Screw this. I’m tired of sitting on the sidelines.

Patriot Killa

What makes it particularly suspicious is the ESPN "article" about the possibility this is the last season for the cheaters trio of shame. 

ESPN is struggling, NFL ratings are down. 

They basically released a guide for the narrative for press coverage for the super bowl 

The dead give away is the ludicrous explanation that the rift coming from who gets credit for the dynasty 

That's like making an excuse for why your girlfriend left you involving how your junk is too big 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Since when are Jets fans so high maintenance? Of course we'd all love for us to draft our own guy and for him to turn into a top QB. 

But now that a top 10 QB could be a free agent, we wanna turn the other away because he hasn't won any MVPs? lol. Let me know when that Unicorn becomes available on the market. 

Dude please. Two words: NEIL O'DONNELL. We've been down this road before.Throwing money at a guy with a decent pedigree assures NOTHING. Your all acting as if bringing in Cousins puts this team into playoff contention. With the problems on the OL alone they are not at that level yet. Not to mention the other holes. How many times is it going to take to understand the quick fix doesn't work?

18 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The Redskns did the kid no favors on getting rid of his receivers last year. Guy came out and played very well with what he had. I live in DC and I 100% think Cousins will play better the minute he is out of DC. Needs a change of scenery and feel the support of an organization that actually “wants” him. Drew Breezey-ish in the fresh start sense. 

That’s how you know Redskoan FO is garbage. They didn’t even evaluate the position correctly. They drafted two kids in the high rounds and figured it was good enough instead of comparing production and other things that may factor in. Just because you spend a pick on Crowder and he doesn’t do terrible, doesn’t mean stick him at #1 the very next year. He didn’t perform like a #1WR ..Doctson was a 1st round pick so they thought that was sufficient enough too? Smh..no. Kirk had a deep threat with Jackson and some reliable hands on the short/intermediate routes with Garcon. He lost all of that and didn’t complain. He performed. 27-13 TD:INT ratio with players who couldn’t even beat out Anderson/Kearse/Powell/Forte’s production and keep in mind our guys had a way lesser talented QB throwing to them. That’s a big difference.

8 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Dude please. Two words: NEIL O'DONNELL. We've been down this road before.Throwing money at a guy with a decent pedigree assures NOTHING. Your all acting as if bringing in Cousins puts this team into playoff contention. With the problems on the OL alone they are not at that level yet. Not to mention the other holes. How many times is it going to take to understand the quick fix doesn't work?

Yeah, because we won’t have the money to grab Jensen or any other damn FA O-line out there. We also have plenty of draft capital to shore it up as well. Excuses.

sign Jensen, sign G, draft McGlinchey/Nelson and that’s already a lot more formidable than anything we had this year. Not that Brain Winters is some kind of all pro but he was out the entire year along with a lot Of other short stint injuries through out the core of the o line. This team proved with a few really good players they could of won 7 plus games. Hell they could of won 7 plus games anyway if they knew how to close out in the 4th.

32 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Not sure what the official measure is for lifting to greatness, but pretty sure outside of Rodgers and Brady, not many QBs are doing that. All of them are surrounded by talent, and some still can't make the playoffs. 

Stafford is the highest paid player...is he lifting to greatness? 

Thank you!!

And the Stafford comparison is a telling one; since Stafford and  Cousins both have essentially identical stats and Cousins has done it without the markee players that Stafford has and yet if Stafford was available 90% of this board would be begging to acquire him.  

14 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

If you wanna dictate what we do now based on this teams prior moves, then I hate to say it but you're gonna run out of options. 

Okay so how's this in regards to a ready to win now offseason...

With the releasing of Wilkerson, Forte, Skrine and the shocker I think being Carpenter that'll leave us with a little over 100 million to play with.  Starting with resigning our own I'm hoping it goes like this..

Resign:

-Demario Davis

-Kony Ealy

-Morris Claiborne

-ASJ -- just give him a 3yr 18 million dollar deal and he stays.  He's 25 years old and I think he will be very effective with consistent QB play.

Sign:

-Kirk Cousins -- we would realistically probably need to give him 30 million a year to pry him away from the likes of Washington and keep him away from Cleveland

-Trumaine Johnson -- with him and Claiborne that would give us a nice 1-2 combo at CB

-Ryan Jensen -- you plug him in to replace Carpenter and it's an immediate upgrade

Draft:

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold -- I don't think they screw around anymore.  They take the top QB.

2. NYG - Josh Rosen -- I think Darnold/Rosen is 1-2 on their board so it's pretty much whoever the Browns don't pick.

3. Indianapolis - Sequan Barkley -- I think they try to trade back so they can draft a LT (McGlinchey, Williams, Adams..) and if not they go with BPA on their board which I think would be Barkley.

4. Cleveland - Minkah Fitzpatrick -- They could go Chubb here but with them drafting Garrett last year with the #1 pick I think they go secondary here and go with the extremely versatile Fitzpatrick.

5. Denver - Baker Mayfield -- It was said that they wanted to make sure he was on the their Senior Bowl team.  He'll most likely be there for them to draft.

6. NYJ - Bradley Chubb -- The trend continues and another top pick falls in our lap.  We immediately run to the podium to draft this kid.  Our pass rusher is here.

2nd Round:

37. NYJ - Billy Price / Center / Ohio State -- He's a Day 1 starter at Center.

49. NYJ - Sony Michel / Running Back / Georgia -- He eventually takes over he #1 RB

That leaves us with a Projected Lineup of:

OFFENSE:

QB - Cousins/Petty/Hackenberg

RB - Powell/Michel/McGuire

FB - Lawrence Thomas

WR - Enunwa/Anderson/Kearse/Hansen/Stewart

TE - ASJ/Leggett/Sterling

LT - K. Beachum/B. Qvale

LG - R. Jensen/D. Dozier

C - B. Price/J. Harrison

RG - B. Winters/D. Dozier

RT - B. Shell/B. Qvale

DEFENSE:

DE - Williams/Ealy/X. Cooper

NT - McClendon/Pennel

OLB - B. Chubb/J. Martin

ILB - D. Davis/D. Lee/B. Carter

OLB - J. Jenkins/J. Martin

CB - T. Johnson/M. Claiborne/D. Roberts/J. Burris/D. Jones/J. Clark

FS - M. Maye/R. Miles

SS - J. Adams/T. Brooks

I'm more than okay with that as a starting point.  The room for improvement moving forward would be upgrading our Tackle positions and getting more talent at CB.  Sorry for the lengthy post but what do you guys think?

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah, because we won’t have the money to grab Jensen or any other damn FA O-line out there. We also have plenty of draft capital to shore it up as well. Excuses.

sign Jensen, sign G, draft McGlinchey/Nelson and that’s already a lot more formidable than anything we had this year. Not that Brain Winters is some kind of all pro but he was out the entire year along with a lout Of other short stint injuries through out the core of the o line. This team proved with a few really good players they could of won 7 plus games. Hell they could of won 7 plus games anyway if they knew how to close out in the 4th.

Yeah we will have the money but the crop of FA OL leaves a lot to be desired. I would rather draft Winn in the late second and grab Bozeman as well. 2 OL who can play. Winn can play multiple positions on the OL including C. I would not be upset if the Jets somehow came away with those two in the draft. Like I have said all along its just speculating until we see what they do in FA. Macc could do wild on the defense side of the ball or he could do a little of both. When we see the moves they make in FA only then can we speculate on who they draft or when.

2 minutes ago, JetFanatic said:

Okay so how's this in regards to a ready to win now offseason...

With the releasing of Wilkerson, Forte, Skrine and the shocker I think being Carpenter that'll leave us with a little over 100 million to play with.  Starting with resigning our own I'm hoping it goes like this..

Resign:

-Demario Davis

-Kony Ealy

-Morris Claiborne

-ASJ -- just give him a 3yr 18 million dollar deal and he stays.  He's 25 years old and I think he will be very effective with consistent QB play.

Sign:

-Kirk Cousins -- we would realistically probably need to give him 30 million a year to pry him away from the likes of Washington and keep him away from Cleveland

-Trumaine Johnson -- with him and Claiborne that would give us a nice 1-2 combo at CB

-Ryan Jensen -- you plug him in to replace Carpenter and it's an immediate upgrade

Draft:

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold -- I don't think they screw around anymore.  They take the top QB.

2. NYG - Josh Rosen -- I think Darnold/Rosen is 1-2 on their board so it's pretty much whoever the Browns don't pick.

3. Indianapolis - Sequan Barkley -- I think they try to trade back so they can draft a LT (McGlinchey, Williams, Adams..) and if not they go with BPA on their board which I think would be Barkley.

4. Cleveland - Minkah Fitzpatrick -- They could go Chubb here but with them drafting Garrett last year with the #1 pick I think they go secondary here and go with the extremely versatile Fitzpatrick.

5. Denver - Baker Mayfield -- It was said that they wanted to make sure he was on the their Senior Bowl team.  He'll most likely be there for them to draft.

6. NYJ - Bradley Chubb -- The trend continues and another top pick falls in our lap.  We immediately run to the podium to draft this kid.  Our pass rusher is here.

2nd Round:

37. NYJ - Billy Price / Center / Ohio State -- He's a Day 1 starter at Center.

49. NYJ - Sony Michel / Running Back / Georgia -- He eventually takes over he #1 RB

That leaves us with a Projected Lineup of:

OFFENSE:

QB - Cousins/Petty/Hackenberg

RB - Powell/Michel/McGuire

FB - Lawrence Thomas

WR - Enunwa/Anderson/Kearse/Hansen/Stewart

TE - ASJ/Leggett/Sterling

LT - K. Beachum/B. Qvale

LG - R. Jensen/D. Dozier

C - B. Price/J. Harrison

RG - B. Winters/D. Dozier

RT - B. Shell/B. Qvale

DEFENSE:

DE - Williams/Ealy/X. Cooper

NT - McClendon/Pennel

OLB - B. Chubb/J. Martin

ILB - D. Davis/D. Lee/B. Carter

OLB - J. Jenkins/J. Martin

CB - T. Johnson/M. Claiborne/D. Roberts/J. Burris/D. Jones/J. Clark

FS - M. Maye/R. Miles

SS - J. Adams/T. Brooks

I'm more than okay with that as a starting point.  The room for improvement moving forward would be upgrading our Tackle positions and getting more talent at CB.  Sorry for the lengthy post but what do you guys think?

Like for sure. Don’t love for lack of strengthening WR Spot.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yeah we will have the money but the crop of FA OL leaves a lot to be desired. I would rather draft Winn in the late second and grab Bozeman as well. 2 OL who can play. Winn can play multiple positions on the OL including C. I would not be upset if the Jets somehow came away with those two in the draft. Like I have said all along its just speculating until we see what they do in FA. Macc could do wild on the defense side of the ball or he could do a little of both. When we see the moves they make in FA only then can we speculate on who they draft or when.

I really like Wynn. I’d be fine with Wynn. If they went Pass rusher at 6 I would be even more inclined to draft him or even Billy price. A lot of different ways to fix this situation..which is the optimistic part.

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’m going to ease your mind on this subject once and for all, JW.

like birds in the wind, let it fly.

No worries dude I want a franchise QB as much as the next guy, been suffering way too long 49 years to be exact. 

Kirk Cousins brings us some swagger and an arm. 

Just don't want to see a mistake made thats all. 

2 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

If you wanna dictate what we do now based on this teams prior moves, then I hate to say it but you're gonna run out of options. 

Just a cautionary tale my friend. Look its just my opinion. I would rather draft a QB along with an RB C and let them grow together. Those would be my first 3 picks in the upcoming draft if I was GM. It all really depends on what they do in FA but if I am Macc my 1st 3 picks are on Offense.

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I really like Wynn. I’d be fine with Wynn. If they went Pass rusher at 6 I would be even more inclined to draft him or even Billy price. A lot of different ways to fix this situation..which is the optimistic part.

I love Billy Price but there is no way he makes it to the 2nd at our pick. If by some miracle he did you run that card up there.

All I'm saying is you have to build something to make it last. You can throw all the high priced guys together you want but it doesn't mean they are going to jell. Too many factors come into play. I think its moot anyway as Cousins is Denver bound IMO. Elway will woo him. One QB to another.

I know this is the bush way to beat them, but in 2 yrs when hopefully we get our act together, Brady will be 42. Reality has to hit him by then. I don’t wish injury on anyone, but Brett farve was absolutely mauled by the saints in the playoffs, destroyed him. He came back for another yr but wasnt the same. He literally had to hopple into retirement. I envision same fate for Brady.

He is going to have to face pitt or Jax’s D, I hope they get some good shots in. Don’t worry about roughing the passer penalties, they will be worth it. That’s how you beat Brady, make him eat grass. He doesn’t play as well when he is scared of getting hit.

Did anyone 

Just now, Jetsplayer21 said:

I know this is the bush way to beat them, but in 2 yrs when hopefully we get our act together, Brady will be 42. Reality has to him by then. I don’t wish injury on anyone, but Brett farve was absolutely mauled by the saints in the playoffs, destroyed him. He came back for another yr but wasnt the same. He literally had to hopple into retirement. I envision same fate for Brady.

He is going to have to face pitt or Jax’s D, I hope they get some good shots in. Don’t worry about roughing the passer penalties, they will be worth it. That’s how you beat Brady, make him eat grass. He doesn’t play as well when he is scared of getting hit.

Did anyone notice how the Tenn rush continued to come from the outside, and run by Brady as he casually stepped up in the pocket. I’m curious why it wasn’t more off a pass rush through the interior of the line? 

11 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Just a cautionary tale my friend. Look its just my opinion. I would rather draft a QB along with an RB C and let them grow together. Those would be my first 3 picks in the upcoming draft if I was GM. It all really depends on what they do in FA but if I am Macc my 1st 3 picks are on Offense.

Mac better double up on security from Todd Bowles then lol

4 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Did anyone 

Did anyone notice how the Tenn rush continued to come from the outside, and run by Brady as he casually stepped up in the pocket. I’m curious why it wasn’t more off a pass rush through the interior of the line? 

The interior is usually the tougher route to qb. More protection, not much room to run. Outside guys try to get to him but ya it’s longer route. If the secondary and lbs provided better coverage they would have got to him in time more.

Please...please...please stop comparing Neil O'Donnell to Kirk Cousins.  

Again........Folks please stop comparing Neil O'Donnell to Kirk Cousins, it is EMBARRASSING!!!

Neil O'Donnell had his best years with Pittsburgh and those two years went like this..

"In the 1992 NFL season O'Donnell would throw for 2,283 passing yards, 13 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions and receive his only Pro Bowl selection of his career. The Steelers would finish 11-5 and take the AFC Central division title, but lost to the Buffalo Bills 24-3 in a division playoff game.

In 1993, he would have another "great" season throwing for a career-high 3,208 passing yards, 14 touchdowns, and 7 interceptions finishing with a 1.4 interception percentage, the second lowest in his career."

Obviously O'Donnell's very best years are not even comparable to Cousins worst years (different eras, I get it) once he became the starter, to compare the two QB is beyond ludicrous.

As I posted elsewhere....

Kirk Cousins ranks third among qualifying NFL quarterbacks in completion percentage (67.0) and sixth in passer rating (97.5) -- rivaling two-time MVP Aaron Rodgers in both categories. Over that 48-game sample size, he also ranks an impressive fifth in adjusted net yards per attempt, a discerning metric that rewards a strong touchdown-to-interception ratio and punishes sacks taken. He also has averaged 27 (TD) passes against 12 (INTs). Cousins is just the 11th quarterback in history to reach the 4,000-yard passing mark in three consecutive seasons, joining a host of current and future Hall of Famers.

Get that Hall Of Fame Numbers!!

Neil O'Donnell could only dream of those numbers and even then he should wake up and apologize.

•  

4 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Again........Folks please stop comparing Neil O'Donnell to Kirk Cousins, it is EMBARRASSING!!!

Neil O'Donnell had his best years with Pittsburgh and those two years went like this..

"In the 1992 NFL season O'Donnell would throw for 2,283 passing yards, 13 touchdowns, and 9 interceptions and receive his only Pro Bowl selection of his career. The Steelers would finish 11-5 and take the AFC Central division title, but lost to the Buffalo Bills 24-3 in a division playoff game.

In 1993, he would have another "great" season throwing for a career-high 3,208 passing yards, 14 touchdowns, and 7 interceptions finishing with a 1.4 interception percentage, the second lowest in his career."

Obviously O'Donnell's very best years are not even comparable to Cousins worst years (different eras, I get it) once he became the starter, to compare the two QB is beyond ludicrous.

Kirk Cousins ranks third among qualifying NFL quarterbacks in completion percentage (67.0) and sixth in passer rating (97.5) -- rivaling two-time MVP Aaron Rodgers in both categories. Over that 48-game sample size, he also ranks an impressive fifth in adjusted net yards per attempt, a discerning metric that rewards a strong touchdown-to-interception ratio and punishes sacks taken. He also has averaged 27 (TD) passes against 12 (INTs). Cousins is just the 11th quarterback in history to reach the 4,000-yard passing mark in three consecutive seasons, joining a host of current and future Hall of Famers.

Neil O'Donnell could only dream of those numbers and even then he should wake up and apologize.

•  

Thanks Charles I thought I had seen the FACTS somewhere

33 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Like for sure. Don’t love for lack of strengthening WR Spot.

That can be easily adjust by not resigning ASJ and changing up a few things.  That'll allow us to maybe go after one of the premiere WR's in FA along the lines of a Landry or Allen Robinson or maaaaybe Watkins.  I, personally, am completely fine with our WRs right now.  It's a good mix of speed, strength, route running, and scrappyness that I love.  And they're young.  Stewart and Hansen will really blossom with a good QB.

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

•  

The stage is set for this to happen again.. You cannot change the way Jets fans think we lived through this. 

The comparison is not about the quality of player its about the situation.. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The stage is set for this to happen again.. You cannot change the way Jets fans think we lived through this. 

The comparison is not about the quality of player its about the situation.. 

Ummmm Mark Sanchez was a 1st round draft pick and it didn't work out. 

Does that mean we shouldn't draft a QB in the first round ever again? 

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmm Mark Sanchez was a 1st round draft pick and it didn't work out. 

Does that mean we shouldn't draft a QB in the first round ever again? 

Im not talking about drafting a QB in the 1st round I'm talking about over paying for a free agent QB like we did with Neal O'Donnell 

Ok? 

31 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

•  

Different eras? Different worlds my friend. They actually played football in those days. You know when you could actually hit a QB or a WR. I'm not saying O'Donnells #'s would be as good as Cousins if he played today but I think they would be better. Build through the draft. Get some Baker Mayfield in here and surround him with young talent. and lets see what happens.

I knew that game was over last night when the Titans were down 14-7 had the ball on the Patriots 48 on a 4th and 2 and punted. You have to be aggressive to beat the Pats. Unless you think you're an even team you gotta take chances.

I'm all for Cousins btw. I don't want a project pick at QB in Josh Allen. Go get me Cousins or Bridgewater. If they take a QB at 6 not named Rosen or Darnold I think thats a big risk. I'm not in love with Mayfield or Allen. 

Very nice inspirational speech by the original poster.  I wonder if this is what a Jamal Adams pre game speech sounds like before Todd Bowles hands off into the line 3 times with a minute left in the half with 3 time outs.

Re Cousins, there is only one way the jets would get him because they will be at the bottom of the list of teams viewing for him and that is to give him ungodly term, money and guaranteed money.

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Brady is almost at the finish line, as soon as he's gone the Pats will be back to normal.

Brtady will experiment with bionic DNA replicantion and play until he’s 65.  Belicheck will coach from his recliner at home.  There’s just no stopping these guys. 

Archived