BELICHICK GOING TO THE GIANTS (maybe)

TMAC

3 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Because it's an overall 2. The Giants no. 2 pick is pretty high. Or it could be a 2 and a 4, something like that. 

So you think a reasonable person would think Bellichick's value has gone down over the last 17 years?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bellichick is bitter that Gruden is getting all that money, and he is probably irked that his total control is not total anymore.  

But the reality is that the Giants end up with their draft pick and McDaniels, and the Patriots keep Bellichick until his contract expires.  

5 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

No, it should go up. But I don't think that's what they are going to do. The overall 2 is just above the price of compensation for any head coach. But if anyone is worth it it's him. 

In 2000 it was the 12th pick I believe in the draft.  At the time Bellichick was a failed HC.

Kraft isn't settling for anything less from his friend Roger.  Only way this could happen is if Bellichick waits until his contract is done, and then jumps.  I don't think his contract details are available   

3 hours ago, TMAC said:

Jet fans should prepare themselves for this sickening possibility: Bill Belichick leaves New England and becomes head coach of the Giants.  He drafts blue chip QB and gets the team back on the Super Bowl train. If Jet ownership wants to maintain its fan base, and Jet management wants to keep their jobs, they absolutely need to hit a grand slam home run this off season. They need to be smart and daring and find a way (make a deal with the Devil for all I care) to get us a bona fide franchise QB and offensive line to protect him.  Nothing else is acceptable. The suggestion that they use their top pick for a CB, RB, WR, or even pass rusher (who never materialize) is ridiculous.  We know what we need.  We know what we want.  50 years ago, a man named Sonny Werblin stunned the sports world by signing Joe Namath.  4 years later, the Jets won the most important game in NFL history.  Time for history to repeat itself. 

Where are you getting this from?  

The Patriots have entered full-on damage-control mode.

One day after ESPN reported the team has reached a breaking point amid strife among owner Robert Kraft, coach Bill Belichick and star quarterback Tom Brady, Kraft told The MMBQ the story is wrong, calling major parts of the report “a total fabrication and fiction” and saying Belichick “absolutely” will coach the team next season.

The ESPN report details the behind-the-scenes power struggle between Brady and Belichick over the two-time MVP’s personal trainer and long-term future in the league.

The most shocking details allege Kraft forced Belichick to trade prized backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to reassure Brady his job was not in peril.

Kraft took special pains Saturday to deny putting any pressure on his coach to trade Garoppolo and specifically denied meeting with Belichick to discuss the backup’s future, a meeting the ESPN story claims took half a day.

“Until Monday at the trade deadline … the last time I talked to Bill about Jimmy’s situation was in a group with Bill, [club president Jonathan Kraft], [director of player personnel] Nick Caserio … a small group of us, I think in June,” Robert Kraft told The MMBQ. “That is the last time I talked to Bill about it. … I assumed once the season started, we’d talk again at the end of the season about it.

“The next time I spoke with Bill about it was the Monday before the trade deadline. He called me on that Monday and said he got a deal with San Francisco. … I was really taken aback a little bit. I wanted to think about it. I talked to Jonathan, who was OK with it, and I called Bill back and said, ‘OK.’ ”

Kraft’s version of events is in direct opposition to the ESPN report, which says the owner pressured Belichick to make the move to appease the franchise quarterback. It furthers says Belichick was reluctant to let Garoppolo go and has been bitter over the move ever since.

The report has caused shockwaves through the NFL community, with many believing this could be the last gasp of the Patriots dynasty and some even suggesting Belichick might be headed elsewhere next year.

The team released a statement Friday in the wake of the report denying any rift, and Kraft said Saturday he expects Belichick to be the Patriots coach in 2018.

“When you’re lucky enough to have someone exceptional, you let them do their job and you get out of the way,” he said.

It is unlikely anyone will have firm answers until the season ends, and even then, the game of “he said, he said” is likely to continue apace. 

But for Giants fans hoping to see a Belichick-Big Blue reunion, it might be best to remember there are plenty of other coaching fish in the sea.

7 hours ago, TMAC said:

Jet fans should prepare themselves for this sickening possibility: Bill Belichick leaves New England and becomes head coach of the Giants.  He drafts blue chip QB and gets the team back on the Super Bowl train. If Jet ownership wants to maintain its fan base, and Jet management wants to keep their jobs, they absolutely need to hit a grand slam home run this off season. They need to be smart and daring and find a way (make a deal with the Devil for all I care) to get us a bona fide franchise QB and offensive line to protect him.  Nothing else is acceptable. The suggestion that they use their top pick for a CB, RB, WR, or even pass rusher (who never materialize) is ridiculous.  We know what we need.  We know what we want.  50 years ago, a man named Sonny Werblin stunned the sports world by signing Joe Namath.  4 years later, the Jets won the most important game in NFL history.  Time for history to repeat itself. 

They only need to hit a home run if Belly leaves for the Giants.  Phew...

This is such nonsense.

This happens every year. The Patriots are the favorites to win it all, and suddenly something comes up that lets them make it an "Us against the World" situation. They get together, rally behind each other, shut out all the noise, and end up playing better than they have all year. They always find a way to get motivated. 

I think this is a pretty genius ploy by BB and the organization to rally their troops. There is no disorder in that clubhouse. This just helps bring them together even more, just like spygate and deflategate did. 

7 hours ago, TMAC said:

How is Belichick leaving our divisions rivals and going to an nfc team a bad thing?? 

8 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

If the ESPN story is true and Kraft can't work it out with Belichick there is some possibility of this happening. Because the fact is the Giants have no head coach. And the GM should be no problem. He just has to be ok with being second in charge. BB would have final say in all personnel transactions like he does with NEP. Except in the case of Kraft overriding him for Brady. As for the Jets let him go to the Giants. I'd rather have him there than with New England. We aren't in the same division as the NYG. PS if BB goes to the Giants would they then consider signing Jimmy G as their starting Qb. He is going to be a free agent. And Belichick could really stick it to Kraft.

Garopolo is not going to be a free agent.

18 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Why would it matter either way? The only way he'd hurt us is if we played against him in a Super Bowl. Let him go if he want's will not rub me the wrong way at all. In all likelihood he announce his retirement after McDaniels and Patricia receive their HC offers from other teams.

We would lose the Snoopy Bowl. That really matters to some around here.

I don't think BB is going anywhere. Could it happen? Stranger things have but in the long run I think he stays. The Patriots will draft a QB this year (and might even trade up to do it) and will keep rolling along. They came up with JimmyG and to a lesser extent Brisset through the draft so they don't have a problem spotting talent. Much ado about nothing IMO but anything can happen.

On 6 January 2018 at 9:45 PM, joewilly12 said:

The Patriots have entered full-on damage-control mode.

One day after ESPN reported the team has reached a breaking point amid strife among owner Robert Kraft, coach Bill Belichick and star quarterback Tom Brady, Kraft told The MMBQ the story is wrong, calling major parts of the report “a total fabrication and fiction” and saying Belichick “absolutely” will coach the team next season.

The ESPN report details the behind-the-scenes power struggle between Brady and Belichick over the two-time MVP’s personal trainer and long-term future in the league.

The most shocking details allege Kraft forced Belichick to trade prized backup quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo to reassure Brady his job was not in peril.

Kraft took special pains Saturday to deny putting any pressure on his coach to trade Garoppolo and specifically denied meeting with Belichick to discuss the backup’s future, a meeting the ESPN story claims took half a day.

“Until Monday at the trade deadline … the last time I talked to Bill about Jimmy’s situation was in a group with Bill, [club president Jonathan Kraft], [director of player personnel] Nick Caserio … a small group of us, I think in June,” Robert Kraft told The MMBQ. “That is the last time I talked to Bill about it. … I assumed once the season started, we’d talk again at the end of the season about it.

“The next time I spoke with Bill about it was the Monday before the trade deadline. He called me on that Monday and said he got a deal with San Francisco. … I was really taken aback a little bit. I wanted to think about it. I talked to Jonathan, who was OK with it, and I called Bill back and said, ‘OK.’ ”

Kraft’s version of events is in direct opposition to the ESPN report, which says the owner pressured Belichick to make the move to appease the franchise quarterback. It furthers says Belichick was reluctant to let Garoppolo go and has been bitter over the move ever since.

The report has caused shockwaves through the NFL community, with many believing this could be the last gasp of the Patriots dynasty and some even suggesting Belichick might be headed elsewhere next year.

The team released a statement Friday in the wake of the report denying any rift, and Kraft said Saturday he expects Belichick to be the Patriots coach in 2018.

“When you’re lucky enough to have someone exceptional, you let them do their job and you get out of the way,” he said.

It is unlikely anyone will have firm answers until the season ends, and even then, the game of “he said, he said” is likely to continue apace. 

But for Giants fans hoping to see a Belichick-Big Blue reunion, it might be best to remember there are plenty of other coaching fish in the sea.

Not like the Pats to lie..

On 1/6/2018 at 4:25 PM, flgreen said:

So you think a reasonable person would think Bellichick's value has gone down over the last 17 years?

How old is he now? 65 Do you think he is going to coach another 17 yrs ? Lol. B.B. has power now, he has accomplished everything and then some. Retirement could be in his future. Maybe be wants to take a yr off ? If kraft was being a dick not letting him for less than a kings ransom, if I were B.B. I’d let it slip he is thinking of retiring or taking a yr off. Make Kraft sweat it. Then retire right before training camp to give a big FU to kraft ha. Now that won’t happen. If bill is going to go giants will want him ASAP. Pats will want to promote 1 of there cords before they too fly away to another team. But kraft has to be careful, try to control B.B. too much and he will just leave you at the podium with your D in your hand like he did to the Jets 17 yrs ago lol. 

I hope he leaves, but the cracks are starting, and father time catches up with everyone.

It could be the begining of the end for "the Patriots way"? It would help the NFL, it's partly why viewing is down, people are sick of the same teams Winning every year.

The Refereeing this year has been ridiculous, which does not help the NFL, it looks more rigged then ever.

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

How old is he now? 65 Do you think he is going to coach another 17 yrs ? Lol. B.B. has power now, he has accomplished everything and then some. Retirement could be in his future. Maybe be wants to take a yr off ? If kraft was being a dick not letting him for less than a kings ransom, if I were B.B. I’d let it slip he is thinking of retiring or taking a yr off. Make Kraft sweat it. Then retire right before training camp to give a big FU to kraft ha. Now that won’t happen. If bill is going to go giants will want him ASAP. Pats will want to promote 1 of there cords before they too fly away to another team. But kraft has to be careful, try to control B.B. too much and he will just leave you at the podium with your D in your hand like he did to the Jets 17 yrs ago lol. 

And just like with the Jets 17 years ago, the team he goes to will surrender at least a 1st round pick.  

5 hours ago, flgreen said:

And just like with the Jets 17 years ago, the team he goes to will surrender at least a 1st round pick.  

Maybe. Or he retires for a yr or more and they get nothing ha. Maybe he just takes front office job. I’d love to see him retire in July leaving kraft with his D in his hand ha.

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I hope he leaves, but the cracks are starting, and father time catches up with everyone.

It could be the begining of the end for "the Patriots way"? It would help the NFL, it's partly why viewing is down, people are sick of the same teams Winning every year.

The Refereeing this year has been ridiculous, which does not help the NFL, it looks more rigged then ever.

He is only about 4-5 years away from catching Shula on the career victory list.  

I thought that was an all time forever record.    BB could get there.   uhhhhhh

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Only way is if Kraft decides he just wants to get rid of Belichick 

I couldn’t find what’s left on B.B contract. I sure he could easily force his way out of NE if he really wanted to. He could really troll kraft by saying he is thinking of retiring if he is not let go ( for reasonable comp) . That it may take until June for him to decide lol. By then it won’t be easy to find a HC, both coordinators May take  other jobs. I think kraft would want to take 1 of them now before they left, if bill were to go. Otherwise they would have a brand new guy Brady is not familiar with. 

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

I couldn’t find what’s left on B.B contract. I sure he could easily force his way out of NE if he really wanted to. He could really troll kraft by saying he is thinking of retiring if he is not let go ( for reasonable comp) . That it may take until June for him to decide lol. By then it won’t be easy to find a HC, both coordinators May take  other jobs. I think kraft would want to take 1 of them now before they left, if bill were to go. Otherwise they would have a brand new guy Brady is not familiar with. 

If Belichick left they probably make Patricia HC and just promote internally.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

If Jon Gruden is worth 10/$100M xy banana slant buttercup in Vegas, then BB is worth 5/$200M easily.  

two things...

I don't believe Gruden is worth $100mm I find him to be incredibly overrated.  

so BB is worth $40mm a year? - Without Tom Brady he isn't even close.  If he can bring Brady with him I completely agree.  BB has a losing record as a head coach without Brady.

Archived