We don't need to trade up

Freemanm

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I'd find excitement in the Jackson pick too tbh. But really, Rosen is the guy I think it wouldn't even be fake or subjective excitement over.

I like Jackson but we could trade down to around 12 to get him. But he intrigues me as well

Just now, lounap23 said:

I like Jackson but we could trade down to around 12 to get him. But he intrigues me as well

...And if god forbid they didn't take one at 6 you hope Jackson or Mayfield drops into the second. And then worst case scenario I think you pick Luke Falk in the second and give him a year behind another useless vet in a wasted year. Then pending the awfulness of 2018, maybe they're either in position for the top qb in 2019 or you give Falk a chance. Either way I really like Falk. He's the most no branier #2 with potential starting skills imo. As far as second tier I personally like Falk a lot more than say Rudolph. Don't think it's close there. 

19 minutes ago, HessStation said:

...And if god forbid they didn't take one at 6 you hope Jackson or Mayfield drops into the second. And then worst case scenario I think you pick Luke Falk in the second and give him a year behind another useless vet in a wasted year. Then pending the awfulness of 2018, maybe they're either in position for the top qb in 2019 or you give Falk a chance. Either way I really like Falk. He's the most no branier #2 with potential starting skills imo. As far as second tier I personally like Falk a lot more than say Rudolph. Don't think it's close there. 

Doubt Mayfield falls to the 2nd round but who knows... I am with you on Falk

On 1/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, nycdan said:

First and foremost, Eli is still a viable starting QB next season and possibly 1-2 beyond that. They do have a guy in Webb that they drafted a year ago that they haven't seen much of yet behind him.  Having an young unknown at backup QB (them) is very different from having a certain dumpster fire (us).  And with a new GM, we can't really predict his agenda.

"They" didn't draft Webb. Remember Giants have totally new regime and these guys don't know a damn thing about Webb and will not see him touch a football until after the draft.

28 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

"They" didn't draft Webb. Remember Giants have totally new regime and these guys don't know a damn thing about Webb and will not see him touch a football until after the draft.

I understand that they didn't draft him, but Gettleman was an NFL GM at the time of the draft.  I would certainly hope that he has a pretty decent scouting report and idea of what Webb could become.  OTOH, he hardly falls in the take a QB every year camp.  The Panthers have not drafted a QB in any round since the took Clausen and Cam with their top picks in 2010 and 2011, and Gettleman joined their staff in 2013..  

Archived