Non-first round prospects we may acknowledge by April.

SenorGato

On my radar...Also like QB Mike White, OT Brian O'Neill, OG Isaiah Wynn, C Austin Corbett, TE  Gesicki

Michigan OL Mason Cole began the week enduring some struggles in individual drills against some of the game’s best defenders, including Stanford’s Harrison Phillips and NC State’s BJ Hill.

But Cole, a converted college tackle, has settled in a bit, a credit, he said, not only to him but the experience he gained in Ann Arbor in coach Jim Harbuagh's NFL scheme.

"I was lucky enough to play for coach Harbaugh," he said, "who ran a real complex pro style offense, and being able to come here and show that I know a lot of stuff we’re doing is big."

Indeed, Cole may have work to do in terms of adding lower-body strength, but he isn’t having to spend a lot of time like some of his peers on basic NFL O-line tasks such as lining up in a three-point stance.

Cole's experience (51 consecutive starts) and versatility (he moved back and forth between center and left tackle for the Wolverines) have caught the eye of Joseph, whose Broncos surely are in the market for O-line reinforcements.

"I'll tell you what, he's a guy that’s interesting because he's played center, guard and tackle," Joseph said. "He looks like a combination of all three – kind of long like a tackle, built like a center and guard. But he's a smart guy. He’s been impressive and obviously having the ability to play all three positions – that's valuable in this league."

For his part, Cole said center, where he'll have bumper help, is his favorite position, and he thinks his best NFL is somewhere along the interior. 

Archived