our ROSTER.. we have a Looooooong way to go ~ ~ ~

kelly

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It does add the idea of a rookie QB. You have more time to build.

Although, you get to keep your top three picks this year if you sign Cousins (but you spend $30mm)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Thing is do we want Todd Bowles coaching our rookie or Mac picking him? We should have cleaned house. Hackenberg still couldn't see the field in a week 17 sh*t show starring Bryce Petty, meaning the QB Mac picked 51st overall shouldn't even be taking up a roster spot at this point

That's sort of the danger of this past season.  Too much talk about this team supposedly "overachieving" at 5-11 and being competitive in most games and not enough talk about all the holes we still have on this roster.  We desperately need a #1 CB, and a pass rusher on defense (both premium positions) and on offense we need to find a QB obviously, another WR, a Center (I think our o-line is actually not bad a weak link our center can cause havoc on the rest of the o-line), and a RB at least. Again, all premium positions.  I know we have a lot of cap space but it's tough to see most of this getting fixed in one offseason.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Good thing we're only in year 1 of a rebuild. Otherwise one might feel tempted to think the people running this franchise don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

Delta Skymiles Platinum Rebuild is just about to begin, baby!

3 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

That's sort of the danger of this past season.  Too much talk about this team supposedly "overachieving" at 5-11 and being competitive in most games and not enough talk about all the holes we still have on this roster.  We desperately need a #1 CB, and a pass rusher on defense (both premium positions) and on offense we need to find a QB obviously, another WR, a Center (I think our o-line is actually not bad a weak link our center can cause havoc on the rest of the o-line), and a RB at least. Again, all premium positions.  I know we have a lot of cap space but it's tough to see most of this getting fixed in one offseason.

I don’t think they need another WR. 

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I thank him every night before I go to sleep

ThAts troubling for you. I should say Macc is partially culpable, but I think Woody pushed the “max out the cap and go for it” style, when in fact this is the way it should have been done.

the key is to spread out the wealth to fill holes

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

ThAts troubling for you. I should say Macc is partially culpable, but I think Woody pushed the “max out the cap and go for it” style, when in fact this is the way it should have been done.

the key is to spread out the wealth to fill holes

Agreed. Woody also made Macccc draft Smith, Mauldin, Petty, and Harrison. Part of the competitive rebuild mandate

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Good thing we're only in year 1 of a rebuild. Otherwise one might feel tempted to think the people running this franchise don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

13 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Delta Skymiles Platinum Rebuild is just about to begin, baby!

This is good, original, creative content. First time I am hearing all this stuff, good stuff guys, keep it coming.

I changed my mind, this roster sucks. 

Would look a lot nicer with at least one or two dominant players somewhere, anywhere. Mac needs to start finding gems in the later rounds, otherwise he's outttta here. 

But also it would be nice to know something about the majority of his picks if f'n Bowles would play them and not stick with guys like Skrine thinking he'll get better.  We have a GM that wants to get younger and coach that wants to play it safe with older guys. Fuk this team. 

22 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Agreed. Woody also made Macccc draft Smith, Mauldin, Petty, and Harrison. Part of the competitive rebuild mandate

Whofans has decreed that Macc deserves partial blame for those picks, so there is no reason to discuss them any further.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

Not to mention Hack has been on the double red shirt year program. You know in training camp he'll be "basically" a rookie. So lots of potential there to look fwd to.

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

That and this article clearly didn't factor in effort, being competitive in some games and beating a few playoffs teams.  Otherwise, he'd know, this team is on the rise and the roster is filled with young go-getters who love each other and love the game and that's good.

I didn't actually read the article before responding because I figured I knew what it said already.  I was wrong.  It was worse than expected.  I knew this roster sucked but when you read that article, you realize it's absolute dog sh*t.

Archived