Debunking the Kirk Cousins/Neil O’ Donnell comparison.

Patriot Killa

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Cousins will be very expensive, which is pretty much the sole reason not to pursue him. But he is actually light years ahead of O'Donnell. The analogy is stupid.

Cool hey how many playoff games has Kirk Cousins won?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Why would you think that was about you? I’d suggest rereading Ape’s post and mine. 

I was confused. I thought you were implying my newly formed opinion left out some sort of sincerity ..but now I see you were talking about JW12. I kinda did make it more complicated than it had to be tbh. but mainly because I knew it wouldn’t be hard to just say “Different eras” so I tried to create a way I could compare them both without eras factoring into the comparison as much.. and I figured Attempts/Completion% was the best way. guys still winding up using the different era excuse. Lol

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Neil O’ Donnell was not a good passer. He was a good game manager. Kirk Cousins is an actual pure passer.

i'm not even sure he was a good game manager.  it didn't take long for parcells to show him the door.  i remember seeing odonnell on the sidelines yelling at parcells.  big mistake.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i'm not even sure he was a good game manager.  it didn't take long for parcells to show him the door.  i remember seeing odonnell on the sidelines yelling at parcells.  big mistake.

I can’t believe people on this forum were trying to compare the situations between Cousins and O’Donnell in a worrisome manner..you are basically comparing both players if you do that because you are considering Cousins can be just as bad as Neil was..lol no way in hell. But I agree..I was born in 1996. I didn’t see him play but all I had to was do some research and I could tell ya myself, O’Donnell was trash from the very beginning. Just seemed like it was the Jets being their usual self and misjudging situations/not doing enough research before signing a player. Just a really stupid and Jetsy thing to do. 

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I can’t believe people on this forum were trying to compare the situations between Cousins and O’Donnell in a worrisome manner..you are basically comparing both players if you do that because you are considering Cousins can be just as bad as Neil was..lol no way in hell. But I agree..I was born in 1996. I didn’t see him play but all I had to was do some research and I could tell ya myself, O’Donnell was trash from the very beginning. Just seemed like it was the Jets being their usual self and misjudging situations/not doing enough research before signing a player. Just a really stupid and Jetsy thing to do. 

Well I wasn't born in 1996; and I saw O'Donnell play and to compare him to Cousins is PREPOSTEROUS!!!

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Awh, someone got hurt when I compared Neil O’ Donell to Mark Sanchez.

I don't read kirk Cousins threads, sorry. I am just tired of a new one being created every other day polluting the board pining for a guy with the Jets don't need and would never come to the team even if we wanted him to.  

No OL, no TE, weak WR's, weak RB's, weak OC, what a tempting home for a veteran QB.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I don't read kirk Cousins threads, sorry. I am just tired of a new one being created every other day polluting the board pining for a guy with the Jets don't need and would never come to the team even if we wanted him to.  

No OL, no TE, weak WR's, weak RB's, weak OC, what a tempting home for a veteran QB.

SAR I

If you don’t read them why are you here?

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, because Chaz Schillens, Clyde Gates, and Stephen Hill were Jets immortals. 

SAR I

Word the best and more expensive OL in the league, multiple RBs, and probably the last great defenses in league history weren’t enough for that beast to truly succeed. 

28 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Word the best and more expensive OL in the league, multiple RBs, and probably the last great defenses in league history weren’t enough for that beast to truly succeed. 

Mark didn't play defense and they couldn't hold a lead late in a game if their lives depended on it. In fact, Mark carried the defense in the 2010 season on 5 separate occasions, not the other way around. His fourth quarter heroics in leading the Jets to 5 epic comeback's against the Texans, Lions, Broncos, Browns, and Steelers turned a forgettable 6-10 season into a memorable 11-5 campaign. 

As for the offense, Vinny Testaverde and Chad Pennington had the benefit of Hall of Fame players like Curtis Martin and Kevin Mawae as well as Ring Of Honor caliber wide receivers like Wayne Chrebet and Keyshawn Johnson.  Mark Sanchez was given a pile of retreads like Plaxico Burress, Thomas Jones, LaDainian Tomlinson, and a disgruntled Santonio Holmes along with draft busts at WR and TE.

Like a typical Jet fan still under the spell of the Jedi mind tricks of Rex Ryan, you glorify the defense, you overrate the ground game, and you scapegoat the quarterback. You think you would've learned by now. 

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark didn't play defense and they couldn't hold a lead late in a game if their lives depended on it. In fact, Mark carried the defense in the 2010 season on 5 separate occasions, not the other way around. His fourth quarter heroics in leading the Jets to 5 epic comeback's against the Texans, Lions, Broncos, Browns, and Steelers turned a forgettable 6-10 season into a memorable 11-5 campaign. 

As for the offense, Vinny Testaverde and Chad Pennington had the benefit of Hall of Fame players like Curtis Martin and Kevin Mawae as well as Ring Of Honor caliber wide receivers like Wayne Chrebet and Keyshawn Johnson.  Mark Sanchez was given a pile of retreads like Plaxico Burress, Thomas Jones, LaDainian Tomlinson, and a disgruntled Santonio Holmes along with draft busts at WR and TE.

Like a typical Jet fan still under the spell of the Jedi mind tricks of Rex Ryan, you glorify the defense, you overrate the ground game, and you scapegoat the quarterback. You think you would've learned by now. 

SAR I

Oh yeah definitely shouldn’t glorify the two units that were rated #1 compared to the passing game that wasn’t even close to a top 10 unit. Tbh tho this isn’t the thread for 2010 talk so.....

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mark didn't play defense and they couldn't hold a lead late in a game if their lives depended on it.

SAR I

True, the 54 combined TDs the Jets gave up between ‘09 (19!!!!) and ‘10 are the real culprit. The QB who turned the ball over 46(!!!!) times by himself while completing passes at like 10% below the league average in that same time span was being held back! I mean, the defense only created 64 turnovers in those two years! Woeeeee for Sanchez 

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Braylon Edwards/Holmes/Keller/Brad Smith/Cotchery/Shonn Greene/L Washington/T Jones/T Richardson/LT were formidable pieces in their time here. While I’ll agree that he wasn’t given nearly the talent in his last year he needed to not look absolutely horrendous quite often...

I’m curious as to what you would attribute his lack of success when he moved on?

9 minutes ago, TnT said:

Braylon Edwards/Holmes/Keller/Brad Smith/Cotchery/Shonn Greene/L Washington/T Jones/T Richardson/LT were formidable pieces in their time here. While I’ll agree that he wasn’t given nearly the talent in his last year he needed to not look absolutely horrendous quite often...

I’m curious as to what you would attribute his lack of success when he moved on?

His arm.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

His arm.

No brah, his low football iq, low everyday iq, inability to not stare down receivers, and lack of success in throwing the ball passed defensive lineman...then his arm.

But I am curious as to what SAR’s opinion is.

2 minutes ago, TnT said:

No brah, his low football iq, low everyday iq, inability to not stare down receivers, and lack of success in throwing the ball passed defensive lineman...then his arm.

But I am curious as to what SAR’s opinion is.

He was such a pussy. He was always looking at the pass rush. Especially after that 2011 Ravens game where he got dismantled.

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol....they aren’t similar whatsoever. Kirk can pass his way out of trouble. Neil couldn’t. That’s often the difference in come back games. I mean, the proof is written in the stats.

No the proof is in the results. 26-30-1 since 2012 with 2 playoff appearances. Both losses. Just something to ponder on.

I think what is getting lost here in the statistical comparison is the situational comparison. Its easy to compare stats but not the situation. They had just cut ties with an out of gas Boomer and The Jets were desperate for a QB as they are now. They had the money to spend as they do now. They had an inept HC and he spent 70 million in FA. Sounds familiar? All to go 1-15. Hell O'Donnell didn't even make it to the mid point of the season before an injury knocked him out for the season. Then they were stuck with the great Frank Reich. Its like deja vu all over again. The Jets need a QB. They have an inept HC and an inept GM IMO. They have a ton of cap space and they say they are going to spend. Need I go on?

So for me the situational comparison is the thing not the stats comparison.

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

No the proof is in the results. 26-30-1 since 2012 with 2 playoff appearances. Both losses. Just something to ponder on.

I think what is getting lost here in the statistical comparison is the situational comparison. Its easy to compare stats but not the situation. They had just cut ties with an out of gas Boomer and The Jets were desperate for a QB as they are now. They had the money to spend as they do now. They had an inept HC and he spent 70 million in FA. Sounds familiar? All to go 1-15. Hell O'Donnell didn't even make it to the mid point of the season before an injury knocked him out for the season. Then they were stuck with the great Frank Reich. Its like deja vu all over again. The Jets need a QB. They have an inept HC and an inept GM IMO. They have a ton of cap space and they say they are going to spend. Need I go on?

So for me the situational comparison is the thing not the stats comparison.

Again, Neil O’Donnell was never a good QB. This was never going to turn out good to begin with for them. The Jets got bamboozled by a good Steelers team hiding the inept ability of Neil

6 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

OOOOOuuuuuu the ultimate comeback. How many times has Neil thrown over 60%? I think it’s the same number. I’m not very sure though.

its the same number.?

Do the words different eras mean anything to you?  You would think Troy Aikman sucked based on your turd logic

Archived