another qb, andy dalton?

rangerous

not that i am a fan of the red ryder but it looks like he may become available if cincy decides to sign mccarron.  mccarron is a ufa and dalton has minimal cap hit if they cut him so either of those guys could spring free.  dalton's biggest knock is a lack of playoff wins but most of that has to do with lewis being a marginal head coach.  mccarron?  he did well the few games he played and could be a good qb to build on.

Shouldn't the "let's have a look" test be is he better than McCown?  So let's not rule the guy out in the oh so many scenarios were all else has failed.  

I'm basically a Mac supporter but so far in his tenure when it came to the QB decision his judgement sux.  

3 hours ago, rangerous said:

not that i am a fan of the red ryder but it looks like he may become available if cincy decides to sign mccarron.  mccarron is a ufa and dalton has minimal cap hit if they cut him so either of those guys could spring free.  dalton's biggest knock is a lack of playoff wins but most of that has to do with lewis being a marginal head coach.  mccarron?  he did well the few games he played and could be a good qb to build on.

Isn't McCarron another marginal arm guy? Dalton? Meh. 

The Jets have the #6 pick in the draft, an extra second rounder, capital to move. These guys would be more of the wheel spinning the Jets seem to be doing at QB since forever. Retread never-weres. I wouldn't feel like the team was getting ahead with any of the potentially available vets, with the possible exception of Cousins. I'd be much more excited to draft one of the top guys. Take a chance on greatness rather than settle just an upgrade to the team's currently terrible QB situation. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

So where is this perfect Qb some of you dream about. Give me names. 

I would rather start a random unknown QB we draft this year than a mediocre vet who has already hit his ceiling...

I would have much rather suffered through this past season with Petty (and then Hackenberg) instead of McCown.  Maybe one would have turned out good - yeah right - or much more likely we'd have a much better draft position.

If we have to go through a McCown v2 next year - please shoot me...

If the Redskins lose Cousins possibly Jay Gruden who was his OC with the Bengals might be interested. Dalton is ok he knows how to play the position. He isn't crap. He's had good years.  The Jets will have choices. But not one of these guys is guaranteed to be great. Of the vets available I'd take Alex Smith first. As for taking a chance on a rookie and being willing to lose a lot of games. I'm not for it unless the rookie or young Qb like Prescott, Jimmy G etc shows you can win now with them. 

Dalton would be a very Jetsy signing but there is something to be said about being the QB that led the Bengals, I repeat, the Bengals! to 4 straight double digit win seasons and 5 playoff berths.  Granted he lost them all but still.

Archived