Kick ASJ to the curb and put Enunwa back at TE

Patriot Killa

I think he did pretty well considering the QB's we ran out there on a consistent basis and he missed the first few games.  Yeah, he fell off the cliff towards the end of the year.  But he WANTS to be here and will hopefully accept the next offer Macc throws his way.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

I think he did pretty well considering the QB's we ran out there on a consistent basis and he missed the first few games.  Yeah, he fell off the cliff towards the end of the year.  But he WANTS to be here and will hopefully accept the next offer Macc throws his way.

Does he really want to be here? Guess you haven’t checked out any of the other threads of him getting his twitter fingers cracking and expressing the exact opposite.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Does he really want to be here? Guess you haven’t checked out any of the other threads of him getting his twitter fingers cracking and expressing the exact opposite.

You mean the one where he hopes that he connects with Baker Mayfield next year?  Or was that on another team?  ^_^

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The one where he was openly recruiting other players to other teams where he wishes to sign to. After he rejected our 2nd offer.

Well at least he is proactive!  Guess Leggett will get a chance to take those training wheels off next year.

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Leggett isn’t starting. They need someone reliable who can start.

I'm not high on Macc's drafting.  But he does have a knack for finding players off the scrap heap.  But you can play devil's advocate and come up with something contrary to that statement too if you want.

11 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

I'm not high on Macc's drafting.  But he does have a knack for finding players off the scrap heap.  But you can play devil's advocate and come up with something contrary to that statement too if you want.

Yeah it’s not hard to play devil advocate when you are suggesting things that are have holes, logically. You want to start a TE who hasn’t had a single snap in a real game when there are more viable options in FA as to where we can start someone reliable and ease Leggett in slowly. This isn’t Madden .. players just don’t become good when they aren’t good to begin with. There is a developmental process. But yeah, your idea makes total sense. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah it’s not hard to play devil advocate when you are suggesting things that are have holes, logically. You want to start a TE who hasn’t had a single snap in a real game when there are more viable options in FA as to where we can start someone reliable and ease Leggett in slowly. This isn’t Madden .. players just don’t become good when they aren’t good to begin with. There is a developmental process. But yeah, your idea makes total sense. 

Hey man, you have more stake in this conversation.  But keep going, it's fun.

Just now, pdxgreen said:

Hey man, you have more stake in this conversation.  But keep going, it's fun.

You quoted me first and I replied with the intentions of having a conversation about our tight ends. It’s not my fault if you didn’t provide a good enough argument to support your perspective other than “ASJ wants to stay.” This forum is for debating. Don’t get your panties in a bunch

44613B36-0F19-46EB-A72E-2DF5C0B2DE02.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

You quoted me first and I replied with the intentions of having a conversation about our tight ends. It’s not my fault if you didn’t provide a good enough argument to support your perspective other than “ASJ wants to stay.” This forum is for debating. Don’t get your panties in a bunch

Is it true that ASJ has rejected

2 years 4mill 

and 

2 years 8mill 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

Wow.  I even earned a meme.  Thanks for that.

Honestly ASJ played well for us but I don’t get why everyone is clammoring for us  to bring him back, Enunwa would be a good option, we also draft Leggett, did we do that for fun or are we serious about giving him playing time. Leggett balled out in college, any other draft and he probably would’ve been a 2nd-3rd rounder. Also, that guy Burton for philly, as a backup had a better season than ASJ, would rather give him 5-7 million, ASJ isn’t Gronkowski, easily replaceable.

7 hours ago, Sully80 said:

Honestly ASJ played well for us but I don’t get why everyone is clammoring for us  to bring him back, Enunwa would be a good option, we also draft Leggett, did we do that for fun or are we serious about giving him playing time. Leggett balled out in college, any other draft and he probably would’ve been a 2nd-3rd rounder. Also, that guy Burton for philly, as a backup had a better season than ASJ, would rather give him 5-7 million, ASJ isn’t Gronkowski, easily replaceable.

Enunwa can’t play tight end in WCO.  In Gailey’s spread he’s sort of a hybrid tight end/Wideout but he was rarely required to block in-line if ever and almost always split wide.  He is a physical WR but not big enough to be expected to chip block DEs and OLBs 25+ times per game.  Oh and he has a neck injury that might prevent him from playing again

But yeah we don’t need a tight end

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Enunwa can’t play tight end in WCO.  In Gailey’s spread he’s sort of a hybrid tight end/Wideout but he was rarely required to block in-line if ever and almost always split wide.  He is a physical WR but not big enough to be expected to chip block DEs and OLBs 25+ times per game.  Oh and he has a neck injury that might prevent him from playing again

But yeah we don’t need a tight end

I’m not saying we don’t need a tight end, if Enunwa can’t play TE that’s fine I’m not going to sit here and say definitively that he’d a great tight end, b/c I’m not a coach or scout. We have Leggett and there are other options in FA. What I don’t understand is this obsession with bringing ASJ back. It’s like the entire fan base is enamored with him because he actually caught the ball and snagged a couple of TDs. Just because that old fart Gailey ignored the TE position for 2 years doesn’t mean that ASJ is a top 10 tight end and should be paid like such. He’s already turned down a couple of contracts from us and I’d really only be willing to go up a little bit more, anything that much higher would be unreasonable and I’d rather entertain other options. I’m not sure how that’s the wrong opinion to have.

On 1/14/2018 at 12:59 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Yessir.. idk what he was expecting for a 3 TD season. I guess he thought we would add in the TD’s that got called back lol.

@BrickTamland Patriot Killa is wrong. Only offer so far was 2 years 4M per year

ASJ Turns Down Jets Offer

Jets offered him to be the 26th highest paid TE, ASJ wants to be paid like the 20th highest paid TE. 

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

The deal offered was 2 years $4M per year or 2 years $8M total. Can you provide any link to show another offer?

I did already. The 1st one is in the article “NYJ is interested in Kirk Cousins” it mentions 8 million being the base salary. Maybe I read it wrong. Anything’s possible.??‍♂️

38 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I did already. The 1st one is in the article “NYJ is interested in Kirk Cousins” it mentions 8 million being the base salary. Maybe I read it wrong. Anything’s possible.??‍♂️

You read it wrong. He's looking to get $6M per year supposedly. (20th highest paid TE)

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 11.44.40 AM.png

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Alright. I stand corrected. I still wouldn’t pay him. He’s a little wishy washy and his production was ass.

Eh for only playing 10.5 games with your starting QB I'd say he did alright. Assuming he'd continue his trend of 5.69 targets per game over the course of a 16 game season he'd rank 8th behind:

Kelce - 122

Engram - 115

Walker - 111

Ertz - 110

Doyle - 108

Gronk - 105

Graham - 95

ASJ - 92

Witten - 87

He ranked 13th of all TEs in receptions (missing 3 games or 5.5 without a starting QB) and was 14th in catch rate among all TEs. His low 1st down percentage likely comes down to our inability to run the ball on 1st and 2nd down leaving us in long 3rd downs. We don't NEED to keep him but if making him the 20th highest paid TE in the league is what it will take I really have no problem with it especially since he is only 25.

Archived