Coaching Carousel 2018

UnitedWhofans

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Sounds like Mcdaniels to the Colts may happen, taking another Giants target off the board.

I could see McDaniels being successful in the NFL but he'd prob have to go to a team that has a good QB in place.  Indy certainly fits the bill.  The Giants probably would too if he likes Darnold/Rosen. 

Just now, section314 said:

Ask you same question....why?

I think Belichick is and always has been their D-coordinator since he got there.  Patricia is another guy (like Romeo Crennel) who gets credit for the Pats' defense when it's really BB all along.  It takes a few years for the league to forget that the BB coaching tree has produced very little (if any) fruit.  Teams forget and then buy in again after a few more Patriot SBs.  But I'm thinking it'll be a slap in the face when teams realize they've been had.  Having said that, I do kinda think McDaniels has a shot to be good (just a gut feeling) but I guess we'll see.   Obviously he's living off of Tom Brady.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Belichick is and always has been their D-coordinator since he got there.  Patricia is another guy (like Romeo Crennel) who gets credit for the Pats' defense when it's really BB all along.  It takes a few years for the league to forget that the BB coaching tree has produced very little (if any) fruit.  Teams forget and then buy in again after a few more Patriot SBs.  But I'm thinking it'll be a slap in the face when teams realize they've been had.  Having said that, I do kinda think McDaniels has a shot to be good (just a gut feeling) but I guess we'll see.   Obviously he's living off of Tom Brady.

Excellent post. Hard to argue with it at all. One thought.....you could argue that Patricia has done more with less.

52 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Pat Shurmur, and Josh Rosen will be the talk of the NFL the next 10+ years book it.

This is what the Giants should do.  They should wait for him.  

If this does not work out Wilks will be there.  What is important here are the players that are picked.  Gettleman will focus on that without undue interference from the coach.

All of this applies to the Jets indirectly.  Wilks seems like another Bowles, but to me the biggest problem with Bowles is not his coaching or his assistants-it is how he apparently has affected the players that Mac has drafted.

35 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

It just shows how much of a mess that Jerry Reese left behind. This is not a comparison on the Jets, this is in general

They have a QB who is old, their OL is a mess, their one offensive playmaker is a diva, their defense massively underperformed this year

If the situation is one considered filled with a bunch of bad guys and a pretty big housecleaning is in order, you may be right. It may be unattractive, especially for a first timer. 

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is what the Giants should do.  They should wait for him.  

If this does not work out Wilks will be there.  What is important here are the players that are picked.  Gettleman will focus on that without undue interference from the coach.

All of this applies to the Jets indirectly.  Wilks seems like another Bowles, but to me the biggest problem with Bowles is not his coaching or his assistants-it is how he apparently has affected the players that Mac has drafted.

Problem with waiting for him is that other teams have openings and can get to him.

Tennessee is still fascinating 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Giants dodged a bullet with Patricia.

Have there been any Belidick disciples that have done well after leaving? I thought that Charlie Weiss would have been a slam dunk at Notre Dame, but even he crapped out. I think the guy last the longest in terms of years coached was Mangini, no?

11 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Have there been any Belidick disciples that have done well after leaving? I thought that Charlie Weiss would have been a slam dunk at Notre Dame, but even he crapped out. I think the guy last the longest in terms of years coached was Mangini, no?

The Belichick coaching tree has been all duds unless you consider O'Brien to be a good coach which I do not.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

i tend to agree except, from what i've read, patricia has been with the bellichicken for over a decade and didn't just coach defense so he should be pretty well rounded from a football knowledge aspect.  as for little joshy, the guy has a serious napoleon complex.  that's what got him canned in denver along with putting up with the cheating aspects of the patsies.

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

McDaniels to the Colts, Patricia to the Lions

Shurmur left. Tennessee is going to be interesting

Giants may not be the enticing job that people seem to think it is.

Giants job isn't a good job.  Bad team.  Bad cap.  Old QB

Archived