Rumor Chiefs to explore trading Alex Smith

joewilly12

52 minutes ago, pajet said:

So were going to trade a pick for a one year rental of a mediocre QB....no thanks.

I didn't see anywhere that said a draft pick was mentioned... I have some players in mind, don't know if the Chiefs would go for it but if they would I would do it today.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jetmech said:

I wouldn't mind him if the Jets draft a QB but don't see both happening considering they need the 2nd rounders to move up so in Jets fashion they will trade them for Smith and no top QB...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

They won’t do both. I think Alex Smith only goes to a team who could win within next two yrs. That is not the jets. I agree should draft a qb at 6, sign McCown or another place holder for a yr or 2 . Build an actual line and average offense. Give the OC complete control of offense and limit Bowles from messing it up.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

But he has shown the ability to throw the ball deep to Hill, why not call plays like that? Reid kept everything close to the LoS and wanted his defense to hold the lead.

Without Kelce to draw the Safeties attention, Tennessee was able to roll him over to cover and double team Hill on the deep routes.  Alex Smith struggles enough throwing deep when it's 1-1 coverage.  Asking him to do it with a guy double teamed is pointless.  Not only can he not really do it unless the guy is WIDE open, he's too apprehensive and safe in his play style.  Even if you ask him to do it, he's not going to pull the trigger.  This has been a complaint from KC fans ever since he got there.  After the super hot start, teams started figuring out how to cover Hill and limit him.  Once that happened, Smith regressed to what we know him to be.  

Just now, Mogglez said:

Without Kelce to draw the Safeties attention, Tennessee was able to roll him over to cover and double team Hill on the deep routes.  Alex Smith struggles enough throwing deep when it's 1-1 coverage.  Asking him to do it with a guy double teamed is pointless.  Not only can he not do it, he's too apprehensive and safe in his play style.  Even if you ask him to do it, he's not going to pull the trigger.

Agree Kelce's absence created problems for KC offense they failed to adjust or game plan for him not being on the field. 

27 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Would not be surprised if Buffalo trades for him. They have the currency and use the other draft picks to go after playmakers

I think Dorsey will offer a higher pick unless the Bills wanna send a 1st for him which is plausible I guess.

30 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Without Kelce to draw the Safeties attention, Tennessee was able to roll him over to cover and double team Hill on the deep routes.  Alex Smith struggles enough throwing deep when it's 1-1 coverage.  Asking him to do it with a guy double teamed is pointless.  Not only can he not really do it unless the guy is WIDE open, he's too apprehensive and safe in his play style.  Even if you ask him to do it, he's not going to pull the trigger.  This has been a complaint from KC fans ever since he got there.  After the super hot start, teams started figuring out how to cover Hill and limit him.  Once that happened, Smith regressed to what we know him to be.  

Wouldn't that mean they lost because they were without their top weapon? If you take Hopkins, Julio, Ertz, or any other top receiving threat off a team they likely struggle. The Steelers are probably the only team that may be able to overcome Brown being injured mid game.

2 hours ago, YouPlay2Win said:

it’s evident that the alex smiths, tyrod taylor of the world aren’t getting you far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hence the reason why I want Kirk Cousin, he isn't Tom Brady but he is a clear step up from the group above that you list.......

5 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

He'll go to the Browns, they can offer the highest 2nd round pick if needed (they have 3) and Dorsey traded for him from the 49ers when he was GM of KC.

Dorsey may do that. He will also draft a QB IN THE FIRST ROUND. Dorsey will draft a QB even if he trades for Smith and it will be in the 1st RD. He is not stupid and wants to win now and in the future. He can set himself up to do that in the draft and FA. They have just as much Cap Space as we do and more picks. If Dorsey wants Smith he can get him but if He does they are still drafting who they like at QB with that #1 pick. Don't delude yourself.

27 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I think Dorsey will offer a higher pick unless the Bills wanna send a 1st for him which is plausible I guess.

Wouldn't that mean they lost because they were without their top weapon? If you take Hopkins, Julio, Ertz, or any other top receiving threat off a team they likely struggle. The Steelers are probably the only team that may be able to overcome Brown being injured mid game.

Considering that Kelce is one of 3 incredibly versatile offensive weapons (Hunt is a fantastic receiver), I don't think it's quite the same.  I'd also say that they should be able to overcome a mid-game injury but Alex Smith prevents them from doing that.

For the record, Ertz missed a couple of games this season and Wentz didn't miss a beat.  Julio and Hopkins are the only true consistent weapons on their teams.  On top of that Matt Ryan has played without Julio and still done well. 

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Considering that Kelce is one of 3 incredibly versatile offensive weapons (Hunt is a fantastic receiver), I don't think it's quite the same.  I'd also say that they should be able to overcome a mid-game injury but Alex Smith prevents them from doing that.

For the record, Ertz missed a couple of games this season and Wentz didn't miss a beat.

For what it's worth, Mark Sanchez is Alex Smith, minus having the fortune to have played for Harbough and Reid.  

6 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

After yesterday you assume he is gone. I like him over other FA vets but not for draft picks. I'd prefer signing someone for free. If the Bills cut Tyrod I'd go for that. But there will be a number of good vets available cheaper than Alex and just as good as he is. Plus we should draft a Qb. 

I would love to have Tyrod Taylor on the Jets roster next year.

He would make a great backup QB.

1. 1st round draft pick

2. Taylor

3. Hackenberg

Not going to happen though.

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

Cleveland deals its 2nd round pick (33) for Smith

Deals 1 to the Jets for 6, 37, 49, and the 2019 1st round pick.

Jets take Darnold/Rosen.  Chiefs pick Mayfield or Allen at 4.  Win-win

No idea if it’s possible but I like it just the same. You are Town right?

7 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

fuggetabout a draft pick....trade wilk for smith straight up...........the salaries are close and they need help on D.

Except Wilkerson has played like a bum the past two seasons and the chiefs can get a few second rounders for Smith and still sign Wilkerson in free agency to less money then both Smith and Wilkerson are making now. Makes 0 sense for anyone but the Jets.

1 minute ago, Sully80 said:

Except Wilkerson has played like a bum the past two seasons and the chiefs can get a few second rounders for Smith and still sign Wilkerson in free agency to less money then both Smith and Wilkerson are making now. Makes 0 sense for anyone but the Jets.

Uhhh...there is ZERO chance that they can get "a few" 2nd rounders for Smith hahahahahahaha ZERO!!!

Just now, jetspenguin said:

Uhhh...there is ZERO chance that they can get "a few" 2nd rounders for Smith hahahahahahaha ZERO!!!

Okay I exaggerated because I’ve heard people suggesting trading both of our second  rounders for him. Regardless, Chiefs can get a pick, Wilkerson, and cap space if they just trade smith and wait for the Jets to release Wilkerson from his ridiculous contract

49 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Everything

That's crazy talk.

In 3 years as a starter Cousins avg 27 TDs, Smith has never done that.  Cousins doesn't have the weapons that Smith does.  Hunt, Kelce and Hill are better than anyone Cousins had this year.

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would love to have Tyrod Taylor on the Jets roster next year.

He would make a great backup QB.

1. 1st round draft pick

2. Taylor

3. Hackenberg

Not going to happen though.

I know he sucked today. And I think that Buff will get rid of him. They tried benching him earlier in the season but that didn't work out to say the least. He's not the new head coach's guy. I always liked him because of his mobility. 

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

I'd throw my shoe at the TV if they gave up that much.

This is the reason why I'm praying they get Cousins. 

Cousins + Barkley + 2 O-lineman picks is light years better than Rosen or Darnold, minimal picks this year, and no 1st rounder next year.

2 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

fuggetabout a draft pick....trade wilk for smith straight up...........the salaries are close and they need help on D.

Why would the Chiefs trade for a guy about to be cut...he ain't worth his current deal as it stands, and by trading for him they'd assume it.

4 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dorsey may do that. He will also draft a QB IN THE FIRST ROUND. Dorsey will draft a QB even if he trades for Smith and it will be in the 1st RD. He is not stupid and wants to win now and in the future. He can set himself up to do that in the draft and FA. They have just as much Cap Space as we do and more picks. If Dorsey wants Smith he can get him but if He does they are still drafting who they like at QB with that #1 pick. Don't delude yourself.

OO I think they'll take Darnold at #1 and let his sit a year or 2 if they trade for Smith.

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

For the record, Ertz missed a couple of games this season and Wentz didn't miss a beat.  Julio and Hopkins are the only true consistent weapons on their teams.  On top of that Matt Ryan has played without Julio and still done well. 

Missing a game is different than losing someone halfway through a game though and that's what we are debating.

2 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Thats horrible.  So Jetsy I actually believe it could happen.  

Would go down as one of the worst trades in NY Jets history.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

We are trading a 2nd this year and 3rd next year for Andy Dalton IMO.  Bengals will sign McCarron longterm.

We draft a DL with the 6 pick.

This is Mac's off season style.

Dalton will be cut unless they want to guarantee him money this year. Want no part of him either way.

Archived