Chris Simms: Sam Darnold Has Flaws; Baker Mayfield Is Best QB in NCAA

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Darnold is Sanchez 2.0 , no thanks

I think he's flawed, but I don't see too much similarity to Sanchez.  But I get the point that the 2018 class is no way as sure a thing as everyone predicted. 

How ironic is it that a year ago the thinking was how the 2018 QB class was light years ahead of the 2017 class.  It sure doesn't look like that now.  It might very well be the other way around.  Jets shoot themselves in the ass yet again, just as they have for 40+ years.  And regardless of who is GM'ing this wretchedly cursed ship.  

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think he's flawed, but I don't see too much similarity to Sanchez.  But I get the point that the 2018 class is no way as sure a thing as everyone predicted. 

How ironic is it that a year ago the thinking was how the 2018 QB class was light years ahead of the 2017 class.  It sure doesn't look like that now.  It might very well be the other way around.  Jets shoot themselves in the ass yet again, just as they have for 40+ years.  And regardless of who is GM'ing this wretchedly cursed ship.  

You sir are a breadth of fresh air!  Thank you.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

funny how one of the top rated qb's this year has some mechanics issues and hack gets beat up because he has mechanics issues.  but really isn't this what goes on every year?  we get these talking heads like chris simms touting a guy who may be the best in the draft and poo-pooing the other guys who have ranked highly since high school.  just another opinion and a way for simms to get ratings.

imo i have no idea what qb the jets should take if they have the opportunity.  i will trust mac/bowles judgement on this one.  i hope they get the guy who has the physical tools and the desire. i guess i would lean towards mayfield or rosen.  mayfield won a heisman and seems to have the fire to win.  rosen seems like he's been setting himself up for the draft since 2016.  darnold just doesn't have a large body of work.

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

I don’t give a f’- just draft a QB within the first 6 picks- I don’t care who- do your job and figure it out

7 hours ago, jgb said:

And continue to do it every year until you find the guy.

Yep.  This concept of punting the QB issue to future years while hedging with mid-late round QB's (who will never, ever work out as starters) and journeymen veterans is for the birds. Quit being a pu$$y and put your name on a QB.

Just not Josh Allen, please.  lol.

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Funny because Mayfield is actually more similar to Buttchez

Baker Mayfield - heisman winner, made multiple NCAA playoffs, 4 year starter, threw for over 14000 yards and completed over 68% of his passes over his career is comparable to Mark Sanchez who threw for 3900 yards in his career and started less than 20 games.

I really wonder why you bother posting about these QBs since clearly either  you are trolling people who are looking to have a real conversation about potential draft picks or simply have no clue what you are talking about, neither of which is a good thing

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Why listen to a former pro athlete who studies these guys for a living when I can breakthrough analysis like this right here on Jets Nation!

I actually Chris Simms.  Nice guy and his family are all class acts but he is not the Pope people can disagree with him

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Baker Mayfield - heisman winner, made multiple NCAA playoffs, 4 year starter, threw for over 14000 yards and completed over 68% of his passes over his career is comparable to Mark Sanchez who threw for 3900 yards in his career and started less than 20 games.

I really wonder why you bother posting about these QBs since clearly either  you are trolling people who are looking to have a real conversation about potential draft picks or simply have no clue what you are talking about, neither of which is a good thing

Johnny Manziel won the heisman too and was even better in college with a worse team

26 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Johnny Manziel won the heisman too and was even better in college with a worse team

He also has a substance abuse problem and a well documented history of being a dum dum. Johnny Manziel is not in the NFL because he sucks at football, he is not in the NFL because he sucks at life. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

He also has a substance abuse problem and a well documented history of being a dum dum. Johnny Manziel is not in the NFL because he sucks at football, he is not in the NFL because he sucks st life. 

You didn’t see Mayfield running away drunk from the cops on tape?  The guy is a friggin clown even his coach had to threaten to bench him to keep him in line

Just now, Philc1 said:

You didn’t see Mayfield running away drunk from the cops on tape?  The guy is a friggin clown even his coach had to threaten to bench him to keep him in line

A drunk college kid running from cops is about as normal as a grown man taking a good morning crap. A cocaine habit that cost you your career is slightly on another level . 

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Johnny Manziel also wasn’t NEARLY as pure of a passer as Mayfield. Johnny Manziel also was a run first QB no matter the situation. Johnny Manziel also didn’t come close to starting and getting in as many games as Mayfield. Johnny Manizel is currently about to lose his chance with a CFL team because he’s yet again being a forceful douchebag and piece of sh*t entitled human being. Mayfield is NONE of this. Gfys

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Johnny Manziel also wasn’t NEARLY as pure of a passer as Mayfield. Johnny Manziel also was a run first QB no matter the situation. Johnny Manziel also didn’t come close to starting and getting in as many games as Mayfield. Johnny Manizel is currently about to lose his chance with a CFL team because he’s yet again being a forceful douchebag and piece of sh*t entitled human being. Mayfield is NONE of this. Gfys

Enough.  You are now talking out of your cornhole trying to say their on field games are different they are nearly identical except Manziel in college was better

9 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

1 DUI at 21. Wow. That really screams future coke addict and woman beating coward doesn’t it? 

I’m 21. I got my first DUI the other month..made a mistake..thought I could do it. Won’t be happening again. 

Am I a future problem for society now?

you can’t say because you don’t know me. Just like you don’t know Baker Mayfield. 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

1 DUI at 21. Wow. That really screams future coke addict and woman beating coward doesn’t it? 

I’m 21. I got my first DUI the other month..are a mistake..thought I would do it. Won’t be happening again. 

Am I a future problem for society now?

you can’t say because you don’t know me. Just like you don’t know Baker Mayfield. 

Congratulations I’m talking to a millennial with a DUI defending another millennial with a DUI who is about to get a bank account with $10 million and all the time in the world to party in New York City

Worked out great before with Sanchez

Just now, Philc1 said:

Enough.  You are now talking out of your cornhole trying to say their on field games are different they are nearly identical except Manziel in college was better

He has a pass first mind set. He has a quicker release. He goes through pRoGrEsSiON at a higher rate. He is WAY more effective throwing the ball than Manziel ever was. You are talking out of your “corn hole”. Cut it out and go look at some tape instead of worrying about a 7th round flyer like JT Barrett 

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

He has a pass first mind set. He has a quicker release. He goes through pRoGrEsSiON at a higher rate. He is WAY more effective throwing the ball than Manziel ever was. You are talking out of your “corn hole”. Cut it out and go look at some tape instead of worrying about a 7th round flyer like JT Barrett 

Someone has selective memory!  Watch tape skippy they are almost the same type of passer

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Congratulations I’m talking to a millennial with a DUI defending another millennial with a DUI who is about to get a bank account with $10 million and all the time in the world to party in New York City

Worked out great before with Sanchez

If this is what you got out of the post...there is truly no help for you. I get tired of you older people labeling the hell out of younger generations and trying to belittle us with your “Millennial” BS. Like you never made a mistake In your early 20’s. 

Just now, Philc1 said:

Someone has selective memory!  Watch tape skippy they are almost the same type of passer

Watch tape? If I didn’t watch tape already I wouldn’t be arguing with you about it now. You think I just pick a player to stand up for and talk out the side of my neck?

no that is you.

Archived