just think about all the money Hack is saving the organization in dry cleaning

So the hottest candidate right now is wilks a first time head coach defensive coordinator 

So bummed we missed out on a 1 in 6 chance of landing him. 

The Jets would have 0 chance to hire gruden or shurmer. 

So sell me on which candidate that is interviewing right now is clearly better and the Jets could actually hire given the other teams that candidate is already interviewing with 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Nope. It’s as if this season didn’t even happen. No progress made towards anything, honestly. Bowles is a perfect coach for the running-in-place approach of Mac and the Johnsons.

Super Bowles!

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

So the hottest candidate right now is wilks a first time head coach defensive coordinator 

So sell me on which candidate that is interviewing right now is clearly better and the Jets could actually hire given the other teams that candidate is already interviewing with 

Will grant you in the names you know of, you are correct. Sadly under this ownership and this GM, none of the big name candidates are coming here. Simply when they heard Gruden might consider coming back, was incumbent on them to make a phone call. There is no salary cap for coaches. It did not happen. 

But that next McVay is out there on someone's staff or in NCAA. And simply this ownership(and really owenership in this fire drill organizational chart makes this decision, not the GM)  doesn't have the expertise to find him. This situation has since Parcells left cried out for actual old football guy team president, but this never changes. 

18 minutes ago, Larz said:

I take it guys like McVay and McDermott, were high on everyones list last year.

The league and other leagues (college) are littered with smart prospective good coaches. 

I refuse to accept the adage that you can't find any one better than Todd Bowles.  i simply do not believe it and by retaining him we are going down the path of Pagano, Caldwell, Fox, Fisher.  sh*tty coaches who were given too long and never showed the ability to be good let alone super bowl good.

13 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Will grant you in the names you know of, you are correct. Sadly under this ownership and this GM, none of the big name candidates are coming here. Simply when they heard Gruden might consider coming back, was incumbent on them to make a phone call. There is no salary cap for coaches. It did not happen. 

But that next McVay is out there on someone's staff or in NCAA. And simply this ownership(and really owenership in this fire drill organizational chart makes this decision, not the GM)  doesn't have the expertise to find him. This situation has since Parcells left cried out for actual old football guy team president, but this never changes. 

The next mcvay isn't getting interviewed by anyone unless it's shurmer.

Harbaugh and shaw are probably 3 years from making the jump. Shaw is a guy I would throw bags of money at. 

Keeping Macc and Bowles was the right thing to do given the landscape of available talent. 

If the Jets land a QB they will be able to attract quality candidates 

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

memo to Sperm Edwards, we ask you the questions buddy.

oh-no-we-suck-again.jpg

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I take it guys like McVay and McDermott, were high on everyones list last year.

The league and other leagues (college) are littered with smart prospective good coaches. 

I refuse to accept the adage that you can't find any one better than Todd Bowles.  i simply do not believe it and by retaining him we are going down the path of Pagano, Caldwell, Fox, Fisher.  sh*tty coaches who were given too long and never showed the ability to be good let alone super bowl good.

The candidates are out there, but who would come here if the Jets just fired a coach after handing him a crap roster? 

I was a head hunter for years, $250k to $400k jobs. Top dogs that are in demand look at those things. They look for launching pad positions with ingredients in place to build on. Every team can offer money and the only unique aspect to the Jets job is a lot of former Jets wind up on TV  but that isn't important to a lot of people. 

If the Jets fired Bowles, with the 6th pick and no QBs on the roster, it would be the least desirable job by far. 

If they land a QB, and Bowles fails again, then you fire him because you can sell something 

The Jets assured this situation by publicly stating that the wins didn't matter, only progress. Then the media set the expectations of 0-16.

The only way Macc and Bowles get fired is if the team imploded to a top 2 pick, then you can say the improvements were not made and sell a coach on getting a shiny new QB. 

This season was a perfect storm of mediocrity. 

what did you use your "limited" internet access on?

7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

How are Pete and Re-peat? Last I checked the boat they were still working that thing out.

Archived