London games feelings?

EnglandJets

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

I think it’s a great idea outside of the home team fans losing a game. I love going to the soccer and rugby matches when they come here. It’s not like the travel time is much different then going to the other coast and they’re on private planes. 

Huh? what about west coast teams going to UK or UK team going to West Coast? That is a 10-12 hour non stop flight.

15 minutes ago, bitonti said:

By the time they get a franchise in London, it won't be 6 hour flight from NY. It will be like a 40 minute Space X Rocket or whatever they are calling it. 

LOL, probably right, this will take mucho time to happen. Hell, we may be able to transport them.

TNG-Transporter.jpg

London calling to the faraway towns
Now war is declared and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard, you boys and girls
London calling, now don't look to us
Phony Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing

8 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I live in Northern England. Where men are men, and sheep are scared!

P.S If anyone wants a Jets V Miami scarf from the Wembley game, I have a spare.

"Where the men are men." Yet you bought a half and half scarf? The shame!

Hate the whole thing, it screws home fans, and it seems like every game is half full of English Patriot fans, who make manage to make the Masshole versions look decent, humble and likeable human beings. Sky's and NFLUK's insane obsession with getting a London franchise can go to f**k. As someone said above, all the NFL fans in the UK and Ireland are already supporting teams, they're not going to switch to the London Whatevers just because they're a London team. They'll be outnumbered in their own stadium for years. NFL don't care, they just see sold out signs, and associated pound signs. And as for these games abroad, I wonder why Germany has been ignored by the NFL. After all, NFLE lasted far longer in Germany than it did in the UK.

I gotta say, the time the Jets played there, being able to get back to my house in time for the late game was weird. And welcome.

9 hours ago, Lith said:

I am not a big fan of taking home games away from teams, but, if they are going to play a few games in London each year, I can live with it.  I would prefer if they play them in the evening local time so they still fit into a normal time slot for the fans back home.

That said, next time the Jets play in London, it is a road trip I would love to make.

Get saving then, expect them to be in London this coming season

47 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Get saving then, expect them to be in London this coming season

Really? Game's are announced in a couple of days and not really heard any mention of Jets being involved. 

15 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Not to be miss quoted I said " I live in Northern England. Where men are men, and sheep are scared!"

"Northern Monkey" "West Ham" your not one of ICF boys, or West Ham won the World people?

Perhaps all that Shandy, pie and liquir, is going to your head :-)

:D

Touché

- not ICF but West Ham definately won the World Cup! ;)

Oh and I prefer an Ale

As a lifelong UK Jets fan I’m against the London games, it was fun seeing the Jets in London but not a patch on seeing them in the states.

Almost felt like an exhibition with a confused crowd wearing every jersey under the sun barely taking an interest in what was happening on the field. Not to mention the sheer volume of fellow Englishman in Brady jerseys, it disgusted me to my very core. 

5 minutes ago, Nick Blitz said:

As a lifelong UK Jets fan I’m against the London games, it was fun seeing the Jets in London but not a patch on seeing them in the states.

Almost felt like an exhibition with a confused crowd wearing every jersey under the sun barely taking an interest in what was happening on the field. Not to mention the sheer volume of fellow Englishman in Brady jerseys, it disgusted me to my very core. 

True, we did hammer the Dolphins though and it was one of the more dominant Jets performance inn recent times. I went all the way to NY in 2002 to see us blow a 20 point lead and lose to Cleveland!.....fkn Cleveland!

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

True, we did hammer the Dolphins though and it was one of the more dominant Jets performance inn recent times. I went all the way to NY in 2002 to see us blow a 20 point lead and lose to Cleveland!.....fkn Cleveland!

I was at both those games you just mentioned! :-) 

Archived