BELICHICK GOING TO THE GIANTS (maybe)

TMAC

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If Belichick left they probably make Patricia HC and just promote internally.

If he is still there. He may be HC somewhere else. He is not going to wait around to see if bill leaves ( unless he thought it was highly likely ) If he was offered a HC job. Know giants interviewed him, not sure who else yet.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

If he is still there. He may be HC somewhere else. He is not going to wait around to see if bill leaves ( unless he thought it was highly likely ) If he was offered a HC job. Know giants interviewed him, not sure who else yet.

McDaniels is the guy other teams are wanting to interview right now.  I have no idea why I think he’s a fraud.  

Just now, FidelioJet said:

two things...

I don't believe Gruden is worth $100mm I find him to be incredibly overrated.  

so BB is worth $40mm a year? - Without Tom Brady he isn't even close.  If he can bring Brady with him I completely agree.  BB has a losing record as a head coach without Brady.

Jimmy Garoppolo looks just as good as Brady with the 9ers, new team. You don’t think he would look better playing under coach Who groomed him and system he knows better ? Ha. I don’t think pats miss a beat had they kept jimmy and let Brady go. I’m glad they did though, I hope bb isn’t able to draft another franchise qb. Brady’s time is running out 

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Jimmy Garoppolo looks just as good as Brady with the 9ers, new team. You don’t think he would look better playing under coach Who groomed him and system he knows better ? Ha. I don’t think pats miss a beat had they kept jimmy and let Brady go. I’m glad they did though, I hope bb isn’t able to draft another franchise qb. Brady’s time is running out 

Supposedly the reason Belichick traded Jimmy G to the Pats is he likes Kyle Shanahan because his dad defended him during the Spygate scandal so I don’t know if Belichick goes after the niner job

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

McDaniels is the guy other teams are wanting to interview right now.  I have no idea why I think he’s a fraud.  

I believe he is waiting for bb’s job. Think kraft likes him. If that’s the case maybe kraft let’s him bb walk before they lose McDaniels to another team and B.B. retires. And then it is kraft having to give up comp to get McDaniels back ? that would be too good to be true ha 

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Supposedly the reason Belichick traded Jimmy G to the Pats is he likes Kyle Shanahan because his dad defended him during the Spygate scandal so I don’t know if Belichick goes after the niner job

That is partly true I’m sure. I think Belichick preferred him going to nfc also. Out of mind out of site in west coast of nfc. Plus Belichick actually wanted this kid to succeed, knew he would be better off with 9ers than browns. At that time a brown or 9ers 2nd rd pick was about the same, Vinny really pushed the value of that pick back

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

two things...

I don't believe Gruden is worth $100mm I find him to be incredibly overrated.  

so BB is worth $40mm a year? - Without Tom Brady he isn't even close.  If he can bring Brady with him I completely agree.  BB has a losing record as a head coach without Brady.

This is flat out bullsh*t.  Have you been hanging out with nyjunc?  He won with the Browns before they went in the sh*tter the year of the move.  He won with Cassel.  He went 3-1 with Garoppolo and Brissett.  He carried that fat underbellied piece of sh*t with the Giants, Pats and Jets.  Can you tell me how many playoff games Parcells has won without Lil' Bill on his staff?

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is flat out bullsh*t.  Have you been hanging out with nyjunc?  He won with the Browns before they went in the sh*tter the year of the move.  He won with Cassel.  He went 3-1 with Garoppolo and Brissett.  He carried that fat underbellied piece of sh*t with the Giants, Pats and Jets.  Can you tell me how many playoff games Parcells has won without Lil' Bill on his staff?

Is it Bullsh*t that he has a less than impressive, losing, record without Tom Brady as a starter? I'm not making them up.

How can you explain that away - yet be willing to pay a guy $40 million a year.

Oh, I think BB is a GREAT defensive coordinator and I agree Parcels has won diddly without BB.  But BB without Brady is not remotely worth $40mm a year.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:59 PM, #27TheDominator said:

he spent 5 years in Cleveland, he made the playoffs ONE time, he had ONE winning record, he had ONE playoff win(a  home WC game).  Cleveland had a losing record BEFORE the move was announced in 1995.

he then took over NE who hadn't had a losing season since 1995 and he went 5-11 w/ them, he then started 0-2 in 2001 until Brady became the starter and they magically went 11-3 the rest of the way to start a dynasty.

he won nothing w/ Cassel, w/ Cassel they lost FIVE MORE GAMES than the year before against a weaker schedule and MISSED the playoffs.  Cassell would start in KC 2 years later and lead KC to a division title.

They beat no one to start 2016 but haven't we seen Garrapolo is pretty good? and the one game they won w/ Brissett they shut their opponent out. In 4 games they lost the same amount of games they would lose w/ Brady in 12 games.

Parcells turned around 4 awful franchises and made them SB contenders.  Parcells made 3 Super Bowls w/ THREE different starting QBs.  Bill Belichick has a 10+ games under .500 recoird w/o the greatest QB of all time and in 7+ full seasons w/o Brady as his starter he has ONE playoff win(a home WC game), ONE playoff app, ZERO div titles, ZERO div rd wins, ZERO title game apps, ZERO title game wins, ZERO SB apps, ZERO SB wins.

1 minute ago, 20andOut said:

How bored does somebody have to be to bring back up a thread that has been dead for over a month about something that everybody now knows is not a thing?

how bored does somebody have to be to comment on others commenting on a thread that has been dead for that long?  it doesn't matter if it "is a thing" as no sane person ever thought it was a thing .  My comment was strictly about BB after I was called out.  I never saw the post a month ago, someone brought it to my attention and I commented.  This is a discussion board, it's fun when we don't all agree.  Hopefully you will participate in future discussions rather than just whining about others participating.  Have a great day.

Hey Junc. That one playoff win in Cleveland was over your boy Parcells. Face it BB has it all over your boy. Parcells has NEVER won anything without BB on his staff. Parcells has never finished what he has started with any team he has been with after leaving the Giants. He is a field goal away from only having one ring and he has BB'S game plan to thank for that second ring. Oh and that game plan is in the HALL OF FAME as one of the greatest of all time. Give it up Junc, Parcells while a good Coach can't carry BB's jock.

he spent 5 years in Cleveland, he made the playoffs ONE time, he had ONE winning record, he had ONE playoff win(a  home WC game).  Cleveland had a losing record BEFORE the move was announced in 1995.
he then took over NE who hadn't had a losing season since 1995 and he went 5-11 w/ them, he then started 0-2 in 2001 until Brady became the starter and they magically went 11-3 the rest of the way to start a dynasty.
he won nothing w/ Cassel, w/ Cassel they lost FIVE MORE GAMES than the year before against a weaker schedule and MISSED the playoffs.  Cassell would start in KC 2 years later and lead KC to a division title.
They beat no one to start 2016 but haven't we seen Garrapolo is pretty good? and the one game they won w/ Brissett they shut their opponent out. In 4 games they lost the same amount of games they would lose w/ Brady in 12 games.
Parcells turned around 4 awful franchises and made them SB contenders.  Parcells made 3 Super Bowls w/ THREE different starting QBs.  Bill Belichick has a 10+ games under .500 recoird w/o the greatest QB of all time and in 7+ full seasons w/o Brady as his starter he has ONE playoff win(a home WC game), ONE playoff app, ZERO div titles, ZERO div rd wins, ZERO title game apps, ZERO title game wins, ZERO SB apps, ZERO SB wins.

This couldn’t have been said better. There is a large body of work showing BB to be a losing HC - as stated, well below .500 -

He’s certainly done a nice job with the team and Brady - but Tom Brady made B.B. not the other way around. Without Brady, BB is likely not in the league right now.

He was on his way to getting fired in NE and HC don’t get 3 chances.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Hey Junc. That one playoff win in Cleveland was over your boy Parcells. Face it BB has it all over your boy. Parcells has NEVER won anything without BB on his staff. Parcells has never finished what he has started with any team he has been with after leaving the Giants. He is a field goal away from only having one ring and he has BB'S game plan to thank for that second ring. Oh and that game plan is in the HALL OF FAME as one of the greatest of all time. Give it up Junc, Parcells while a good Coach can't carry BB's jock.

he did w/ the better team and at HOME.

Parcells made the playoffs w/:

Tony Romo

Phil Simms

Jeff Hostetler

Vinny Testaverde(won div title and reached title game w/ BP, got crushed in div rd w/ BB)

Quincy Carter

Drew Bledsoe(made SB w/ BP, went 5-13 w/ BB)

Belichick made the playoffs w/:

Vinny Testaverde

Tom Brady

Parcells made SBs w/:

Phil Simms

Jeff Hostetler

Drew Bledsoe

BB made SBs w/:

Tom Brady

BP would have at lest another SB app/win if BBs D didn't blow a 10 pt 2nd half lead in the 1998 AFC Championship Game.  as great as Vinny was that year he couldn't save BB's D the way Brady has over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he did w/ the better team and at HOME.

Parcells made the playoffs w/:

Tony Romo

Phil Simms

Jeff Hostetler

Vinny Testaverde(won div title and reached title game w/ BP, got crushed in div rd w/ BB)

Quincy Carter

Drew Bledsoe(made SB w/ BP, went 5-13 w/ BB)

Belichick made the playoffs w/:

Vinny Testaverde

Tom Brady

Parcells made SBs w/:

Phil Simms

Jeff Hostetler

Drew Bledsoe

BB made SBs w/:

Tom Brady

BP would have at lest another SB app/win if BBs D didn't blow a 10 pt 2nd half lead in the 1998 AFC Championship Game.  as great as Vinny was that year he couldn't save BB's D the way Brady has over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Come on. All the turnovers on offense was the reason why they lost in Denver. BB's defense held a very talented Denver offense to 24 points total and shut them out in the 1st half. Parcells cannot compare to BB in anyway in terms of record, Championships won and head to head. You're wrong on this one Junc.

8 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Come on. All the turnovers on offense was the reason why they lost in Denver. BB's defense held a very talented Denver offense to 24 points total and shut them out in the 1st half. Parcells cannot compare to BB in anyway in terms of record, Championships won and head to head. You're wrong on this one Junc.

The TOs certainly didn't help but the game changed w/o a TO.  After we went up 10-0 and had all the momentum the D then allowed the game changing play on that bomb to McCaffery which set up Den's first TD to pull w/in 10-7.  Then we had a STs TO and the game was tied just minutes after being up double digits. Literally the first play from scrimmage after going up 1-0 they throw that bomb which moves them into the red zone and they scored 2 plays later. 3 play drive to pull w/in 10-7 and change that game.

it was a common theme for Belichick defenses w/o Lawrence Taylor around.

Parcells could win w/ any QB, BB could only win w/ the greatest QB of all time. That has to be factored in.  all the great HCs who had real chances w/ other QBs won w/ other QBs.  The only one considered an all time great(and now maybe the greatest) that had an extended period w/o a HOfer and couldn't win was BB.

On 2/19/2018 at 7:24 AM, nyjunc said:

Don't most "SB contenders" win at least one playoff game? Parcells has won ZERO playoff games without Belichick on his staff.  He has made ZERO Super Bowls w/THREE different starting QBs without Belichick on his staff.

TLDR version:  Belichick w/o Brady > Parcells w/o Belichick

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Don't most "SB contenders" win at least one playoff game? Parcells has won ZERO playoff games without Belichick on his staff.  He has made ZERO Super Bowls w/THREE different starting QBs without Belichick on his staff.

TLDR version:  Belichick w/o Brady > Parcells w/o Belichick

Bill Belichick in 7 years w/o Tom Brady(he took over a Browns team that was a year removed from going to the AFC Championship game 3 times in 5 seasons and had a young PB QB and in NE took over for a team that had a SB core, young PB QB and hadn't had a losing season in 6 years):

5 losing seasons

1 playoff app

1 playoff win(WC)

Parcells took over the worst franchises in the sport and coached w/o BB

1993-1995

2003-2006

also 7 seasons but in his 7 seasons he made the playoffs THREE times.

Once w/ Drew Bledsoe(who BB went 5-13 with)

Once w/ Quincy Carter

Once w/ Tony Romo

Belichick w/o Brady:

54-63

1 playoff app

Parcells w/o Belichick:

55-57

3 playoff apps

so Parcells w/o BB is better than BB w/o Brady

and again parcells took over the worst franchises in the league.

NE 1990-1992 pre Parcells:

9-39

0 PO apps

Parcells had them in the playoffs year 2 w/o BB

Dallas 2000-2002:

15-33

0 PO apps

Parcells had them in the Playoffs year 1 with QUINCY CARTER

Cleveland 1988-1990:

22-25-1

2 PO apps

1 div title

1 conf champ games app

BB had 1 winning season in 5 years

NE 1997-1999:

27-21

2 PO apps

1 div title

BB was 5-13 pre Brady

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Bill Belichick in 7 years w/o Tom Brady(he took over a Browns team that was a year removed from going to the AFC Championship game 3 times in 5 seasons and had a young PB QB and in NE took over for a team that had a SB core, young PB QB and hadn't had a losing season in 6 years):

5 losing seasons

1 playoff app

1 playoff win(WC)

Parcells took over the worst franchises in the sport and coached w/o BB

1993-1995

2003-2006

also 7 seasons but in his 7 seasons he made the playoffs THREE times.

Once w/ Drew Bledsoe(who BB went 5-13 with)

Once w/ Quincy Carter

Once w/ Tony Romo

Belichick w/o Brady:

54-63

1 playoff app

Parcells w/o Belichick:

55-57

3 playoff apps

so Parcells w/o BB is better than BB w/o Brady

and again parcells took over the worst franchises in the league.

NE 1990-1992 pre Parcells:

9-39

0 PO apps

Parcells had them in the playoffs year 2 w/o BB

Dallas 2000-2002:

15-33

0 PO apps

Parcells had them in the Playoffs year 1 with

Can you parse through all that sh*t and show me where Parcells won a single playoff game without Belichick on the staff?

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Parcells w/o Belichick:

55-57

3 playoff apps

30 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Can you tell me when Brady won a playoff game without Belichick?  Must mean Brady isn't that good by your logic!

Parcells coached over 100 games without Belichick.  0 playoff wins.  Brady has played 0 games without Belichick.  Seems like a fair comparison. 

49 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Parcells coached over 100 games without Belichick.  0 playoff wins.  Brady has played 0 games without Belichick.  Seems like a fair comparison. 

again, Parcells took over 2 awful franchises w/o Belichick.

NE was the worst franchise in the sport and not only were they awful on the field but off it as well.  They had ownership issues, almost moved and had the Lisa Olsen sexual harassment incident in the locker room.  They were a complete mess from top to bottom yet w/o Belichick he had the team in the playoffs in just year 2. 

In Dallas as the dynasty faded away and all the great players left or were on their way out they become a symbol of consistent mediocrity.  They went 5-11 3 straight years(we may see that next year and we know how bad we've been), Parcells takes over and they make the playoffs year 1 w/ Quincy Carter as his starter. Bill belichick has only been able to really win w/ the greatest QB of all time and Parcells made the playoffs w/ Quincy Carter.

Archived