Kick ASJ to the curb and put Enunwa back at TE

Patriot Killa

He will be a LB/S nightmare match up. He has the power and blocking ability to block and seal off edges. He shows tremendous ability on crossing patterns and his 4.4 speed will dust anyone over the middle. He has a very rare mixture of speed/power/blocking ability/soft hands ..to me he is the perfect choice. He is only a few pounds lighter than Jordan Reed(TE from WASH) he has plenty of size to succeed at the position. I feel like this would b a great in house move. You save money not having to sign ASJ and you slap a tender on Enunwa and see how it works out on 2018.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jetscrazey said:

That was a Gailey thing.  Without Decker in the slot and Marshall to complement it probably wouldn't be nearly as effective.  I'd rather see Enunwa come into his own as a WR.

True talk right there but I feel like it still can work because of his size. Get a #1 WR in FA and I feel like it can have the same affect.

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

True talk right there but I feel like it still can work because of his size. Get a #1 WR in FA and I feel like it can have the same affect.

Watkins or Robinson. Also Jarvis Landry is another WR I really like a lot, not a 1 but ....

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He will be a LB/S nightmare match up. He has the power and blocking ability to block and seal off edges. He shows tremendous ability on crossing patterns and his 4.4 speed will dust anyone over the middle. He has a very rare mixture of speed/power/blocking ability/soft hands ..to me he is the perfect choice. He is only a few pounds lighter than Jordan Reed(TE from WASH) he has plenty of size to succeed at the position. I feel like this would b a great in house move. You save money not having to sign ASJ and you slap a tender on Enunwa and see how it works out on 2018.

it's not such a bad idea.  the great tight ends in the jets past were more pass oriented than we have seen over the past couple of season. caster, barkham, shuler, were all pass catchers first who could block.  enunwa is a very good block and has developed into a darn good receiver too.

5 hours ago, Stark said:

Watkins or Robinson. Also Jarvis Landry is another WR I really like a lot, not a 1 but ....

I’d take a chance on Robinson honestly. Give him a deal with an out Incase he winds up being injury prone and see how it pays off. Coming off an ACL should lower the price tag on him. He has only ever been majorly injured once if I am not mistaken. I’d definitely take him. Move Enunwa out to TE and watch magic happen.

WR1 - Allen Robinson 

WR2 - Robby Anderson

WR3 - Jermaine Kearse

WR4 - Chad Hansen/Stewart(which ever does better in TC)

TE - Quincy Enunwa, Jorden Legget

That way you field the best weapons all at the same time. 

12 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’d take a chance on Robinson honestly. Give him a deal with an out Incase he winds up being injury prone and see how it pays off. Coming off an ACL should lower the price tag on him. He has only ever been majorly injured once if I am not mistaken. I’d definitely take him. Move Enunwa out to TE and watch magic happen.

WR1 - Allen Robinson 

WR2 - Robby Anderson

WR3 - Jermaine Kearse

WR4 - Chad Hansen/Stewart(which ever does better in TC)

TE - Quincy Enunwa, Jorden Legget

That way you field the best weapons all at the same time. 

Cousins at QB and draft a couple lineman and this is a playoff team.

cousins and Robinson are my top 2 wants- of spend anything jisnoff season to get them

6 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Cousins at QB and draft a couple lineman and this is a playoff team.

cousins and Robinson are my top 2 wants- of spend anything jisnoff season to get them

Instant playoff team. A team that would come in and really challenge the Patriots in a day and age where Tom Brady is only typical Brady some weeks. and the team can be beaten more often than it use to be able to be beat.

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Give me Watkins over Robinson. Robinson feels too much like Braylon Edwards, one big year surrounded by meh. Watkins is money so long as he’s on the field. 

Watkins is way too injury prone.  Yes Robinson is coming off an ACL but Watkins foot issues scare the hell out of me

If we sign WRs I want Jarvis Landry and Eric Decker

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Watkins is way too injury prone.  Yes Robinson is coming off an ACL but Watkins foot issues scare the hell out of me

One player’s coming off their second top 10ish season in three years and the other just had his knee cut open with a knife to fix it. Seems like an obvious choice to me. 

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Top 6 in DVOA this year, top 10 in 2015 (right behind Robinson in his only appearance IIRC), top 10 and 15 by DYAR the same years

Did not know that. Pretty nice production....still would rather someone with better size. Watkins is a smaller guy am I right?

6 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

One player’s coming off their second top 10ish season in three years and the other just had his knee cut open with a knife to fix it. Seems like an obvious choice to me. 

I wouldn’t take either one.  Give me Landry and Decker

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I wouldn’t take either one.  Give me Landry and Decker

I really hope the Jets don’t pussyfoot around trying to be cute this offseason. This team needs playmakers. They already have a Landry in Kearse and Decker’s someone for an older squad. 

That said, I’m not huge on signing a WR. For me FA is about landing Cousins, Bell, and Jensen. If they can grab a Norwell or Watson or a Trey Burton or a CB then yipee, but those first three above everyone else. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

I really hope the Jets don’t pussyfoot around trying to be cute this offseason. This team needs playmakers. They already have a Landry in Kearse and Decker’s someone for an older squad. 

Huh?  I like Kearse but Landry is a much better player.  Decker is a qb’s best friend playing in the slot Ryan Fitzpatrick owes him $20 million and he won’t cost a ton of money

Just now, Philc1 said:

Huh?  I like Kearse but Landry is a much better player.  Decker is a qb’s best friend playing in the slot Ryan Fitzpatrick owes him $20 million and he won’t cost a ton of money

Kearse was better than Landry just last year, Landry’s just a bigger and more expensive name in comparison. Kearse is efficient, tough, and cheap - all Landry’s best qualities as a draft pick. 

I don’t even know what you’re babbling on about Decker for. This fanbase’s obsession with the past can go too, noooobody cares anymore it’s boring. 

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Kearse was better than Landry just last year, Landry’s just a bigger and more expensive name in comparison. Kearse is efficient, tough, and cheap - all Landry’s best qualities as a draft pick. 

I don’t even know what you’re babbling on about Decker for. This fanbase’s obsession with the past can go too, noooobody cares anymore it’s boring. 

Landry had almost 200 more yards and 4 more touchdowns last year playing with Cutler who was arguably, actually not an argument, was worse than Josh McCown. We have $100 mil cap room the time to cheap out at WR is over

Decker is still a good slot receiver.  I’m not sure what rule I violated because he used to play for us.  

10 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Landry has some record breaking stats I never even knew about until a commentator mentioned it. ..Most catches in NFL History through his first two seasons...with Ryan Tannehill QBing.

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Landry had almost 200 more yards and 4 more touchdowns last year playing with Cutler who was arguably, actually not an argument, was worse than Josh McCown. We have $100 mil cap room the time to cheap out at WR is over

Decker is still a good slot receiver.  I’m not sure what rule I violated because he used to play for us.  

Now is the perfect time to go cheap at WR. Teams roster more of them even as TEs have become many top offenses’ #1 pass catchers over the years, RBs are slowly but surely getting more involved in passing games...Passing offenses have never been leas dependent on the #1 WR. 

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Now is the perfect time to go cheap at WR. Teams roster more of them even as TEs have become many top offenses’ #1 pass catchers over the years, RBs are slowly but surely getting more involved in passing games...Passing offenses have never been leas dependent on the #1 WR. 

Yeah let’s cheap out at the second most important position in the nfl currently... just cuz

This franchise never remembers what works.  Keyshawn and Chebet? AFCG. Braylon, Santonio and Cotch?  Two AFCGs.  We even almost made the playoffs with Fitzgarbage and Bowles just because of Marshall and Decker

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Landry has some record breaking stats I never even knew about until a commentator mentioned it. ..Most catches in NFL History through his first two seasons...with Ryan Tannehill QBing.

Landry’s ranking by DVOA year to year: 45, 63, 43, and 59 (Kearse was 35th)

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

What we should definitely do is give big money to a slot receiver (Landry), when we already have a young cheap guy who effectively play the slot (Kearse). Then we should double down and give money to an older guy, who we already cut, that played the slot to, AGAIN, play the slot.  Oh, and he has a serious hip issue that destroyed any explosive ability that he had left (Decker). 

Yes.

This plan is flawless.

Archived