Jacksonville 3-13 in 2016, AFC Championship game in 2017

FlagmanL11

21 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Why even open the thread if you have issues with it

Because the name of the thread did not say "disgruntled fan is upset With Jets and wants to clean house" I clicked on this assuming we could have a discussion about the team or maybe he brought up some sort of interesting point that was worthy of a new thread.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Because the name of the thread did not say "disgruntled fan is upset With Jets and wants to clean house" I clicked on this assuming we could have a discussion about the team or maybe he brought up some sort of interesting point that was worthy of a new thread.

Ok but understand there are others, like myself, that prefer this in its own thread.

Its a seperate thought.

The OP makes a good point. One of hope. If the jags can have a 3 and 13 season and go to the afc playoffs the following year, so can we. It has nothing really to do with all the games that were played last weekend

13 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Ok but understand there are others, like myself, that prefer this in its own thread.

Its a seperate thought.

The OP makes a good point. One of hope. If the jags can have a 3 and 13 season and go to the afc playoffs the following year, so can we. It has nothing really to do with all the games that were played last weekend

"See what happens when a team cleans house and brings in guys who know what they are doing."

That was the original post. We just extended both HC and GM why are we talking about firing them right now? Let alone the lack of thought that went into that post. This Jaguars team has taken 5 years of drafting and multiple high spending FA periods. 3 of those years were not with this current regime and it didn't click until Coughlin got there this year. There was literally nothing to indicate that there was a "hope" like you said, he is venting because he wants the FO to turn over again in order to create hope.

I don't think it was different than the 20 other posts about fans complaining about our current FO so why not keep it to 1 thread? 

On 1/14/2018 at 10:05 PM, FlagmanL11 said:

See what happens when a team cleans house and brings in guys who know what they are doing.  

I hear you but, unless Bortles transforms this week, they still have a gaping hole at QB.  Getting to an AFC title game is great but it's not the ultimate goal.  If they lose Sunday then they still have the most difficult problem to solve heading into next year.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I hear you but, unless Bortles transforms this week, they still have a gaping hole at QB.  Getting to an AFC title game is great but it's not the ultimate goal.  If they lose Sunday then they still have the most difficult problem to solve heading into next year.

They will trade for Eli. No brainer for them. But let’s see what happens Sunday. 

Through close analysis on my behalf I've already determined that Maccagnan isn't even in Caldwell's league to date. Being 2 years behind he either needs a lot of his picks to start developing quickly AND needs to have two killer drafts with multiple impact players taken at multiple positions, at least 3 picks per next two drafts, including in those 6 picks, at least 2 all pro level. 

Per drafting:

Football Outsider rankings

run blocking

Jags 13th

Jets 29th

pass protect

Jags 5th

Jets 27th

Caldwell drafted 4 out of 5 starters, 2 in the 3rd round, 1 in the 2nd round and 1 UDFA...over 5 years

Maccagnan drafted 1 out of 5 starters in Shell and has drafted 2 total OL...over 3 years (both in the 5th round)

Rest of the Offense

In 5 years Caldwell also drafted all 5 WRs (Robinson Pro Bowler) 1 TE, both RBs (Fournette Pro Bowler) and the starting QB

In 3 years Maccagnan still has no QB, no RBs, Drafted 4 out of 5 WRs with little production minus Anderson

Defense:

In 5 years Caldwell has drafted 3 impact DL, 2 impact LBs (1 All Pro) and 1 All pro DB

In 3 years Maccagnan has draftes 1 impact pro bowl DL, 2 LBs (impact questionable) and 3 DBs (2 possible impact)

Impact FAgents 

Caldwell: 1 OT after at least trying and missing on Joekel, 2 DL, 1 LB

Maccagnan: 1 DL, 1 DB

Archived