Chris Simms: Sam Darnold Has Flaws; Baker Mayfield Is Best QB in NCAA

TuscanyTile2

2 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I don’t think it’s a rough stretch to think a potential pro stud athlete is maybe also a giant dbag. Probably he is! I just don’t see how grabbing his nuts or transferring schools points to a sinister person.  

There were pretty loud whispers long before the draft about what kind of person Manziel was. While it’s still plenty up in the air right now what could be in there, Mayfield’s big blemish right now is that DUI. If he can explain that and there’s no rapes or murders tied to him then he should be good to go. 

I love to watch the video, but it wasn't a DUI.  It was "public intoxication"  He was standing around drunk with mustard on his shirt and then tried (poorly) to run away.  Nowhere near as bad as DUI. IMO.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I love to watch the video, but it wasn't a DUI.  It was "public intoxication"  He was standing around drunk with mustard on his shirt and then tried (poorly) to run away.  Nowhere near as bad as DUI. IMO.

Oh seriously? That’s definitely not on the same level 

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Transferred schools when he wasn't getting his way, then on his new team he grabbed his nuts to taunt the opponents' fans in a blowout.

No college QB with this on his resume has ever gone on to be a SB champion. Look it up if you don't believe me!

Also he was born on a Friday. Over 80% of successful NFL players weren't born on a Friday.

Just too risky to take this kid IMO.

Not even that bad, he was taunting the captains who refused to shake his hand at the start of the game.  

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Well then that's only half a strike IMO

It was really wrong, Mayfield at the coin toss reaches out to shake hands and they pull their hands back.  I thought the crotch grab under those circumstances was kind of justified.  

59 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

we can only speculate what mccagnan likes based on what he's drafted so far.  petty and hack both have the measurables.  williams/lee/adams had great college careers.  if he's drafting a qb in the first round, high up in the first round, i would expect that qb to have both the great college career and the measurables.  but what do i know.

Agree....we’re going Mason Rudolph!....maybe Falk

6 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He also has a substance abuse problem and a well documented history of being a dum dum. Johnny Manziel is not in the NFL because he sucks at football, he is not in the NFL because he sucks at life. 

What’s sad is right now Manziel would be the best QB on this team. Manziel’s an addict who would rather get wasted and party than develop his talents. Any addict, in any realm, experiences such interference and ultimately sucks at life. Unfortunately, it’s difficult for any individual to identify this.  Getting all that money up front did him a huge disservice. Hopefully he wakes up before his time runs out to resurrect his career.  

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

It was really wrong, Mayfield at the coin toss reaches out to shake hands and they pull their hands back.  I thought the crotch grab under those circumstances was kind of justified.  

I was having fun with it, but it was stupid and childish on his part. Others acting stupid and childish is not an excuse to respond in kind (let alone outdo them on the stupidity/childish scale). Not from a team leader who wants to prove he's ready to lead an NFL team in less than a year. 

It suggests he has a lot of growing up to do. What he did is maybe fine for a 12 year-old or kids playing a pickup game. Except he's not 12 and this was a televised, organized team sport.

He may be just fine, but this isn't a positive.

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

I was having fun with it, but it was stupid and childish on his part. Others acting stupid and childish is not an excuse to respond in kind (let alone outdo them on the stupidity/childish scale). Not from a team leader who wants to prove he's ready to lead an NFL team in less than a year. 

It suggests he has a lot of growing up to do. What he did is maybe fine for a 12 year-old or kids playing a pickup game. Except he's not 12 and this was a televised, organized team sport.

I just assume at that age having some growing up to do is a given.  I get that he shouldnt do it, especially on a national televised game but nowhere near the level of Manziel that some have pointed to.  I have questions about his game and his ability to get it done in the NFL but his being a dousch isnt as big a reason as others

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Very serious, harumph harumph this is bidness you amateur athletes! 

At one point national team sports ended with beheading the losers. We’ve come a long way. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I just assume at that age having some growing up to do is a given.  I get that he shouldnt do it, especially on a national televised game but nowhere near the level of Manziel that some have pointed to.  I have questions about his game and his ability to get it done in the NFL but his being a dousch isnt as big a reason as others

Yeah. I only saw parts of 1 game of his so I can't really comment beyond that. A lot of points were put up on just-ok throws (as well as not-really-ok throws) that were successful because of the separation his receivers afforded him. From the other sideline, Rudolph - who isn't seen by anyone as a top 10 pick, unless I'm just unaware of it - was much more impressive. His throws were harder to make and they were more on the money. 

It was only 1 game (and since I was watching clips, it was only small parts of 1 game at that) but I didn't come away wow'd by his throws, while his numbers were sensational.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah. I only saw parts of 1 game of his so I can't really comment beyond that. A lot of points were put up on just-ok throws (as well as not-really-ok throws) that were successful because of the separation his receivers afforded him. From the other sideline, Rudolph - who isn't seen by anyone as a top 10 pick, unless I'm just unaware of it - was much more impressive. His throws were harder to make and they were more on the money. 

It was only 1 game (and since I was watching clips, it was only small parts of 1 game at that) but I didn't come away wow'd by his throws, while his numbers were sensational.

I agree, there are times I've watched Mayfield and I have no idea why hes called an accurate passer by many here.  Its not his scouting report and its not what Ive seen.  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree, there are times I've watched Mayfield and I have no idea why hes called an accurate passer by many here.  Its not his scouting report and its not what Ive seen.  

I saw gobs of yardage and TD stats despite throws being off by a yard or two (or more, where the WR had to slow down a good amount). With NFL-level coverage on most receivers, those are batted away or picked off. Reminded me of Sanchez's USC clips, frankly. 

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I saw gobs of yardage and TD stats despite throws being off by a yard or two (or more, where the WR had to slow down a good amount). With NFL-level coverage on most receivers, those are batted away or picked off. Reminded me of Sanchez's USC clips, frankly. 

I agree, he gets away with a lot in college not going to get away with the same throws in the NFL. 

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I have been told here that if you have over 60% CP in college football you are pretty much a God and a slam dunk to be a franchise QB, and that nothing else other than 60%+ CP matters.

1 minute ago, NoBowles said:

I have been told here that if you have over 60% CP in college football you are pretty much a God and a slam dunk to be a franchise QB, and that nothing else other than 60%+ CP matters.

Ive been told the same thing.  Unfortunately accuracy isnt totally based on CP.  Even more unfortunate is that too many think it is

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Ive been told the same thing. 

No, you haven't.

Archived