Change at offensive coordinator?

harts724

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is this only happens if Dephillipo wants the job. Jets got above average QB play from two different OCs under Bowles so nooooot really sh*tting my pants on this unless they hire someone who comes in talking groundz and poundz. At this point it is probably more about the talent at QB. 

The New York Jets really are something to behold.

Morton orchestrates a career year from Josh McCown, and Morton is the coach that might not be back.  Who knows the reasons... what difference does it make anyway?

Some of the people at Florham Park redefine the word incompetent.

5 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Morton orchestrates a career year from Josh McCown, and Morton is the coach that might not be back.  Who knows the reasons... what difference does it make anyway?

My thoughts too.  The offense wasn't a juggernaut by any means but with guys like McCown and Anderson, the offense showed way more than expected.

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bates and DeFilippo say that to you?  Do you have a clue who these guys and Sporano are?  LOL

I know deflippo just got passed over, what has to do with this subject and the Jets I have no idea. You don’t think Morton did a very good job with so little to work with on O? Bowles was rumored to be mad he passed too much. That failed goal line series mid season where Morton called pass plays on all 3 downs of course had Bowles conservative run blood boiling ha. Few weeks ago there was a story Bowles wanted to be more hands on with the offense next yr ( scary thought ) Now they are acting odd with the pass happy OC, almost wanting him to go. All adds up. And we expect Kirk Cousins to want to sign here ? Lol.

Here is comes, todd Bowles wants a running OC like Rex screamed for. How did that work out ?. Mac better step in and make sure this disaster doesn’t happen again due to a DC-HC running things. https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/jets/new-ny-jets-offensive-coordinator-tony-sparano-playing-physical-style-offense-article-1.1005810

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know deflippo just got passed over, what has to do with this subject and the Jets I have no idea. You don’t think Morton did a very good job with so little to work with on O? Bowles was rumored to be mad he passed too much. That failed goal line series mid season where Morton called pass plays on all 3 downs of course had Bowles conservative run blood boiling ha. Few weeks ago there was a story Bowles wanted to be more hands on with the offense next yr ( scary thought ) Now they are acting odd with the pass happy OC, almost wanting him to go. All adds up. And we expect Kirk Cousins to want to sign here ? Lol.

What does it have to do with any of this?  Hes the guy Bowles wanted a year ago, hes the guy mentioned in the article as someone who might be targeted, hes the guy who gets credited with Wentz's development and chances are we're going to have a young QB that will need that kind of development.  

Morton?  Depends on the bitch session, doesnt it?  When we're pissed at Bowles and deep into hating on him or not.  Hes said to have absolutely no clue as to what the O is doing, has nothing to do with the O and he gets hate.  When the O does well its all because of Morton.  When it goes to shlt, like in Denver, its on Bowles.  When the team doesnt throw at the end of the game in Denver Bowles is a quitter.  When Morton says he called all the run plays because the game was over no one says boo.  That series where we passed on every down was stupid, bad playcalling, yes.  Did I get pissed, not really, but it was bad play calling, pretty much all agreed.  

Nothing about Morton says he is better than DeFilippo.  Especially when you add in a rookie QB.  Plus who knows, it was also being said that not only did Gruden want Morton, that Morton wanted to go.  Sucks when after saying you want to leave the offer is gone

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Here is comes, todd Bowles wants a running OC like Rex screamed for. How did that work out ?. Mac better step in and make sure this disaster doesn’t happen again due to a DC-HC running things. https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/sports/football/jets/new-ny-jets-offensive-coordinator-tony-sparano-playing-physical-style-offense-article-1.1005810

WTF are you posting this shlt for?  Its an article from 2012.  Has what to do with either of the two in the rumor above?  And the fact that you apparently have no clue who DeFilippos is.  

Here it is?  LOL

Only way is we this as possible is if Morton told Bowles behind the Scenes .. “Look i’d like to go to Oakland” yet that too, doesn’t make a whole lot of sense given the fact they already have an OC in line. 

Really odd... but hey this is what we preached all season right? #CONTINUITY

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

WTF are you posting this shlt for?  Its an article from 2012.  Has what to do with either of the two in the rumor above?  And the fact that you apparently have no clue who DeFilippos is.  

Here it is?  LOL

Bro I don’t expect someone with your intellect, and blind faith to understand what’s going on lol. It’s like trying to explain explain to a monkey lol

33 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Bro I don’t expect someone with your intellect, and blind faith to understand what’s going on lol. It’s like trying to explain explain to a monkey lol

Look who's talking about someone's intelligence.  The village idiot who had no clue what blind Faith even means. 

BTW do complete morons just post buttfumble reps like you and the equally bright spot that is ASH?  Too funny

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Look who's talking about someone's intelligence.  The village idiot who had no clue what blind Faith even means. 

Haha ugh dude. Blind faith means you ALWAYS defend your team, “ blindly.” Don’t criticize when it’s warranted. That is definitely you bro, not me. You don’t even know what blind faith means, and that is your entire M.O. lol

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

Haha ugh dude. Blind faith means you ALWAYS defend your team, “ blindly.” Don’t criticize when it’s warranted. That is definitely you bro, not me. You don’t even know what blind faith means, and that is your entire M.O. lol

Guess what fool, it's better than the moron who rips his team without thinking something through. As amusement.   You aren't smart enough to figure out my or anyone's MO.  You know like bringing Sporano into a conversation about Bates and DeFilippo.  How is that warranted in your mind, what do they have in common, please explain that but of nonsense.  And then last out as if you proved something, especially in regards to intelligence. Why you felt the need to post an article from 2012 as reference is also mind boggling

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Guess what fool, it's better than the moron who rips his team without thinking something through. As amusement.   You aren't smart enough to figure out my or anyone's MO.  You know like bringing Sporano into a conversation about Bates and DeFilippo.  How is that warranted in your mind, what do they have in common, please explain that but of nonsense.  And then last out as if you proved something, especially in regards to intelligence. Why you felt the need to post an article from 2012 as reference is also mind boggling

Lol your M.O. is very clear. I guarantee if you add up all the posts that dare make a criticism of jets in any way. Calling them out for something whatever. Browse through all of them you will notice one common thing. A negative rating from jetnut ?. Nobody would even come close to second in that. If you call out the jets for anything, dare say the obvious that Todd Bowles, Mac, or woody would not like and jetnut sees it. You are getting a buttfumble or downward red ?. That is your M.O. man. Nothing else.   

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I like Morton. This is the first time in a long time the offense looked competent. The bugaboo is probably that neither Hack nor Petty really improved. In fact, Petty seemed to be worse. If the Jets intend to draft a QB they need an OC/QB coach combo that can develope a young QB and who run a system suitable to that QBs strengths.

13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like Morton. This is the first time in a long time the offense looked competent. The bugaboo is probably that neither Hack nor Petty really improved. In fact, Petty seemed to be worse. If the Jets intend to draft a QB they need an OC/QB coach combo that can develope a young QB and who run a system suitable to that QBs strengths.

That is because they both are horrible qbs Man ha. If geno Smith landed in Foxborough and not jets, would you blame bellichick for geno Smith’s lack of progress ? Lol. He took a 38 yr old journman and helped him have by far his best yr of his career. That wasn’t because of jets immense O talent either ha. Before season He said he would cater to McCowns strengths. I actually laughed that he thought he had any. But he pulled it off. When you have a OC who works around the qb, instead of making the qb work around the OC, that is a keeper.

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

Chan Bailey just got a career year from another JAG QB under the same HC! Right before Morton and McCown! 

I do enjoy the speed at which the Jets went from all terrible coaches to now having an indispensable OC. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I hate the word "develop."  A coach can only do so much. 

Barring a horrible environment, the good ones come out on top because of their own talent and drive.

A coach can help make an average QB a little better, or maybe tweak some things to take a good QB and make him very good.

Hack and Petty have nothing to do with Morton.  They stink because they stink. Nobody can create a lasting, quality sculpture with Play Doh.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

Morton's offense was the only bright spot this year, so obviously he's the one that has to go.

bright spot?  they averaged about 19 ppg?  c'mon, even the 2016 jets managed that.  i'm not a morton hater at all.  the team needs better offensive players especially at qb and center but he also didn't play to petty's strengths, as limited as they may be.

Archived