Our 2015 team was better than Jax or Buffalo.

dcJet

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So? We were better than probably half the playoff teams in 2015 idiot Todd Bowles benched Ivory who was beasting it in favor of has been Stevan Ridley in week17

Yeah, Ivory was "benched" for Ridley.  Lol

16 hours ago, dcJet said:

I'm pissed off watching this playoff game.  In 2015, we go 10-6.  Our QB throws for over 30 touchdowns .  We score the 5th most points in the conference.  Yet, we don't make the playoffs that year. 

This year, 10 wins gets this sh*tty Jacksonville team the 3rd seed and this POS Buffalo team gets in with 9. 

I swear we're jinxed.   That 2015 team was good enough to beat both these guys

Our 2009 team walked into the playoffs at 9-7 after Colts benched their starters and proceeded to reach the AFCCG. We had no business.  

37 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So? We were better than probably half the playoff teams in 2015 idiot Todd Bowles benched Ivory who was beasting it in favor of has been Stevan Ridley in week17

Umm, no. We were only better than the sh*tty teams we played, mostly. 

36 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Our 2009 team walked into the playoffs at 9-7 after Colts benched their starters and proceeded to reach the AFCCG. We had no business.  

Our 2009 team took care of business and earned their way into the playoffs. Once in the playoffs won TWO road playoff games and held a lead in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game,

20 hours ago, dcJet said:

I'm pissed off watching this playoff game.  In 2015, we go 10-6.  Our QB throws for over 30 touchdowns .  We score the 5th most points in the conference.  Yet, we don't make the playoffs that year. 

This year, 10 wins gets this sh*tty Jacksonville team the 3rd seed and this POS Buffalo team gets in with 9. 

Jax D is literally 10x better than that D. 

I don't get it. The 2015 team played against a much worse version of the Bills with a worse coach when everything was on the line and lost. 

Is this like trying to find a trophy for a kid who didn't win any other trophies? 

Congratulations Jets! You are the Best Non-Playoff Team That Maybe Could Have Better than a 2017 Playoff Team?

The other thing, is with Bowles and Mac at the helm, obviously the Jets team has only gotten better so if the 2017 Jets > 2015 Jets, but only won 5 games then how could the 2015 team be better?

11 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Our 2009 team took care of business and earned their way into the playoffs. Once in the playoffs won TWO road playoff games and held a lead in the 2nd half of the AFC Championship Game,

Still doesn't change the fact we needed Colts starters to lay down for us to win. 

1 minute ago, dcJet said:

We did just fine against the Colts starters.  The score was 15-10 in the 3rd quarter. 

Manning was benched before the half or right at half and we were down. And then the same Manning schooled our #1 D 3 wks later. 

On 1/7/2018 at 3:14 PM, joewilly12 said:

If only Ryan Fitzpatrick didn't choke and we won that 11th game the final game.......

Really? How do you think they got to 10 wins in the first place. If Bowles didn’t turn into a little girl and play prevent defense we wouldn’t have been burnt the whole game by Watkins.  And starting Ridley was the dumbest thing a Jet coach has done since starting McElroy. Fitz didn’t have a good game but he saved that initial season for Mac and Bowles.  The blame for missing the playoffs really goes to Bowles. That game was indicative of how over his head he is being a HC. It’s been all down hill with Bowles since then. 

12 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Manning was benched before the half or right at half and we were down. And then the same Manning schooled our #1 D 3 wks later. 

Wrong.   Manning got pulled with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter with the score 15-10.   Our defense was amazing that game holding down the powerful Colts.  

On 1/7/2018 at 3:13 PM, dcJet said:

Fitzpatrick is the biggest choke artist in history of nfl. His week 17 performance was so bad, because we had to win to get in. The team Carried him as much as they could.

2 hours ago, dcJet said:

Wrong.   Manning got pulled with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter with the score 15-10.   Our defense was amazing that game holding down the powerful Colts.  

I may be wrong, but I remember we were down when Manning left the field. Just checked. You’re correct. We were DOWN 15-10 when Painter took his first snap. My point exactly. 

5 hours ago, dcJet said:

We did just fine against the Colts starters.  The score was 15-10 in the 3rd quarter. 

maybe we did? we'll never know.  it was a 5 point game when the Colts removed their starters, they weren't killing us.  we have no idea how that game ends.  Do you remember the divisional round game that year? we trailed by 4 at the same point, imagine if that was week 16/17 and SD removed starters then people like you would say we had no chance to beat them until they removed starters but this was the playoffs and they played the game and we won.  we have no idea how that game at Indy goes if they keep starters in.

why do Jet fans want to bash one of our few seasons of success? I don't get it.  we want to bash our good seasons, our good players, coaches, GMs, etc... this is why we deserve the mess we have had post 2010.

Archived