I do not know why some folks thinks Bowles is a good coach (or ever will be)

SouthernJet

He can NOT ingame adjust or react to ingame/halftime moves opponents make. he seems stubborn with gameplan he spent 4 days making up. We all know that goes out the crapper once game starts and the best Coordinators in NFL make adjustments, EXCEPT the Jets. It's Jets own fault as they hired Hermwho  had some of same issues and he had zero Coordinator experience (where you learn how to ingame adjust on 1 side of ball) He was only ever a darn CB coach. So what do Jets do? They hire another non seasoned coach with ONE year as coordinator. Come on, lets start hiring folks who have moved up ladder and learned the strategy aspect for 10 years as opposed to ex-players who were playing during the 10 years other coaches (who didnt play ProBall or maybe a year or two) were climbing the coaching ladder learning different postions and startegy and gleaming from seasoned coaches in front of them. If Bowles cant ingame adjust by now, he wont learn it.

Add to that never complaing about bad calls. Parcells used ot say "I know call wont be over turned, I am arguing for the next close call"

Now, we hear he may be throwing OC Morton under bus (a ofense that over acheived) and keeeping his personal best pal idiot Kacy Rodgers. 

I blame GM Mac if this happens. He should have told Bowles after last game that Rodgers needed to be fired along w/Special Teams Coach.

I am praying Arians/Zona and Bowles/Jets made some under cover deal where ex NJ guy Arians (who admits he and wifes family all still live here) comes back as Jets HC and Bowles (who I hear loved Arizona) becomes the Cardinals new HC. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about Bowles. What does matter is that a current Patriots back-up/former Jets' starting linebacker who spent two years under Todd Bowles chasing tight ends into endzones thinks Todd Bowles is a good coach and that's what really counts in the grand scheme of things.

As always with Jets fans, "it's a process".  

We all know he's a terrible coach but we have to wait it out until a big crash and burn where ownership has enough cover to can him.  The seeds are already in place and we've all seen this movie before- he's got Mehta writing fluff pieces about him.  Soon his contract details will leak out and we'll find out that the Jets can ax him next year with little out of pocket exposure.

I just hope this time the backlash is so severe that Woody gets his Leon Hess moment and hires a Parcells-like savior to take control of this mess.

Ok I have another theory. I think the Jet facility at Florham Park is some secret mental masturbation cult where they force themselves into believing crazy delusions that the leader of the cult puts forth. They believe Todd Bowles is a good coach, and believe Mike McCagnan is a good GM, and expect the guy shelling out $10K for the "privilege" of purchasing tickets to believe that we have a future under this coach and GM - Thousands of dollars to watch an inferior product every Sunday, and get aggravated. 

Have to be honest here, I will never buy into this current regime. McCagnan, not as much, but Bowles?  I gave him a chance, I really did. The first 2 years I thought maybe he would improve but I have seen a guy who has done nothing in 3 seasons act like he just won the last 5 SB's. What I don't see is any improvement in his coaching skills, and not one thing he does well as a HC of an NFL team. Some coaches are good with the players - Bowles has no personality and no spine as he let Wilkerson walk all over him, some coaches scheme and are great X's and O's guys - Bowles? R U kidding me? He couldn't scheme his way out of a paper bag! Being a supposed defensive guru his defenses can't stop anyone. They rarely if ever turn the opponent over, and haven't had a defensive score in eons. Boring, conservative scared offenses, hideous special teams year after year, 10-23 over the last 2 seasons including an abortion of a game in 2015 for the playoffs.

But we are expected to believe Todd Bowles is the man to lead us into contention?

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

They dont actually believe he is a good coach. Its a typical case of wishful thinking / lying to oneself.

We all do that at times.  Its part of the human condition to refuse to accept as true what you are unhappy with.

I tell myself the truth and then drink.

Have you been chatting with my girlfriend????? 

7 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Loving these fresh and new threads. These thoughts are original and haven't been discussed before. I'm going to start a new thread about Metlife Stadium and how we need our own stadium.

See if you can get it in before my thread on why we didn’t draft Marino. 

I want them to go all out on offense but you know they won't & here's why.

If the Jets have a good enough offense and finally start scoring points & taking leads, Bowles & Rodgers better find a way to keep our defense from blowing games. I could here the excuses from Bowles now, "we didn't put enough resources into the defense this year" argh.

4 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about Bowles. What does matter is that a current Patriots back-up/former Jets' starting linebacker who spent two years under Todd Bowles chasing tight ends into endzones thinks Todd Bowles is a good coach and that's what really counts in the grand scheme of things.

Virtually every person involved with the NFL thinks he’s a good coach, for what it’s worth. 

5 hours ago, Larz said:

He's not a good coach 

The owner is playing big shot in London so we are stuck with him until he becomes a bigger problem than figuring out which fork to use at a state dinner with the princes 

We have absentee ownership.  Most regimes get cleaned out after 10-22 

2 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Glue sniffing?

To anyone who believes this nonsense.  Woody talks to each separately and whiney Jet fans translate that into Bowles doesn't report to Macc, they don't speak, Macc is powerless. Put the crack pipe down and think that one through

18 minutes ago, freestater said:

He doesn't. Both answer independently to the owner

What else do you see in your crystal ball. When has anyone, anywhere, said that they don't talk to each other?  Because a few fans read they Woody speaks to both that means Something more.  Sorry, that's not what it means.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What else do you see in your crystal ball. When has anyone, anywhere, said that they don't talk to each other?  Because a few fans read they Woody speaks to both that means Something more.  Sorry, that's not what it means.  

Didn't say that. It was reported when they we're hired, what the structure was. 

25 minutes ago, freestater said:

Didn't say that. It was reported when they we're hired, what the structure was. 

Yes, it was reported that Woody likes to talk to both.  That both speak to Woody separately.  It was never reported that Bowles doesn't say a thing to Macc or that Macc has no power here, that he can't speak to Woody as any GM does.  Fans using bad logic to stretch what was reported.

its right up there with fans who keep saying they're going to boycott J&J, duh

Or the morons who think that the proof is Macc can't fire Bowles on his own, has to go to Woody.  As if there's a GM anywhere that can fire his HC without going to the owner and telling him first.  Sure.  

On 1/12/2018 at 9:38 PM, Larz said:

He's not a good coach 

The owner is playing big shot in London so we are stuck with him until he becomes a bigger problem than figuring out which fork to use at a state dinner with the princes 

and if we are being completely honest, it's better off this way

god save the queen 

Archived