Chris Simms: Sam Darnold Has Flaws; Baker Mayfield Is Best QB in NCAA

TuscanyTile2

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

If this is what you got out of the post...there is truly no help for you. I get tired of you older people labeling the hell out of younger generations and trying to belittle us with your “Millennial” BS. Like you never made a mistake In your early 20’s. 

No wonder you are so in love Mayfield lol

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No wonder you are so in love Mayfield lol

You are clueless. You need self evaluation. It’s the major part of progress, sir. 

Look at yourself in the mirror and repeat with me...

JT Barrett is a run first big arm failure.

Mayfield is a pass first accurate winner.

over and over until you snap out of it. 

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Congratulations I’m talking to a millennial with a DUI defending another millennial with a DUI who is about to get a bank account with $10 million and all the time in the world to party in New York City

Worked out great before with Sanchez

Somehow Id bet that any person here, drunk out of his mind could make you look lost without trying, regardless of his age.

15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

If this is what you got out of the post...there is truly no help for you. I get tired of you older people labeling the hell out of younger generations and trying to belittle us with your “Millennial” BS. Like you never made a mistake In your early 20’s. 

It’s funny cuz I thought he was 14

It really doesn't matter IMO. Macc is going to spend, spend, spend this off-season. At least that's what I am thinking. I now feel Cousins will be a Jet for better or worse. The only thing that could screw it up would Macc's ineptitude or Cousins not wanting to play here.

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You didn’t see Mayfield running away drunk from the cops on tape? 

I saw the video. I give Mayfield credit for being opportunistic, bold & confident. He thought he saw an opening; he believed in himself and his ability to outrun the cops; and he had the courage to follow through. That's the kind of moxie we need at QB.

Just now, RichardTodd27 said:

I saw the video. I give Mayfield credit for being opportunistic, bold & confident. He thought he saw an opening; he believed in himself and his ability to outrun the cops; and he had the courage to follow through. That's the kind of moxie we need at QB.

Lmfao

He posts as if he is. There is never any reasoning with him and the second you try to engage in a serious conversation with him..you instantly feel deep regret.

Sorry I don’t think your teeny bopper drunken college gimmick offense hero is the next Tom Brady

8 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think he's flawed, but I don't see too much similarity to Sanchez.  But I get the point that the 2018 class is no way as sure a thing as everyone predicted. 

How ironic is it that a year ago the thinking was how the 2018 QB class was light years ahead of the 2017 class.  It sure doesn't look like that now.  It might very well be the other way around.  Jets shoot themselves in the ass yet again, just as they have for 40+ years.  And regardless of who is GM'ing this wretchedly cursed ship.  

Kind of jumping to conclusions. Still a very good chance that the top 2 picks are QBs and 4 QBs go in top ten. Not to mention another one or two could slip into first.

Don't fall for the pre draft nonsense where every player gets picked apart. I remember some scouts saying rg3 was a better prospect than Luck. Based on those scouts there would be posters in this forum saying "lol, everyone thought luck was great and he may not even go number 1!"

2 minutes ago, RichardTodd27 said:

I love this post! Lets draft Mayfield because even drunk he makes them miss! YEAH!

All kidding aside I would draft Mayfield at 6 with no hesitation. We all make mistakes and the Manziel comparison is not really relevant. Their game is similar but they do not compare when it comes to character. Mayfield WALKED ON and started at 2 major programs. A weak minded man could not do that. It takes mental toughness that few possess. This coupled with his game play is one of the main reasons why I believe Mayfield can handle playing in NY with success.

I have watched almost every game Ohio State has played. J.T. Barrett is one hell of an athlete and a force on the field. That being said He is not an NFL QB. He will be a guy they don't know what to do with at the next level. With his athletic talent he will be drafted but will not be used as a QB at the next level.

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I love this post! Lets draft Mayfield because even drunk he makes them miss! YEAH!

All kidding aside I would draft Mayfield at 6 with no hesitation. We all make mistakes and the Manziel comparison is not really relevant. Their game is similar but they do not compare when it comes to character. Mayfield WALKED ON and started at 2 major programs. A weak minded man could not do that. It takes mental toughness that few possess. This coupled with his game play is one of the main reasons why I believe Mayfield can handle playing in NY with success.

I have watched almost every game Ohio State has played. J.T. Barrett is one hell of an athlete and a force on the field. That being said He is not an NFL QB. He will be a guy they don't know what to do with at the next level. With his athletic talent he will be drafted but will not be used as a QB at the next level.

This^

Mayfield isn’t a bad person by any means. Since his character is in question at all times I have looked up just about any interview or article I could find with him in it. The guy is just a passionate player. That DUI was literally his only fault. And if he was 6’3 I bet the Manziel comparison wouldn’t even be a thing. Attitude or not. It wouldn’t be a thought in anyone’s mind. Best believe that. Mayfield does charity work. He visits kids with illnesses and spends actual quality time with these kids. He recently spoke at a girls funeral who he had become very close to in the months before her passing. People who don’t like Mayfield play? That’s fine. You don’t have to like his style of play or even believe he has a shot at being a franchise QB...but come up with something else to use against him than the generic ass basic ass common ass “He acts and plays like Manziel” crap. 

9 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Darnold is Sanchez 2.0 , no thanks

I actually think it is the opposite.  Baker Mayfield reminds me of Sanchez.

Throws off his back foot often to Wr running down the field unhindered.

Has some maturity issues.

He is even close in size to Sanchez and looks like him with the cheesy man stache.

The mayfield supporters won't like it but Mayfield is far closer to sanchez than darnold or rosen

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is even close in size to Sanchez and looks like him with the cheesy man stache.

The mayfield supporters won't like it but Mayfield is far closer to sanchez than darnold or rosen

I don’t think any of these three QB’s will be anything like Mark freaking Sanchez. I think this part of the discussion is a huge waste of our times. Sanchez, really? No.

Mayfield flashes way better pro traits and have way more experience than Mark Sanchez who started 11 games for USC. 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah they all have flaws. Mayfield has really bad footwork. Darnold doesn't really go through his progressions.  Rosen has potential injury and character issues

I don’t think any of these three QB’s will be anything like Mark freaking Sanchez. I think this part of the discussion is a huge waste of our times. Sanchez, really? No.

Mayfield flashes way better pro traits and have way more experience than Mark Sanchez who started 11 games for USC. 

Yup. Just hyperbole to derail the subject.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Yeah they all have flaws. Mayfield has really bad footwork. Darnold doesn't really go through his progressions.  Rosen has potential injury and character issues

I won’t not say REALLY bad footwork. Not great footwork...but not Hackenberg “put him in the footwork ward in a straight jacket and hide him from the light” bad.

55 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hey guys. Crusher here. Let’s disagree without making it personal. We do have an ignore button if anyone needs it. 

I wish for trolls like PhilC1 there were more painful(for him)options.  Like a hammer that popped out of the keyboard to whack him in the head anytime he responds.

31 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yet there's still a good chance they all go in the Top 5.  That's the state of the QB position these days. 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Congratulations I’m talking to a millennial with a DUI defending another millennial with a DUI who is about to get a bank account with $10 million and all the time in the world to party in New York City

Worked out great before with Sanchez

Worked out great for Joe Willy..:)

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

I think he's flawed, but I don't see too much similarity to Sanchez.  But I get the point that the 2018 class is no way as sure a thing as everyone predicted. 

How ironic is it that a year ago the thinking was how the 2018 QB class was light years ahead of the 2017 class.  It sure doesn't look like that now.  It might very well be the other way around.  Jets shoot themselves in the ass yet again, just as they have for 40+ years.  And regardless of who is GM'ing this wretchedly cursed ship.  

It's almost like this was predictable...

13 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I wish for trolls like PhilC1 there were more painful(for him)options.  Like a hammer that popped out of the keyboard to whack him in the head anytime he responds.

Program it for politics, religion, namecalling and personal attacks so it can take my place. 

Archived