Would you be mad?

Patriot Killa

1)  I do not like Darron Lee, did not like him before the draft, do not like him as a player now.

2) I like Roquan Smith a lot he is the type of LB I would like on this team.

3)  I would be enraged if we did this and it would be another in a long list of pure idiot moves by the team.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

1)  I do not like Darron Lee, did not like him before the draft, do not like him as a player now.

2) I like Roquan Smith a lot he is the type of LB I would like on this team.

3)  I would be enraged if we did this and it would be another in a long list of pure idiot moves by the team.

I agree with everything here. Smith is a REAL good ILB and shows an amazing skill set. I’d only do it if we traded down a few spots.

Yes.  I would be absolutely furious if they drafted an ILB at #6 overall, 2 years after drafting an ILB at #20 overall, 1 year after drafting basically a glorified ILB at #6.  Especially because all this dude does, is tackle people. 

That would literally be 4 straight 1st round draft picks for guys who tackle people and that's it.  You can find guys who can tackle people all over the draft. 

Love Smith, but yeah, I’d be pissed.

Guys like Chubb and Barkley will probably be gone at #6, but we’ll still be able to pick a blue chip OL like Nelson/McGlinchley or an edgerusher like Key (who you can argue has even more upside than Chubb).

And I’d take any of them over Smith considering where this team is right now.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Yes.  I would be absolutely furious if they drafted an ILB at #6 overall, 2 years after drafting an ILB at #20 overall, 1 year after drafting basically a glorified ILB at #6.  Especially because all this dude does, is tackle people. 

That would literally be 4 straight 1st round draft picks for guys who tackle people and that's it.  You can find guys who can tackle people all over the draft. 

Darron Lee was a huge mistake. I think they need to go ahead and realize that and fix it...I’m not saying Smith is the way to go. Just that we need to give up on that idiot sooner than later..

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Love Smith, but yeah, I’d be pissed.

Guys like Chubb and Barkley will probably be gone at #6, but we’ll still be able to pick a blue chip OL like Nelson/McGlinchley or an edgerusher like Key (who you can argue has even more upside than Chubb).

And I’d take any of them over Smith considering where this team is right now.

Blue Chip OL is my top choice if Edge Rusher is gone and we already have a QB.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

To illustrate just how angry I'd be;

I hit "submit reply" on this post in anger, shaking my head furiously at the stupidity of it all.  I navigated away from the thread, still angry.  I then found a funny gif to respond to something whacky from whofans in another thread and that usually gives me joy.  It didn't.  I was still angry. So I felt the need to come back into this thread and share just how angry the idea of this made me and I'm still angry about to hit submit again. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Darron Lee was a huge mistake. I think they need to go ahead and realize that and fix it...I’m not saying Smith is the way to go. Just that we need to give up on that idiot sooner than later..

You're making more angry with every new post.  I've never been angered by a thread more than I'm angered by this thread.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

To illustrate just how angry I'd be;

I hit "submit reply" on this post in anger, shaking my head furiously at the stupidity of it all.  I navigated away from the thread, still angry.  I then found a funny gif to respond to something whacky from whofans in another thread and that usually gives me joy.  It didn't.  I was still angry. So I felt the need to come back into this thread and share just how angry the idea of this made me and I'm still angry about to hit submit again. 

?

Just now, JiF said:

You're making more angry with every new post.  I've never been angered by a thread more than I'm angered by this thread.

You are making yourself angry JiF. I didn’t advocate Smith. I’m saying to you right now that we need to give up on Lee and find someone better. That doesn’t mean Smith. The only reason this is a thread is because he declared. Breath in and breath out. 

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

You are making yourself angry JiF. I didn’t advocate Smith. I’m saying to you right now that we need to give up on Lee and find someone better. That doesn’t mean Smith. The only reason this is a thread is because he declared. Breath in and breath out. 

Image result for angry gif

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

The Jets most definitely should not even consider any degree of "tackler" in the first few rounds of the draft, never mind #6.

On the other hand, Saints might want to give it some serious thought.

2 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The Jets most definitely should not even consider any degree of "tackler" in the first few rounds of the draft, never mind #6.

On the other hand, Saints might want to give it some serious thought.

I feel terrible for that kid.  He was playing great last night too.  Man, what a whiff.  

Still very angry about this thread though..

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

I feel terrible for that kid.  He was playing great last night too.  Man, what a whiff.  

Still very angry about this thread though..

Yeah but there are times to go for the big hit and there are times to just wrap a guy up. When you're in a situation where getting dragged and eventually - even if he needed help - bringing him down after another 5 yards downfield, seals a victory, you take the sure thing. Doubtful they could have even lined up to spike it. 

Then again, while the player should know this, with everything going on for the guys on the field the cooler-head reminder/message has to come in from the sideline to remind them of the situation: don't let him get out of bounds, and just wrap him up if he catches it and we win. There are no style points for a hard body blow. 

And hijacking this thread is a public service, so we should carry on.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Yeah but there are times to go for the big hit and there are times to just wrap a guy up. When you're in a situation where getting dragged and eventually - even if he needed help - bringing him down after another 5 yards downfield, seals a victory, you take the sure thing. Doubtful they could have even lined up to spike it. 

Then again, while the player should know this, with everything going on for the guys on the field the cooler-head reminder/message has to come in from the sideline to remind them of the situation: don't let him get out of bounds, and just wrap him up if he catches it and we win. There are no style points for a hard body blow. 

Done and done.  Worst thread ever. I'll never fully get over how mad this thread made me.

Curious about that play; did he say he was trying to land a big hit?  It almost looked like he was afraid to get a penalty so he kind of ducked away the hit.  Otherwise, how do you possibly miss that bad?

I agree though.  He's a rookie, he should have been reminded on the sideline and by every other player on the team. 

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

We really can just close it and forget it ever happened.???‍♂️

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Done and done.  Worst thread ever. I'll never fully get over how mad this thread made me.

Curious about that play; did he say he was trying to land a big hit?  It almost looked like he was afraid to get a penalty so he kind of ducked away the hit.  Otherwise, how do you possibly miss that bad?

I agree though.  He's a rookie, he should have been reminded on the sideline and by every other player on the team. 

I don't know what he said; didn't read anything about it and didn't see any interview(s) with him. 

I didn't see it on replay a dozen times (just the 1-2 they showed right after it happened) and it looked like he launched his body to deliver the blow that way. All he had to do - other than keeping him in bounds - was wrap him up. 

These kids have so much adrenaline in them at that point, there's little risked in a reminder. Especially when you've got rookies or other less-experienced players out there. 

Archived