(hypothetical scenario) If Pats would trade us Bill Belichick for our 1st round pick, would you do it?

TuscanyTile2

(hypothetical scenario) If Pats would trade us Bill Belichick for our 1st round pick, would you do it?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. (hypothetical scenario) If Pats would trade us Bill Belichick for our 1st round pick, would you do it?

• Yes
    • No

11 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Obviously this won't happen but let's say BB decided he wanted out of New England and he wanted to stick it to them by going to the Jets.  Let's say Goodell said the compensation would be our #1 pick (6th overall).  Would you do it?

Why would you even...smh.

do we get Brady too? b/c BB has been a complete failure(like all his assistants who became HCs) w/o Tom Brady. 

1st off, after what BB did to us I wouldn't take him under any circumstances, 2nd he's an under .500 coach without Tom Brady.  He's coached 7 years w/o Brady and made the playoffs ONE time, had FIVE losing records. so basically w/o Brady he's worse than Rex, Mangini, Herm, Walton, Michaels, Jim Caldwell, John Fox, Mike Mularkey, etc...

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

BB has been a complete failure(like all his assistants who became HCs)

he's worse than Rex, Mangini, Herm, Walton, Michaels, Jim Caldwell, John Fox, Mike Mularkey, etc...

Vintage.

Thoughts on Eli, Peyton? Good QBs? Or just carried by their all world coaches Tony Dungy and Tom Coughlin; both of whom>BB, yea? 

Also, how good was the Sanchize!? Amirite? Carrying those awful defenses and running games to two straight conference championship appearances!

First, aside from just being a silly exercise, the fact is that 1 first round pick would NEVER be the compensation set by the commish for the man widely regarded as the greatest coach ever. Second, do we get a time machine too? Because Billy B is pretty long in the tooth. And let's not forget Bledsoe was a pretty good QB, and Billy B didn't win with him. He has only won with Brady.

Regardless, I say no. I've waited a long, long time, and I want my team to win with ITS coach and ITS QB, not some re-treads from another franchise. I want guys who are JETS. Not a guy who finishes a glorious career he had on another team as a Jet.

So, Goddammit just give the freaking GM and Coaches some breathing room to get this thing done the right way. Billy B was a failure until he landed on a team with a load of talent on D and a future HOF QB who started his career as a game manager... and now they are both legends in their own time. We deserve our own legends. I don't want someone else's. Winning organizations are created from within, not from bringing in outsiders.

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Vintage.

Thoughts on Eli, Peyton? Good QBs? Or just carried by their all world coaches Tony Dungy and Tom Coughlin; both of whom>BB, yea? 

Also, how good was the Sanchize!? Amirite? Carrying those awful defenses and running games to two straight conference championship appearances!

sorry you don't like facts.  You can spin all you want but 7+ seasons w/o Brady and he had 5 losing seasons w/ just 1 playoff season. 

In NE he was 5-11 in 200- then started 0-2 in 2001.  Brady becomes starter and they finish 11-3 en route to the SB.

They win SBs in 2001, 2003, 2004

make playoffs all but 1 year

go undefeated in 2007

2008 Brady goes down week 1 and they miss the playoffs

2009 Brady is back and they win the div again and have won it every year since.

It's just an amazing coincidence he became the greatest coach of all time w/ Brady and has been a complete failure w/o him.

6 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Belicheat hates the Jets so much that he would never work for them -- even if the Marras purchased them.

Things that would happen before Belichick coaching the jets again:

—the Earth colliding with the sun

—Howard Stern giving Artie Lange his old job back

—the Knicks winning a championship 

Archived