our ROSTER.. we have a Looooooong way to go ~ ~ ~

kelly

5 minutes ago, JiF said:

That and this article clearly didn't factor in effort, being competitive in some games and beating a few playoffs teams.  Otherwise, he'd know, this team is on the rise and the roster is filled with young go-getters who love each other and love the game and that's good.

#JetUp

18 minutes ago, JiF said:

I didn't actually read the article before responding because I figured I knew what it said already.  I was wrong.  It was worse than expected.  I knew this roster sucked but when you read that article, you realize it's absolute dog sh*t.

Really agree with this. I actually felt the roster had some decent talent to build around, especially if we got a QB. After reading the position breakdown, we're a disaster. OL is atrocious. RB is pedestrian. WRs are filled with 2nd and 3rd options, no alpha dog. Just feel we're yrs away still. If I'm GM, I'm stockpiling OL and skill players in the draft. At least be exciting and fun. Losing and boring is a toxic combination. 

5 hours ago, Pac said:

Instant contenders with a few doable moves this offseason...

Instant.

i'm with ya on this.  no team fields 22 all pros.  teams have to have enough scary good players though.  if the jets get the qb straightened out plus a few more skill positions plus center they could become a really good team.

52 minutes ago, JiF said:

I didn't actually read the article before responding because I figured I knew what it said already.  I was wrong.  It was worse than expected.  I knew this roster sucked but when you read that article, you realize it's absolute dog sh*t.

i read it earlier.  nothing surprising.  although when you think about it, powell isn't quite as good as we may think and is approaching 30.  the article may a reasonable case to cut him along with forte.  but really, they have maybe 4 or 5 serious holes that need to get filled with the main one being qb.  and they should look to acquire players that scare the other team either on defense or even offense.  after that, if they all play together and for 60 minutes this team could be pretty good.

Thing is do we want Todd Bowles coaching our rookie or Mac picking him? We should have cleaned house. Hackenberg still couldn't see the field in a week 17 sh*t show starring Bryce Petty, meaning the QB Mac picked 51st overall shouldn't even be taking up a roster spot at this point
Petty was a fourth round pick and hack was a project and a gamble taken in the second round how many second or later round qbs have been taken who are starting? Just Prescott who shocked just about everyone? Probably outside of Rosen this year the qbs will be a crapshoot does not really matter who is rolling the dice

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Petty was a fourth round pick and hack was a project and a gamble taken in the second round how many second or later round qbs have been taken who are starting? Just Prescott who shocked just about everyone? Probably outside of Rosen this year the qbs will be a crapshoot does not really matter who is rolling the dice

No first or second round QB has not played a single NFL snap within their first 2 seasons in 30 years. Couple that with the fact we had a week 17 game where Bryce Petty was the starter, meant nothing, we where getting blown out and they where still too embarrassed to give him a series.

On 1/11/2018 at 5:40 PM, rangerous said:

i read it earlier.  nothing surprising.  although when you think about it, powell isn't quite as good as we may think and is approaching 30.  the article may a reasonable case to cut him along with forte.  but really, they have maybe 4 or 5 serious holes that need to get filled with the main one being qb.  and they should look to acquire players that scare the other team either on defense or even offense.  after that, if they all play together and for 60 minutes this team could be pretty good.

If you compare the number of starters that the Saints and Jaguars, for example, have yielded from their last three drafts and compare that to Mac's handiwork, it will be apparent why there are so many holes in the Jets roster.

No first or second round QB has not played a single NFL snap within their first 2 seasons in 30 years. Couple that with the fact we had a week 17 game where Bryce Petty was the starter, meant nothing, we where getting blown out and they where still too embarrassed to give him a series.
Or it may also be possible they wanted to see more of petty so they could decide if they wanted to hold on to the kid or get rid of him at the end of the season...who really knows what their reasoning was

9 hours ago, varjet said:

If you compare the number of starters that the Saints and Jaguars, for example, have yielded from their last three drafts and compare that to Mac's handiwork, it will be apparent why there are so many holes in the Jets roster.

that may be true but remember it's all coming on the heels of 3 or 4 season's of non drafts by tanny and idzik. and the whole thing about being a starter on a team is a bit nebulous because some team's are averse to starting rookies and it falls on the coaches to get the players prepared.  also, the jets have two clear draft errors in devin smith and hack.  right there is nearly 10% of the drafted players.  i make no excuse for mac or bowles.  they have to get the players and get them on the field.

On 1/15/2018 at 6:42 AM, bealeb319 said:

Or it may also be possible they wanted to see more of petty so they could decide if they wanted to hold on to the kid or get rid of him at the end of the season...who really knows what their reasoning was

Yeah, they're going into a deep QB draft with the 6th pick and don't even want to let Hack throw a pass in his first 2 seasons cause they've already seen enough to feel good

7 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Hack will be one of three qbs on the roster next season petty might not be.

That's fine. I doubt Mac would cut his second round pick. He's clearly worthless though. He's either trash or this staff can't fix him cause they're trash. He had potential at one point. The fact of the matter remains. He's the only second rounder in a very long time to not take a snap in his first 2 years and our QB situation after McCown went down was beyond dire. He still couldn't get a snap. He clearly doesn't belong on the roster at this point and I don't think Petty does either. We're just that bad

Thing is do we want Todd Bowles coaching our rookie or Mac picking him? We should have cleaned house. Hackenberg still couldn't see the field in a week 17 sh*t show starring Bryce Petty, meaning the QB Mac picked 51st overall shouldn't even be taking up a roster spot at this point
Although I enjoyed some of the season McCown was a waste. If ever the year to tank it was this year....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived