Kirk Cousins would seriously consider playing for Browns

Patriot Killa

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely not trying to say that ...

i’m just saying our rosters pretty much have had the same amount of garbage play the last two years and some how we ended up with more wins playing a tough schedule two years in a row.

Okay, given that the rosters are not that far apart in terms of talent, are you saying that you wouldn't want the Browns upcoming draft?

4 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Okay, given that the rosters are not that far apart in terms of talent, are you saying that you wouldn't want the Browns upcoming draft?

Definitely would like to have their draft picks..now what they do with those picks are a different story. They have had multiple high picks ever since the Trent Richardson trade in 2013. They just don’t do anything with them..we aren’t all stars at picking players either but it’s clear we are more successful at it and also more successful in general. It will be interesting what Dorsey does...because they can honestly keep this trend of high picks coming if they sign Cousins and trade down from #1 yet again. I like our roster at the moment more than theirs. We also have a lot of money..so if played right both of these organizations could be find going into next year.

48 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Off season on the boards is always fun.  Last two days I've seen that Revis is better than Deion and now Cleveland is better than the Jets.

Vanilla ice > Biggie

Cleveland are not better than the Jets but they are better positioned to 'get gud' quickly.

They have $115 million in cap space to our 81

they have two top 4 picks before we pick in the 1st round.

They have 3 2nd round picks

they have 1 3rd, 2 4th and 2 5th round picks and their 6th and 7th

the jets have an extra 2nd rounder and are missing their 5th rounder.

On can only assume that they are going to be worse if they flop once again in drafting.

Cleveland are not better than the Jets but they are better positioned to 'get gud' quickly.
They have $115 million in cap space to our 81
they have two top 4 picks before we pick in the 1st round.
They have 3 2nd round picks
they have 1 3rd, 2 4th and 2 5th round picks and their 6th and 7th
the jets have an extra 2nd rounder and are missing their 5th rounder.
On can only assume that they are going to be worse if they flop once again in drafting.

This is true.

While Cleveland hasn’t been better they are better positioned. That’s not to say the Jets aren’t positioned well it’s just Cleveland has a ridiculous amount of cap space and in an amazing draft position.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah, because THAT was the difference. The Browns are not even in the same league as the Jets, we all know that, I mean look at the game we played against them and got outgained by a two to one margin WITHOUT one of the best WR's in football. NOT THE SAME LEAGUE. Or am I MAKING THAT UP?

That was the difference?  Actually the point is if you dont play the same schedule how can you count up wins and losses?  Look at the game we played against them?  So we're back to looking at almost wins again?  Funny they only count when youre trying to make a point.  But beating playoff teams dont count.  Using your logic we're better than KC or Jax?  Better yet, almost losing to Cleveland gets your attention, winning 5 doesnt.  Cant make it up 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That was the difference?  Actually the point is if you dont play the same schedule how can you count up wins and losses?  Look at the game we played against them?  So we're back to looking at almost wins again?  Funny they only count when youre trying to make a point.  But beating playoff teams dont count.  Using your logic we're better than KC or Jax?  Better yet, almost losing to Cleveland gets your attention, winning 5 doesnt.  Cant make it up 

This Is a team that has won 1 game in 2 years. That’s my argument 

Right now he and his agent will say they are willing to play for the Calgary Stampders to drive the money up. Smoe and Mirrors, they know 1 - what number it will take (if any) will keep them in DC or 2 - where they PREFER to go (now that SF out of picture) if money right. 3 - DC forces hand one last year w/35 M one year deal.

I think if #2, the Jets have a decent shot cause when SF fell off his map, it became about money and future post career. NY provides best spot for post career "set-up" IF he plays well (and his agent knows that) We have a shot but we will have to overpay a few better teams that will be offering. I think overpaying smart  AND cheaper in LONGRUN cause you keep all ypour draat picks to rebuild team further as opposed to bundling 3 or 4 to move up to get Darnold or more likely Rosen.

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Only a SOJF sees 1-31 record and believes that its better than 9-23.  

No the SOJF sees the assets cleveland has and what we have and sees they are WAY better positioned to get good  than the jets.  They have way more cap room and their draft pick list is loaded thus year.

Jets at 9-23 are better than a one win team obviously, but the object of the game is not to win 9 games

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No the SOJF sees the assets cleveland has and what we have and sees they are WAY better positioned to get good  than the jets.  They have way more cap room and their draft pick list is loaded thus year.

Jets at 9-23 are better than a one win team obviously, but the object of the game is not to win 9 games

They have fewer players to build around today.  Not looking into a crystal ball and assuming that they will use the extra draft pick to pass us by.  As if this is the first time theyve had assets in the way of picks.    

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whats the Jets record with Bryce Petty at the helm. Go on, Ill wait.

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

They have fewer players to build around today.  Not looking into a crystal ball and assuming that they will use the extra draft pick to pass us by.  As if this is the first time theyve had assets in the way of picks.    

If they do it is not by a lot.  they have and edge rusher we do not, they have a young good looking TE, we are up in the air.

In the end whichever team actually gets a QB will the one to surge forwards and they have a lot more ammo than we do.

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What does this have to do with anything at all?  I don;t see your counter point here.

My point is, roster wise, there is no appreciable difference between the Jets and Browns. The only difference has been qb play. Since both teams will have new qbs next year, what are we really discussing?

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Definitely not trying to say that ...

i’m just saying our rosters pretty much have had the same amount of garbage play the last two years and some how we ended up with more wins playing a tough schedule two years in a row.

Shhhhhhhh people don’t want to admit it but it called......

Ummmmm coaching.  

Archived