Its official Darrelle Revis first ballot Hall of Shame

Kleckineau

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Oh, this is really all about effort?Ooooooh, I get it that legitimizes things now. 

What else would it be about? 

He did it all game. He was jogging around earlier and a guard pancaked him. It was funny 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

he had absolutely no chance to stop Henry from getting the 1st down.  it's so silly. just trying to bash the greatest Jet of all time again.  That's what we do as Jet fans unless it's a drunk, embarrassing, underachieving QB.

He is not even close to being the greatest  Jets of all time.  He gave us some great years, but he did not have the impact of others.

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

What else would it be about? 

He did it all game. He was jogging around earlier and a guard pancaked him. It was funny 

Pancaked by a guard with 130 pounds on him...didn’t solo tackle the 250 pound RB...Best DB in history and he’s getting killed for not doing the front 7’s jobs too. 

It's a shame, I never would have thought he'd decline so fast. He's embarrassing, 2009 was so long ago. He'll likely go down as the best CB ever in an age that makes CB nearly impossible to play but it's hard not to sour on him for the last few years. I think he's played his last game, at least he sort of threw an interception for a TD :D

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Pancaked by a guard with 130 pounds on him...didn’t solo tackle the 250 pound RB...Best DB in history and he’s getting killed for not doing the front 7’s jobs. 

He got pancaked because he was avoiding the play 

See? 

Tried to avoid contact, gets smashed anyway. 

It's funny 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Pancaked by a G...didn’t solo tackle the RB...Best DB in history and he’s getting killed for not doing the front 7’s jobs lol, so lazy. 

He’s getting killed for loafing when the play wasn’t in his expertise wheel house and rightfully so...guy tarnished his own legacy with hold outs and just complete lack of love for the game towards the end. Doesn’t make him a terrible person, made tons of money did it his way and had some dominant seasons but he will never be seen as the GOAT to most because of the reasons stated above 

Intercourse that jack-ass. Only good when youth and vitality made it convienient for him to be good. 

After that slipped away he became the money grabbing piece of crap he is today. Worse every time he puts a jersey on.  

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

He got pancaked because he was avoiding the play 

See? 

Tried to avoid contact, gets smashed anyway. 

It's funny 

If he, a CB, is avoiding the play then how is he within range of a G? Was the G avoiding the play too, happened to see Revis, and so took him down? Who moves towards the Gs to avoid contact? 

And just so I’m clear on Henry play too - it’s less about taking Henry down and more about Revis seeming like he wants to take Henry down? 

3 hours ago, Barton said:

Look at the timeline, people. He hasnt tackled since he stuck his head in on a tackle in 2015 and got a concussion. Before that he was the best tackler at his position. His effort was bad, but did the Chiefs expect anything else? If they did - it's their fault too. 

That’s the part that makes it bad. He was a terrific tackler back in his heyday. Just proves guy was just gifted and never gave a crap about football. All about the money and of course that’s his right. Just like it’s our right to recognize him as the over the hill piece of football flailing carcass  just dragging himself out on the field to steal another paycheck. 

26 minutes ago, HessStation said:

My shining Revis moment will always be dropping the INT in Pittsburgh AFC title while all the momentum was turning the Jets way. That drop was bigger than I think most people talk about. Hall of Fame players make that INT. **** Revis, hope he goes in as a Patriot. 

Nuk Hopkins taking his soul is what I remember most.

26 minutes ago, HessStation said:

My shining Revis moment will always be dropping the INT in Pittsburgh AFC title while all the momentum was turning the Jets way. That drop was bigger than I think most people talk about. Hall of Fame players make that INT. **** Revis, hope he goes in as a Patriot. 

He should go in as a Chief. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

If he, a CB, is avoiding the play then how is he within range of a G? Was the G avoiding the play too, happened to see Revis, and so took him down? Who moves towards the Gs to avoid contact? 

And just so I’m clear on Henry play too - it’s less about taking Henry down and more about Revis seeming like he wants to take Henry down? 

Yes, I would like my defenders to try to defend with  the season on the line. 

This isn't difficult. 

If you can't comprehend how a guard and a corner could wind up near each other you have no argument. 

Concede the point so we can get on with our lives 

I don't see him as even sniffing the HoF now.  He had a great run for 5 or so years, including one incredible season where he was untouchable.  But it didn't last long enough and his lack of effort for the past 5 years has tarnished his reputation to the point where I don't think he even gets considered.  

Looking at his contemporaries, does his career stand out over Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman, even Aqib Talib at this point?  Not so much to me.  I don't know if I'd even rank him with Aaron Glenn on the Jets all-time list now.  Best single season.  Not best Jets career.

8 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

He’s getting killed for loafing when the play wasn’t in his expertise wheel house and rightfully so...guy tarnished his own legacy with hold outs and just complete lack of love for the game towards the end. Doesn’t make him a terrible person, made tons of money did it his way and had some dominant seasons but he will never be seen as the GOAT to most because of the reasons stated above 

Yeah, being a sports fan for a loser franchise seems like a pretty miserable long term deal. This Revis stuff is just below Mets fans and Carlos Beltran last decade. Glad both guys got out of these cesspool franchises and won a ring. 

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't see him as even sniffing the HoF now.  He had a great run for 5 or so years, including one incredible season where he was untouchable.  But it didn't last long enough and his lack of effort for the past 5 years has tarnished his reputation to the point where I don't think he even gets considered.  

Looking at his contemporaries, does his career stand out over Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman, even Aqib Talib at this point?  Not so much to me.  I don't know if I'd even rank him with Aaron Glenn on the Jets all-time list now.  Best single season.  Not best Jets career.

I hate the guy but he will get in the HOF IMO.

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yes, I would like my defenders to try to defend with  the season on the line. 

This isn't difficult. 

If you can't comprehend how a guard and a corner could wind up near each other you have no argument. 

Concede the point so we can get on with our lives 

- If your CB is the last hope on taking down a RB then at least 9 other defenders were beat on that play. 

- I agree it’s not difficult. Revis is the greatest CB/DB of all time taking the hit for the Chiefs’ run defense and the offense’s inability to score in an entire second half. Not so different from when he was the reason the Jets’ offense was bottom of the barrell. 

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I hate the guy but he will get in the HOF IMO.

I just don't see it.  Does he really stand out to you as being more worthy than Ty Law for example?  Back in 2011 I'd have said he was a lock.  But his case rests entirely on those first five years IMO.  And I just don't think that's enough by modern standards.  I'll repeat, for a few years, Revis was an all-time great.  But as a career, compared to guys like Champ, Mike Haynes and Deion, I think he falls short entirely because of his lack of heart once it was no longer easy.

1 hour ago, Jetmech said:

I couldn't watch the game but how did he do otherwise? From the highlights other the the deflection right to Mariotta I didn't see him get beat?

He was irrelevant and doing a light jog any time he was out there. Dude is a joke. Turns the defense into 10 man on the field. 

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I just don't see it.  Does he really stand out to you as being more worthy than Ty Law for example?  Back in 2011 I'd have said he was a lock.  But his case rests entirely on those first five years IMO.  And I just don't think that's enough by modern standards.  I'll repeat, for a few years, Revis was an all-time great.  But as a career, compared to guys like Champ, Mike Haynes and Deion, I think he falls short entirely because of his lack of heart once it was no longer easy.

Deion had his help from Nike too, but he also cut his teeth on specials and is one of the best punt returners ever. Same with Rod Woodson. Revis entire resume rests on a 5 year window and an amazing 2009 all at one position.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Deion had his help from Nike too, but he also cut his teeth on specials and is one of the best punt returners ever. Revis entire resume rests on a 5 year window and an amazing 2009. 

Nice, so you’ve acknowledged 5 more years. Expecting the other 4-5 any day now! 

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

I don't recall the play you're referring to.  I remember Kyle Wilson dropping one that hit both hands.

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets were paying him to play yesterday at the tune of $5-$6 million. 

Glad we paid for the national audience to see his true colors that we had to learn about him in 2016 if not before

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Pretty much caught everything and sh*t down everyone but some will remember on drop as his defining moment of his career.  And HOF players never, ever drop a defended pass.  You actually believe that's how a HOF player is defined?  Do you realize how few would be in the hall? 

And one more time, seems hard, NFL players don't do into the Hall as a player for any team. 

IN his prime years, still the best player to wear a Jets uniform. At some point though he became a total mercenary. And he stayed at the party too long. Understand these players' careers are short and the cap system is set up to suppress players' salaries. Having had a uncle in Sean Gilbert who probably got screwed out of some money, Revis had his eye on the $ from Day 1. In part you can respect that. But as a fan it's a very cold reminder that this is  business.

Think the writers, most a collection of NARP bitches (think Gary Myers and Manish Mehta) who have almost no idea what they are watching and want to write about good chemistry, grit and character, are going to hold that against him more than anything. Because none of these guys want to write about the fact that the whole system is a restraint on trade to keep the owners costs down. It benefits nobody else. 

Archived