Playoff takeaway so far: The Franchise QB era is coming to an end.

SenorGato

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You’re going to get crucified for suggesting we don’t have to give away the whole draft to get a top quarterback so we can win. 

They don't have to give anything away, just pay the man, and draft Barkley at 6.

Top 10 O

21 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Not one QB this postseason is outright the best player on their offense or team anymore. And if I’m being honest it has made for some pretty good football outside of the primetime Saturday night game that no one should have watched anyway. 

Umm, Big Ben threw for over 400 yards and five TDs. I think the loss was more on Tomlin and the defense. Jaguars were held to 10 points by the Bills. Steelers were downright stupid this game, both coaching and playing

19 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I’m not saying it’s cool to pray your QB is average or better in flashes! You still need good players, including QB! The 15 year thing THO 

According to Football Outsiders Josh McCown had a better QBR than Cousins in 2017, 17th and 19th. Cousins ranked 16th DYAR and 19th DVOA in 2017. His team didn't make it to the playoffs. You want to give him $25MM per?  

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

According to Football Outsiders Josh McCown had a better QBR than Cousins in 2017. Cousins ranked 16th DYAR and 19th DVOA in 2017. His team didn't make it to the playoffs. You want to give him $25MM per?  

Do you want to compare yardage gained and Touchdown Ratio?

47 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Not one QB this postseason is outright the best player on their offense or team anymore. And if I’m being honest it has made for some pretty good football outside of the primetime Saturday night game that no one should have watched anyway. 

Bortles keenum foles. Yep real household names 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Jacksonville and Minnesota have drafted exceptionally well. The Jets havent had a good draft since Mangini.

Jacksonville nailed one/two drafts, landed a couple of true elite talents in two of them with Ramsey and Fournette plus stole Cam Robinson. 

I have liked the Vikings’ drafting for a while. Their pass rushers picks Robinson, Hunter, Griffen, and Barr were predictably money. 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

According to Football Outsiders Josh McCown had a better QBR than Cousins in 2017, 17th and 19th. Cousins ranked 16th DYAR and 19th DVOA in 2017. His team didn't make the playoffs. You want to give him $25MM per?  

Ah the career year vs 20 players on IR argument.

If you are comparing Cousins to McCown seriously you should be smacked silly.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

According to Football Outsiders Josh McCown had a better QBR than Cousins in 2017, 17th and 19th. Cousins ranked 16th DYAR and 19th DVOA in 2017. His team didn't make it to the playoffs. You want to give him $25MM per?  

Now do 2016 and 2015! 

Just now, SenorGato said:

Jacksonville nailed one/two drafts, landed a couple of true elite talents in two of them with Ramsey and Fournette plus stole Cam Robinson. 

I have liked the Vikings’ drafting for a while. Their pass rushers picks Robinson, Hunter, Griffen, and Barr were predictably money. 

Jaksonville has been crushing drafts for 4 straight years. Bortles in 2014 is the red herring unless you look closer and at the situation, it was understandable, Caldwell has, at least, had a plan for 5 years. 

Archived