*****NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread January 13-14,2018

joewilly12

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I cut out soda entirely for an entire year and when I finally went back I went to things like Diet Dew, Coke Zero, Pepsi Max, Diet Dr. Pepper, Sprite Zero, etc. and it was crazy how much sweeter everything tastes when you take yourself away from sugar for so long.  For the most part I stick to flavored seltzer now, but diet soda kicks that crave when it comes around.  Pepsi products took out aspartame too, which is nice.

People think I’m crazy but dude..95% Of what I drink is just water. I love water and have since I was a kid. And yeah, I like Pepsi. Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Dr.Pepper, preferably. Coke is too acidic for my liking..it’s okay..not huge on it though. Code Red Mountain Dew is also one of my go to’s if I’m going to drink soda.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Pats are gross, but they win in large part because the rest of the league hires Mike Mularkey and Brian Schottenheimer. 

They don't even need all the bullsh*t calls to be a perennial contender but it's beyond the point where you can pretend it's a coincidence anymore. The sample size is too large

1 minute ago, SayNoToDMC said:

They don't even need all the bullsh*t calls to be a perennial contender but it's beyond the point where you can pretend it's a coincidence anymore. The sample size is too large

I’ve thought about this a lot and I’ve concluded that they get calls the same way Duke basketball gets all the calls: refs simply believe the Patriot and Duke player is going to do the correct thing and the opposing player, through default, will be doing the wrong thing. It’s human nature to reward things that you simply believe are “good” and punish things that exist in contrast. It’s a way to reward yourself for a foundational belief you hold.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I’ve thought about this a lot and I’ve concluded that they get calls the same way Duke basketball gets all the calls: refs simply believe the Patriot and Duke player is going to do the correct thing and the opposing player, through default, will be doing the wrong thing. It’s human nature to reward things that you simply believe are “good” and punish things that exist in contrast. It’s a way to reward yourself for a foundational belief you hold.

That doesn't fully explain the 3 times Pats benefited from the same bullsh*t catch rule that went to NY for review where they got to watch it on replay and make a supposedly rational judgment. I'm double salty cause I had ASJ that week in fantasy and lost by 3. That stupid catch rule seems exclusive to benefiting them. Same as the tuck rule they made up on the spot against the Raiders that nobody heard of prior. 

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

People think I’m crazy but dude..95% Of what I drink is just water. I love water and have since I was a kid. And yeah, I like Pepsi. Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Dr.Pepper, preferably. Coke is too acidic for my liking..it’s okay..not huge on it though. Code Red Mountain Dew is also one of my go to’s if I’m going to drink soda.

Hah, that's what I get all the time now.  Me and my buddies will go out to a diner or something after work to grab a bite and I'll order a seltzer with some sliced lemons + limes and they'll look at me like I just slaughtered a small animal.  I cut out the soda because I was straight up addicted to the sugar and caffeine.  It was getting to the point where I would get massive headaches if I didn't drink at least 40ozs of Coca-Cola. Plus, I wanted to drop some pounds and figured cutting that sh*t out would be the easiest way to go about it.  Fast forward a year, I don't get the headaches, am back to my high school football playing size/weight (5'11 180-185) for the first time in 7 years, and am in much better health overall.  I drink water like a horse now.  Feels great.

Kids never really listen when their parents tell them that soda is the absolute worst possible thing for you, but man, they were right.

Wonder if at some point the heavy hand of the NFL refs in the Pats' favor backfires. You have 31 other teams and their fans who have had enough. And the 2 BS calls tonight-the OPI on Decker and the 4th down one-were embarrassing. Entirely plausible the Pats win without either.

Not sure the Pats and the NFL grasp the backlash this week is gonna be off the hook. When this game was competitive the refs put their heavy fingers on the scales, and nobody likes that. Enjoy your victory Massholes-because it's gonna cost you.

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Pats are gross, but they win in large part because the rest of the league hires Mike Mularkey and Brian Schottenheimer. 

What's gross is the gag fest ROMO and NANCE had during the last 50 minutes of game time talking about BRADY and the cheaters.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Hah, that's what I get all the time now.  Me and my buddies will go out to a diner or something after work to grab a bite and I'll order a seltzer with some sliced lemons + limes and they'll look at me like I just slaughtered a small animal.  I cut out the soda because I was straight up addicted to the sugar and caffeine.  It was getting to the point where I would get massive headaches if I didn't drink at least 40ozs of Coca-Cola. Plus, I wanted to drop some pounds and figured cutting that sh*t out would be the easiest way to go about it.  Fast forward a year, I don't get the headaches, am back to my high school football playing size/weight (5'11 180-185) for the first time in 7 years, and am in much better health overall.  I drink water like a horse now.  Feels great.

Kids never really listen when their parents tell them that soda is the absolute worst possible thing for you, but man, they were right.

Absolutely. I had a friend who had to have surgery because she drank Coke every second of the day. Man..true story..I caught my mom cleaning a toilet with coke before...AND IT WORKED..sh*t is no good for you

21 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

That doesn't fully explain the 3 times Pats benefited from the same bullsh*t catch rule that went to NY for review where they got to watch it on replay and make a supposedly rational judgment. I'm double salty cause I had ASJ that week in fantasy and lost by 3. That stupid catch rule seems exclusive to benefiting them. Same as the tuck rule they made up on the spot against the Raiders that nobody heard of prior. 

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Wonder if at some point the heavy hand of the NFL refs in the Pats' favor backfires. You have 31 other teams and their fans who have had enough. And the 2 BS calls tonight-the OPI on Decker and the 4th down one-were embarrassing. Entirely plausible the Pats win without either.

Not sure the Pats and the NFL grasp the backlash this week is gonna be off the hook. When this game was competitive the refs put their heavy fingers on the scales, and nobody likes that. Enjoy your victory Massholes-because it's gonna cost you.

I mean, here’s the big thing about this particular conspiracy: it helps nobody but the Pats. Nobody outside of Massachusetts likes anyone on the Pats. Nobody wants to see them, nobody wants to buy their jerseys. They don’t even really work as a “hated rival” because they’re so boring and corporate. I just can’t wrap my head around why the top Sports League in America would jeopardize a shred of credibility trying to execute a massive, wide-ranging conspiracy to help a team and a coach and a QB that nobody wants to pay to watch. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, here’s the big thing about this particular conspiracy: it helps nobody but the Pats. Nobody outside of New England like anyone on the Pats. Nobody wants to see them, nobody wants to buy their jerseys. They don’t even really work as a “hated rival” because they’re so boring and corporate. I just can’t wrap my head around why the top Sports League in America would jeopardize a shred of credibility trying to execute a massive, wide-ranging conspiracy to help a team and a coach and a QB that nobody wants to pay to watch. 

I don't get it either but I also don't get anything the NFL does under Goodell. Like incinerating the evidence they cheated that Mangini exposed and it was the only good thing he ever did. If you where going to pick a team to make it to the SB in this field though it's the Pats. It's like the Yankees, people in the market love them, everyone out of the market will watch because they hate them and want them to lose, or Floyd Mayweather, sh*ttiest fighter to sit and watch but he'll sell millions of PPV's even against a mutt who never boxed cause you want him to lose. I find it hard to believe they'd mess around or manipulate games also but I can't rationalize the calls anymore either at this point

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

One other thing I concluded while watching that game: literally every perceived problem the NFL is having right now could have been solved by firing Roger Goodell. 

This we agree on. They're going to have no viewers left by the end of his new deal. I could have locked my pitbull in the head NFL office from 9-5 since Tagliabue retired and the league would have been better off. She would have probably chewed up a carpet but it'd be cheaper to replace that than all the fans who are disgusted

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

This we agree on. They're going to have no viewers left by the end of his new deal. I could have locked my pitbull in the head NFL office from 9-5 since Tagliabue retired and the league would have been better off. She would have probably chewed up a carpet but it'd be cheaper to replace that than all the fans who are disgusted

Have a friend who despises football that says "Goodell is doing the job of destroying the game better than I could have ever hoped for!"  Gotta admit he''s right.  There's a reason the league went after Silver.

6 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Have a friend who despises football that says "Goodell is doing the job of destroying the game better than I could have ever hoped for!"  Gotta admit he''s right.  There's a reason the league went after Silver.

I joked about it before he took the job. A monkey could be the NFL commissioner and they could still print money. I still believe that. The owners should have hired the monkey. They have to be the dumbest collection of billionaires on the planet.

39 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Tonight was disgusting but why will it change anything? The same sh*t has been happening for a decade and it just seems to be getting more blatant. 

54 minutes ago, Bugg said:

It will cost them nothing.  Nothing is gonna change.  

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Pats won by three touchdowns I know the refs tongued their balls early on but a couple bad calls didn’t cost the titans the game they just aren’t that good

True, the Chiefs were screwed last week to make it easier for the pats* this week, the Titans were not expected to put up a fight but the OPI on Decker was on a critical 3rd down conversion after the pats* scored to tie it 7-7, changing momentum of the "game" 

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

My prediction for the game:  There will be at least one controversial catch/no-catch call that will be overruled in favor of the Patriots despite a lack of compelling video evidence.  

Damn - Lith sniped me!

Sadly, this did indeed come to pass.

"The Patriots just tied the game 7-7, and the Titans were looking to answer. On third-and-4, Marcus Mariota hit Eric Decker on an out route for 13 yards and a first down. It was called back for offensive pass interference on Decker. Replays showed Decker did make contact with cornerback Malcolm Butler, who fell down on the play. The contact was minimal and unlikely caused Butler's slip that freed up the Decker. Torbert and his crew disagreed.

"In the judgment of the covering official, No. 87 pushed off and created an advantage for himself that allowed him to create space to make the play," Torbert said in a report posted by Paul Kuharsky of PaulKuharsky.com."

The refs just can't let Patriot games play out without running interference for them.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  The phantom penalty against TEN on the NE punt that gave NE the ball back was even worse.  And lets not overlook the play where the refs had to hold back flagging Derrick Henry for thrusting his facemask into a Patriot players' hand.

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/952372927055454208/photo/1

The NFL clearly doesn't want to acknowledge that officiating isn't just bad, but it's biased.  Yet they even more clearly don't want to clean it up.  I don't know how the 31 other owners continue to just watch this happen year after year.

Archived