Change at offensive coordinator?

harts724

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Might depend on what happens with the QB spot. If we roll with a vet, maybe we stand pat. If we go the draft angle maybe we switch to a "QB guru."

We might want to make a change at HC then To a offensive coach who knows what they are doing with a qb. Will want to support to build around him instead of just caring about supporting the D?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Wrong change, Morton should be held, but Bowles should be gone, and him not wanting the first Jets OC to be successful since the turn of the century back is more proof he is ill equipped to be a HC in this league, and is nothing more then a DC.

Maybe more of an assistant defensive backs coach.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Making the playoffs amounts to some type of success, wouldn't you think regardless of how far you make it. 

Are you a yankee fan ? Lol. 

Well if you are picked to make it to the Super Bowl and only are 10-6, you underachieved or the experts really badly over ranked you. They picked us to finished dead last. I thought maybe they weren’t giving jets enough credit. I thought At least 1-2 teams would be worse ha. How terribly we get our butts kicked with petty showed how much this team relied on McCown to carry them. As funny as that sounds, we were that bad. 

Different situation but 49ers did not make the playoffs either,finished with same record as us. They did finish 5-0 beating jags and tenn under Garoppolo has to be extremely positive for them heading into next yr. If that was us I’d be pretty excited about 5-11 season. If the jets actually spend this yr and bring in a lot more talent( maybe cousins too) and we only finish 9-7. I’m going to say we under achieved more in 18 then we did in 17.

27 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Are you a yankee fan ? Lol. 

Well if you are picked to make it to the Super Bowl and only are 10-6, you underachieved or the experts really badly over ranked you. They picked us to finished dead last. I thought maybe they weren’t giving jets enough credit. I thought At least 1-2 teams would be worse ha. How terribly we get our butts kicked with petty showed how much this team relied on McCown to carry them. As funny as that sounds, we were that bad. 

Different situation but 49ers did not make the playoffs either,finished with same record as us. They did finish 5-0 beating jags and tenn under Garoppolo has to be extremely positive for them heading into next yr. If that was us I’d be pretty excited about 5-11 season. If the jets actually spend this yr and bring in a lot more talent( maybe cousins too) and we only finish 9-7. I’m going to say we under achieved more in 18 then we did in 17.

Yes 

Image result for almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

How about you really a Giants fan? 

Image result for DIEHARD NY JETS FANS PICS

19 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know deflippo just got passed over, what has to do with this subject and the Jets I have no idea. You don’t think Morton did a very good job with so little to work with on O? Bowles was rumored to be mad he passed too much. That failed goal line series mid season where Morton called pass plays on all 3 downs of course had Bowles conservative run blood boiling ha. Few weeks ago there was a story Bowles wanted to be more hands on with the offense next yr ( scary thought ) Now they are acting odd with the pass happy OC, almost wanting him to go. All adds up. And we expect Kirk Cousins to want to sign here ? Lol.

There is nothing wrong or dumb about playing more conservative ball until we have a QB we can trust back there. I been waiting 40 years for us to get a QB that I trust to run a high potent offense. They either dont have the arm or dont have the smarts........I'd play ground and pound too with this collection of nincompoops we have had back there. 

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Wrong change, Morton should be held, but Bowles should be gone, and him not wanting the first Jets OC to be successful since the turn of the century back is more proof he is ill equipped to be a HC in this league, and is nothing more then a DC.

The Johnson’s LOVE Bowles and Macc.  We are stuck with those 2 idiots the next 5 years

13 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

lol now Bowles "doesnt want" the OC to be back? where does it say that in the article? and he isnt the first OC we have had be successful, in fact his stats and rankings were horrible. It can be fairly argued that McClown had more to do with the success than he did because as soon as hot garbage Petty got in there we saw what our OC really looked like. 

1 minute ago, jetspenguin said:

lol now Bowles "doesnt want" the OC to be back? where does it say that in the article? and he isnt the first OC we have had be successful, in fact his stats and rankings were horrible. It can be fairly argued that McClown had more to do with the success than he did because as soon as hot garbage Petty got in there we saw what our OC really looked like. 

Does Bowles even remember who the OC is?  That’s the question 

19 hours ago, SenorGato said:

My guess is this only happens if Dephillipo wants the job. Jets got above average QB play from two different OCs under Bowles so nooooot really sh*tting my pants on this unless they hire someone who comes in talking groundz and poundz. At this point it is probably more about the talent at QB. 

Anything Bowles thinks about offense has a 90% chance of being wrong

19 hours ago, The Crusher said:

OMG aint you even heard of addition by subtraction?

I propose that we play next year with no head coach.  We will probably win 5.

45 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

There is nothing wrong or dumb about playing more conservative ball until we have a QB we can trust back there. I been waiting 40 years for us to get a QB that I trust to run a high potent offense. They either dont have the arm or dont have the smarts........I'd play ground and pound too with this collection of nincompoops we have had back there. 

Look, either you pass effectively, or you are going to lose football games. Not asking for slants and posts every down, but for f_ck's sake, a decent passing offense. You may lose them 13-7 instead of 28-10, but you will lose them. The complete lack of balls is a joke. Run/run/3rd and long desperation pass/punt is not going to cut it, ever. Ground and pound is choosing to lose. But what do I know, they pick defense every year and ....actually that pretty much does suck. 

I've been to wakes and interventions that were more enjoyable than the last 2 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Look, either you pass effectively, or you are going to lose football games. Not asking for slants and posts every down, but for f_ck's sake, a decent passing offense. You may lose them 13-7 instead of 28-10, but you will lose them. The complete lack of balls is a joke. Run/run/3rd and long desperation pass/punt is not going to cut it, ever. Ground and pound is choosing to lose. But what do I know, they pick defense every year and ....actually that pretty much does suck. 

I've been to wakes and interventions that were more enjoyable than the last 2 seasons. 

dont disagree....not one bit................but you need a QB to do it. At the end of the day in today's NFL it doesn't matter what coach you have or what kind of offense you run, if you don't have a QB you wont win. 

18 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I like Morton. This is the first time in a long time the offense looked competent. The bugaboo is probably that neither Hack nor Petty really improved. In fact, Petty seemed to be worse. If the Jets intend to draft a QB they need an OC/QB coach combo that can develope a young QB and who run a system suitable to that QBs strengths.

Yeah, similar thoughts on Morton. Not claiming any greatness but liked what he was doing when McCown was playing. However I wanted to rip my hair out with his playcalling when Petty was on the field. Now the reasoning no fan could know but safe to assume Morton obviously didn't trust Petty and thought he sucked and tightened the ship into being stagnant...which, as a side note, really makes you worry about Hackenberg. 

The whole thing is weird. You don't really know the inner workings behind the scenes. All that said, we can only assume or work with what we know/saw, and Morton was the only bright spot or shred of light I saw per coaching staff this year. Again, not great, but considering the lack of any talent on Offense, and considering it was his first year, felt more glass half full than empty....at least when McCown was starting.  

To be perfectly honest, I never thought we were going to get an OC of Morton’s caliber last year with the pile of dog crap we have at QB.

Fast forward one year, we still have a steamy pile of dog crap at QB.  Who the heck else is going to want to come here if what Morton did this year wasn’t good enough?

Its not like there are any slam dunk answers for us to solve the QB issue.  

On 1/11/2018 at 9:53 AM, Bugg said:

and 2nd and long is almost ALWAYS a running play

5 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Blowes' idea of hands-on offense is punting more on third down

No...punts can be blocked or run back for TDs.  Too risky.  Just take a knee on 3rd and 4th down and regroup for the next offensive series.

That's the Bowles way.

4 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

how can Morton get canned yet Toilet Bowles best buddy kacy Ridgers surives? Mac better wake up and tell Bowles this is BS.

Mac can say whatever he wants and Bowles can laugh at him....

can hear it now "I have kacy and you have hack" it's a greek tragedy

They are peers in the Jets "organization" and I don't think Chris Johnson is waking up anytime soon to do anything positive to change his hand-me-down NFL play team...

We need Mac to sign Cousins or get very lucky in the draft for the Jets to have a chance again

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Starting to look like Morton is gonna stay.

I mean what is the difference with Morton, DeFillipo?  I would feel more threatened by DeFillipo if I’m Bowles.  Both run a West Coast Offense, DeFillipo seems to have more running concepts then Morton I guess, but in the end does it really matter without the QB?  Seriously would Wentz not be good with Morton?

Archived