*****NFL Playoff Weekend Game Thread January 13-14,2018

joewilly12

The thing I haven't checked is what time was left on the clock when the catch was made. Even if he was tackled out of bounds it's still likely the Vikes win it with a field goal, but provided there was time left.

In a way it was the perfect throw. If the Saints don't compete for the catch then the Vikes catch it and go out of bounds setting up the FG.

Only way the Saints stop it is to compete for the catch and risk a PI call. They tried to not compete but were limited to not being able to drive towards the side line, which is why Williams did what he did. If Williams just wraps him up they likely crash out over and Saints likely lose anyway. But depends on that clock.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

The truth is we may not know all of the reasons why but the fact is there is favoritism for the Pats. That is beyond debate.......

Kraft is chairman of the broadcast committee. The head of CBS sports, less moonves is often seen in his owners box kissing ass 

Explains why nantz is such a cheaters Homer 

2 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

The thing I haven't checked is what time was left on the clock when the catch was made. Even if he was tackled out of bounds it's still likely the Vikes win it with a field goal, but provided there was time left.

In a way it was the perfect throw. If the Saints don't compete for the catch then the Vikes catch it and go out of bounds setting up the FG.

Only way the Saints stop it is to compete for the catch and risk a PA call. They tried to not complete but were limited to not being able to drive towards the side line, which is why Williams did what he did. If Williams just wraps him up they likely crash out over and Saints likely lose anyway. But depends on that clock.

About 5 seconds. If Williams just catches Diggs and falls down the saints win 

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

About 5 seconds. If Williams just catches Diggs and falls down the saints win 

I don't have access to a replay right now (at work, can post, can't view YouTube etc) but my impression at the time was Williams couldn't have done anything to Diggs except take out his legs so he falls straight down and not towards the side line. If Williams hits him with any force in the upper body coming from the direction he was at that speed then they go out over the side line and Vikes likely win via FG.

But I haven't seen a replay since so going off my memory. But for me, I can understand why Williams played it that way.

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Wow I don’t know that!!!

Thanks it explains a lot 

I googled it and there is also a commissioners committee with kraft, Mara, rooney  and McNair 

Also known as the "we won't be the road team on Thursday night" club 

1 minute ago, The Walrus said:

I don't have access to a replay right now but my impression at the time was Williams couldn't have done anything to Diggs except take out his legs so he falls straight down and not towards the side line. If Williams hits him with any force in the upper body coming from the direction he was at that speed then they go out over the side line and Vikes likely win via FG.

But I haven't seen a replay since so going off my memory. But for me, I can understand why Williams played it that way.

It's a lot to ask the kid to think to do in the moment , but he literally could have stood under him and caught him. 

9 out of 10 times the lunge catches a body part and Diggs is down in bounds 

Just a miracle 

@Mogglez

NY Jets projected draft picks 

Round 7: Jaylen Samuels, FB, N.C. State

You can afford some gambles this late in the draft. The Jets used converted defensive end Lawrence Thomas at fullback last year. It was a cool story, but Thomas didn't bring much to the offense. Samuels is a bit of a hybrid tight end/H-back. John Morton can find some interesting ways to use him. 

23 hours ago, Larz said:

It's a lot to ask the kid to think to do in the moment , but he literally could have stood under him and caught him. 

9 out of 10 times the lunge catches a body part and Diggs is down in bounds 

Just a miracle 

Got around to watching a replay and yeah, he was just trotting into the coverage, so while he needed to be careful not to tackle out towards the sideline he still had the better options of just attempting to punch the football away or if worried about a PI call, just let him catch and immediately wrap and drop. It was like he was trying to take his legs out during the act of catching the ball.  But fair play to Keenum and Diggs, the pass was close enough to the side line to force the error.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:20 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm almost positive it has never happened before.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:46 PM, Bugg said:

Niners/Dolphins was at Stanford Stadium, practiced at their own facility, even if the game was not in Candlestick. 

Rams in Pasadena in '80, but also not their actually home field

7 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@Mogglez

NY Jets projected draft picks 

Round 7: Jaylen Samuels, FB, N.C. State

You can afford some gambles this late in the draft. The Jets used converted defensive end Lawrence Thomas at fullback last year. It was a cool story, but Thomas didn't bring much to the offense. Samuels is a bit of a hybrid tight end/H-back. John Morton can find some interesting ways to use him. 

1.  Samuels is an H-Back, not a full blown FB like Bohanon, which is stated in that write up.  I said that a H-Back is what most teams, including us, use. Long story short: Bohanon (FB) - Bad fit, Samuels (H-Back) - Right fit.

2.  This is a mock draft that I doubt actually happens. However, one scenario I can causing us to draft someone like this is DeFilippo coming here to replace Morton.  I don't know much about his offense right now, but he might want one.  We'll see.

Archived