BELICHICK GOING TO THE GIANTS (maybe)

TMAC

Jet fans should prepare themselves for this sickening possibility: Bill Belichick leaves New England and becomes head coach of the Giants.  He drafts blue chip QB and gets the team back on the Super Bowl train. If Jet ownership wants to maintain its fan base, and Jet management wants to keep their jobs, they absolutely need to hit a grand slam home run this off season. They need to be smart and daring and find a way (make a deal with the Devil for all I care) to get us a bona fide franchise QB and offensive line to protect him.  Nothing else is acceptable. The suggestion that they use their top pick for a CB, RB, WR, or even pass rusher (who never materialize) is ridiculous.  We know what we need.  We know what we want.  50 years ago, a man named Sonny Werblin stunned the sports world by signing Joe Namath.  4 years later, the Jets won the most important game in NFL history.  Time for history to repeat itself. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bruce Harper said:

I would love to see that.  I hate the Pats much more than I hate the Giants.  And with any luck, each of them could fail after that move.

While I don't think it's happening, completely agree...

I honestly couldn't care less about the Giants - get him out of our division - Brady retires in two years and NE becomes bottom feeders.

Whats his contract status? If he is under contract why would you think Kraft would let him go anywhere? His only options would be Pats or retire. at least until contract expired. And as for trading draft picks if you were Kraft how much would you want for BB? 

1 minute ago, 20andOut said:

Whats his contract status? If he is under contract why would you think Kraft would let him go anywhere? His only options would be Pats or retire. at least until contract expired. And as for trading draft picks if you were Kraft how much would you want for BB? 

With all the corruptness in that organization - Kraft will absolutely let him go if he wanted out.

If the ESPN story is true and Kraft can't work it out with Belichick there is some possibility of this happening. Because the fact is the Giants have no head coach. And the GM should be no problem. He just has to be ok with being second in charge. BB would have final say in all personnel transactions like he does with NEP. Except in the case of Kraft overriding him for Brady. As for the Jets let him go to the Giants. I'd rather have him there than with New England. We aren't in the same division as the NYG. PS if BB goes to the Giants would they then consider signing Jimmy G as their starting Qb. He is going to be a free agent. And Belichick could really stick it to Kraft.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

With all the corruptness in that organization - Kraft will absolutely let him go if he wanted out.

Lets see, you must have some inside information from Foxboro? Care to elaborate?

The likelihood that all the outside speculation is correct is the same as the Jets making an organizational move that might actually better the franchise.

15 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

If the ESPN story is true and Kraft can't work it out with Belichick there is some possibility of this happening. Because the fact is the Giants have no head coach. And the GM should be no problem. He just has to be ok with being second in charge. BB would have final say in all personnel transactions like he does with NEP. Except in the case of Kraft overriding him for Brady. As for the Jets let him go to the Giants. I'd rather have him there than with New England. We aren't in the same division as the NYG. PS if BB goes to the Giants would they then consider signing Jimmy G as their starting Qb. He is going to be a free agent. And Belichick could really stick it to Kraft.

You seem to have great insight as to what occurs in Foxboro. I suggest you put an application into  the Jets organization and they can hire you to straighten out all their problems. You mind set would really add to their corporate and team philosophy.

ESPN epitomizes fake news.

7 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Look if Belichick is really pissed at Kraft and he goes to the Giants. His greatest revenge would be Giants success and NEP failure. 

And having that great asset of being vindictive is definitely a reason why for his success.

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You might actually be making a good point, here. There's many skeletons in that closet. But could BB become a rat like Eric Mangini? Kraft is not a trivial guy he has some power and a lot of money. 

Why would it matter either way? The only way he'd hurt us is if we played against him in a Super Bowl. Let him go if he want's will not rub me the wrong way at all. In all likelihood he announce his retirement after McDaniels and Patricia receive their HC offers from other teams.

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Why would it matter either way? The only way he'd hurt us is if we played against him in a Super Bowl. Let him go if he want's will not rub me the wrong way at all. In all likelihood he announce his retirement after McDaniels and Patricia receive their HC offers from other teams.

Jets fans should be happy that hes out of the division.

frankly, i don't see the bellichicken leaving the patsies to coach any other team at the moment.  imo he'd retire and go live on nantucket or wherever else he wanted to live.  and if he was being vindictive against krafty then he'd would be better off letting joshy go to the giaints without a fuss.

You might actually be making a good point, here. There's many skeletons in that closet. But could BB become a rat like Eric Mangini? Kraft is not a trivial guy he has some power and a lot of money. 

My point is. If BB wants out - Kraft will ultimately let him out. Maybe get something trivial back - but not a first.
I can’t imagine Kraft demanding and forcing BB to stay. Could you imagine?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You seem to have great insight as to what occurs in Foxboro. I suggest you put an application into  the Jets organization and they can hire you to straighten out all their problems. You mind set would really add to their corporate and team philosophy.
ESPN epitomizes fake news.

This team under BB, Brady and Kraft are convicted serial cheaters - with multiple additional accusations. To think there aren’t things BB knows that could do serious damage to the Pats is simply being naive.

I’ve stated before I don’t think BB is going anywhere but I also believe if he wanted out of his contract he could get out of his contract.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Kraft had to surrender a 1st round draft pick to the Jets for Bellichick, he'll get a first round pick back if Bellichick jumps out of his contract again.

That pick would be the 2nd pick in the draft, and a potential franchise QB.  IMO this rumor is about as well founded as the rumor that Walter Football circulated a half hour before Sam Darnold declared for the draft, that Walter had inside sources who assured them that Darnold was returning to USC.

The media is worthless

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

Kraft had to surrender a 1st round draft pick to the Jets for Bellichick, he'll get a first round pick back if Bellichick jumps out of his contract again.

That pick would be the 2nd pick in the draft, and a potential franchise QB.  IMO this rumor is about as well founded as the rumor that Walter Football circulated a half hour before Sam Darnold declared for the draft, that Walter had inside sources who assured them that Darnold was returning to USC.

The media is worthless

Wait so the Patriots will get the #2 pick and a top QB? 

1 minute ago, flgreen said:

The media is worthless

I don't think they would give up that first round pick. Maybe their second. But Kraft is probably a better BS-er than BB and might very well talk him into staying. Of course I only wish the worst for all of them. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait so the Patriots will get the #2 pick and a top QB? 

Before Li Bill was winning Super Bowls the Pats had to surrender  a 1st round pick to the Jets for Bellichick who was a failed HC at the time.  Do you think his value has gone down?

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

I don't think they would give up that first round pick. Maybe their second. But Kraft is probably a better BS-er than BB and might very well talk him into staying. Of course I only wish the worst for all of them. 

Why?  Pats had to give the Jets a First

Archived