Change at offensive coordinator?

harts724

10 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean what is the difference with Morton, DeFillipo?  I would feel more threatened by DeFillipo if I’m Bowles.  Both run a West Coast Offense, DeFillipo seems to have more running concepts then Morton I guess, but in the end does it really matter without the QB?  Seriously would Wentz not be good with Morton?

It would appear in a world where you would think people would want high paying jobs there is a shortage of NFL coaches-Head and Coordinators.  I think that is why Marvin Lewis kept his job and was likely a factor in Bowles keeping his.  Tomlin is going no where at this stage.

One would think the Jets could give DeFillipo a promotion to OC from QBC, but he could end up getting an HC job (leapfrogging his boss Frank Reich, who has also been discussed as an HC).  

The Bills took Daboll from Alabama-he replaced Sarkisian, who is the OC for the Falcons (last I looked).  

I was not opposed to upgrade from Morton, but it looks like we should be nice to him.  How are we going to replace Kacy?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I mean what is the difference with Morton, DeFillipo?  I would feel more threatened by DeFillipo if I’m Bowles.  Both run a West Coast Offense, DeFillipo seems to have more running concepts then Morton I guess, but in the end does it really matter without the QB?  Seriously would Wentz not be good with Morton?

I agree entirely.

18 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This.

Wentz has the type of talent that gets coordinators and position coaches jobs they should get. Like Ray Lewis and Ed Reed used to do.

30 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

What have the Steelers done with Todd Haley? Last I heard his contract is up and thats it? Did they re-sign him? I haven't heard anything and would think if the Jets are truly thinking of dumping Morton Haley's name would or should be in the mix.

Well if the minority owners wanting Bowles out reports are true, AND they get their way I’d assume Haley would be a front runner for that job, I mean yes it’s me just speculating by putting 2 and 2 together, but it seems like a good speculation, and I’d assume Haley is gonna keep his availability free until this gets settled if I had to guess, I mean all he would have to do is replace himself with a guy who will just hold a title of OC, but not call the plays, and probably retain most of the staff except the unwavering Tomlin supporters.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Well if the minority owners wanting Bowles out reports are true, AND they get their way I’d assume Haley would be a front runner for that job, I mean yes it’s me just speculating by putting 2 and 2 together, but it seems like a good speculation, and I’d assume Haley is gonna keep his availability free until this gets settled if I had to guess, I mean all he would have to do is replace himself with a guy who will just hold a title of OC, but not call the plays, and probably retain most of the staff except the unwavering Tomlin supporters.

Normally I would agree but with the rapist rumored not to be getting along with Haley would it make sense to make him HC? Gotta think its a valid question. I personally don't think Tomlin is going anywhere. Not as long as current ownership has the final say.

Just saw this on Rotoworld:

9301.jpg

On his radio show, Ben Roethlisberger hinted he wants Todd Haley to remain the offensive coordinator in 2018.

"The least amount of change the better," Roethlisberger said. "We don’t want to have big changes because we’re right there. We’re on the cusp." Ben went on to say the issues between he and Haley were "perceived as a bigger deal" than they were. Haley is not under contract for 2018, but these comments from Roethlisberger at least give him a shot to return.
Jan 16 - 11:2

Archived