Jump to content
Freemanm

We don't need to trade up


Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

If teams below go QB crazy, then we’d be left with our choice of premium players to take. I’d be quite tantalizing to also trade back and get more picks. But alas, in Mac I do not trust. 

Totally agree with you. The best scenario would be for us to somehow sign Cousins, and have 2-3 of the QB's available at our pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nobody is sure where any of these QBs are going until the senior bowl, combine and FA are over. If Allen and Jackson do good they could go top 3 if they do bad they could easily drop out of the top. It’s the same for the rest of the QBs. None of them standout from the others as the consensus  number one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2018 at 11:49 AM, lounap23 said:

Josh Allen will be a top 10 pick after the senior bowl and combine.....

Definitely would love Mayfield at 6 over Allen for sure but if we can trade up and somehow get Rosen... Sign me up!!

Yeah I think if Rosen is still there at 3 that's the move. Could sit at 6 and hope but too risky imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Yeah I think if Rosen is still there at 3 that's the move. Could sit at 6 and hope but too risky imo

Honestly if it looks like anyone of Rosen, Mayfield or Allen will be there at 6. I say wait and grab the one that falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lounap23 said:

Honestly if it looks like anyone of Rosen, Mayfield or Allen will be there at 6. I say wait and grab the one that falls.

I'd find excitement in the Jackson pick too tbh. But really, Rosen is the guy I think it wouldn't even be fake or subjective excitement over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I'd find excitement in the Jackson pick too tbh. But really, Rosen is the guy I think it wouldn't even be fake or subjective excitement over.

I like Jackson but we could trade down to around 12 to get him. But he intrigues me as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lounap23 said:

I like Jackson but we could trade down to around 12 to get him. But he intrigues me as well

...And if god forbid they didn't take one at 6 you hope Jackson or Mayfield drops into the second. And then worst case scenario I think you pick Luke Falk in the second and give him a year behind another useless vet in a wasted year. Then pending the awfulness of 2018, maybe they're either in position for the top qb in 2019 or you give Falk a chance. Either way I really like Falk. He's the most no branier #2 with potential starting skills imo. As far as second tier I personally like Falk a lot more than say Rudolph. Don't think it's close there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HessStation said:

...And if god forbid they didn't take one at 6 you hope Jackson or Mayfield drops into the second. And then worst case scenario I think you pick Luke Falk in the second and give him a year behind another useless vet in a wasted year. Then pending the awfulness of 2018, maybe they're either in position for the top qb in 2019 or you give Falk a chance. Either way I really like Falk. He's the most no branier #2 with potential starting skills imo. As far as second tier I personally like Falk a lot more than say Rudolph. Don't think it's close there. 

Doubt Mayfield falls to the 2nd round but who knows... I am with you on Falk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2018 at 9:26 AM, nycdan said:

First and foremost, Eli is still a viable starting QB next season and possibly 1-2 beyond that. They do have a guy in Webb that they drafted a year ago that they haven't seen much of yet behind him.  Having an young unknown at backup QB (them) is very different from having a certain dumpster fire (us).  And with a new GM, we can't really predict his agenda.

"They" didn't draft Webb. Remember Giants have totally new regime and these guys don't know a damn thing about Webb and will not see him touch a football until after the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

"They" didn't draft Webb. Remember Giants have totally new regime and these guys don't know a damn thing about Webb and will not see him touch a football until after the draft.

I understand that they didn't draft him, but Gettleman was an NFL GM at the time of the draft.  I would certainly hope that he has a pretty decent scouting report and idea of what Webb could become.  OTOH, he hardly falls in the take a QB every year camp.  The Panthers have not drafted a QB in any round since the took Clausen and Cam with their top picks in 2010 and 2011, and Gettleman joined their staff in 2013..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree about falk but the thing is the patriots are reportedly interested in him and who knows if they'll use their first round pick on him or trade ahead of us in the 2nd, thats what im afraid of 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×