Beningo vs Mehta. Wow

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Regardless of who I agree with (they both have legitimate points), Benigno came off as a rude ass hole. You have to let a guest articulate their point, it makes for good radio. 

Agreed. I don't like Manish, and I even sort of agree with Beningo here. But Joe was extremely rude.

Manish probably spent his entire childhood getting stuff into lockers by the jocks in school and now that he has a pen and a news outlet, he's seeking revenge on anyone who reminds him of those childhood bullies (Marrone, Mo Wilk, Revis, etc).

The irony is that he's become a bully with a pen, and he's wielding his power against people he doesn't like.

Good on Joe for stuffing him into a locker one last time.

6 minutes ago, tkiss24 said:

I got no problem with what beningo did. In fact I’m proud. He took a guy who railroaded Marrone when he was thought to be likely the head coach of this team. He has proven to be a tabloid journalist and I’m so glad joe put him in his place

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Mehta can’t even admit he’s wrong and makes up stuff to make it sound like he was still right like saying he has an anonymous source in the Jags building who knows Marrone totally changed

And to top it off Mehta singing the party line acting like Bowles just won the Super Bowl because he went 5-11 

This entire situation should make every jet fan miserable.

A qualified coach, who wanted to be here and who would have been a great hire gets dragged through the mud by a journalist who has no football acumen, and simply publishes tabloid fodder from "locker room sources" (sheldon richardson) that he was given access to because the former coach ran a circus with no discipline anywhere.

Instead of sticking with his gut, and giving no validity whatsoever to the BS that Manish was writing, our weak-minded owner caved because press is more important to him then actually doing the right thing, eliminated Marrone from the conversation and hired someone who 3 years later looks over-matched in every conceivable measure of being a HC while the guy he got bullied into passing on, is in the AFC Championship game - with a disciplined, tough team.

The takeaway shouldnt just be that Manish is a complete buffoon, with no ability to write an intelligent football article, but that our owner actually LISTENED to the narrative he spun, and make a major strategic decision for his company based on it.  

I’m not a Mehta fan by any means and I’m not a Bowles fan but I have to be fair. I thought Mehta was clearly right in this argument. In my opinion Benigno came off as a diehard Jets fan who lives completely in the moment and because of the frustrations he’s dealt with over the years can’t look at something fair.

1. I’m sure Bowles would have kicked the FG against the Steelers. But guess what, he would probably be right to do so because his team stinks. Maybe if Bowles had a good team he would have went for it. We simply don’t know. It’s not fair to judge what Marrone does with the 2017 Jags compared to what Bowles would do with the 2017 Jets when we know the talent is lopsided in the Jags favor.

2. Marrone won 10 games in a very weak AFC South. If you can’t put up 12 wins in the AFC East you aren’t even thinking about the division. Now it doesn’t matter, the divisions are the divisions but lets not put Marrone in Canton already because he went 10-6 in year 1. Rex had back to back AFC Title games to start his career and look at him now. He won’t give up on blaming Bowles for the final game of the 2015 season when his QB, who played well for him all season long, threw an awful INT when the team had a chance to take the lead. He locked in on Decker who was never open and had he scanned the field would have found Chris Ivory wide open slipping out of the backfield. Bowles deserves some blame, but to give him all the blame is a joke. The players play.

3. Benigno just sits there and complains “give me this, give me that” without any reasonable answer for how to accomplish what he wants. Basically “I don’t know, but just give it to me”. I’d love to have a franchise QB as much as the next guy, but give me the guy the Jets blew it on? Whose the guy Macc passed on that we are kicking ourselves over? I can’t think of someone. So it’s not fair IMO to play madden football and concoct trades that we don’t even know are possible. One of Benigno’s lines towards the end was something along the lines of “What I would do if I was the Jets is trade up for the number 1 pick in the draft”. You don’t even know if the pick is available to acquire. But typical Joe B “I don’t care, just get it”. Illogical.

ONe thing JOe said that he admitted he was wrong about wanting the Jets to sign Muhammad Wilkerson. 

That at least he admitted he was dead wrong about that.

And also he had the low expectations too. So he contributed to Todd Bowles being perceived as having done a good job this year.

It;s partly his own doing.

44 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I hate Manish Mehta but this was just 3 idiots going at it. Manish should never have compared 2017 Jags to 2015 Jets those teams could not have been further apart. 

yea should of compared them to the 2017 Jets.

Both are idiots in their own way.
Mehta is a journalist looking for headlines and clicks
Beningo is a grumpy old man who is too wallowed in misery to see the full picture.
Each is damaging in their own way
Remember that's part of what made him popular on the graveyard shift compared to Yankees/Giants Mike. Basically talking to another real fan. I probably heard that show here and there for a few years.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Just listened....Benigo sounded like a fool and made Mehta sound like a rational, intelligent, thoughtful reporter and person.

Beningo accomplished the exact opposite of what he was trying to do.

Idiots usually are expert at doing things like this.

Another problem with Benigno is that if you dare question him on something regarding the Jets he brings up how long he's been a fan of the team. That has zero relevance whatsoever unless you're talking about history and trivia.

Joe B watching the Jets since their inception doesn't make him right on an issue regarding this current regime. He tries to throw that on the table to shut people up.

Just now, ScarletKnight89 said:

Another problem with Benigno is that if you dare question him on something regarding the Jets he brings up how long he's been a fan of the team. That has zero relevance whatsoever unless you're talking about history and trivia.

Joe B watching the Jets since their inception doesn't make him right on an issue regarding this current regime. He tries to throw that on the table to shut people up.

Yes, that is very annoying..  And he uses that same point to continually bash the team.  As a fan I don't need to bash the team or hear the team being bashed all the time.  

While I would MUCH rather have Boyish taken to task by someone with his same condescending, arrogant, smarter than thou style while remaining completely composed...I don’t see Boyish putting himself in that type of predicament. It would have to be someone who has “sources” and day to day knowledge like him. Hate to say it, but someone like Dick Cimini would have a chance to make him look like a complete ass.

From an outsiders perspective, without knowing that Boyish has been trolling the fan base since day 60, truly hates this org, would much rather report negative sh#t, and use his position to stir up sh#t...Joe just looks like an unprofessional bully. And we know how today’s society reacts to any hint of bullying.

Lol, like the MMA...styles make the fight. Joe doesn’t have the style to obliterate Boyish. But this is somewhat enjoyable.

3 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Good for joe.  Sounded like one of us 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

I heard the whole thing. It was embarrassing to listen to. Benigno is nothing but an uneducated boob. Every question he asked he would jump on Mehta 10 words into his response. It was a new low, even for a jacka** like Benigno. 

it was this message board on radio

Archived