Beningo vs Mehta. Wow

JOJOTOWNSELL

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mehta is a douche for not admitting that: (1) he campaigned against Marrone; and (2) he was wrong to campaign against Marrone.

Benigno is a douche for (1) being rude and belligerent; and (2) blaming the Jets' lousy season entirely on Bowles.

But overall, I am glad to hear Mehta take some crap.  He deserves it.  And by the way, since when has being a control freak been a bad characteristic for a head coach?

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

This entire situation should make every jet fan miserable.

A qualified coach, who wanted to be here and who would have been a great hire gets dragged through the mud by a journalist who has no football acumen, and simply publishes tabloid fodder from "locker room sources" (sheldon richardson) that he was given access to because the former coach ran a circus with no discipline anywhere.

Instead of sticking with his gut, and giving no validity whatsoever to the BS that Manish was writing, our weak-minded owner caved because press is more important to him then actually doing the right thing, eliminated Marrone from the conversation and hired someone who 3 years later looks over-matched in every conceivable measure of being a HC while the guy he got bullied into passing on, is in the AFC Championship game - with a disciplined, tough team.

The takeaway shouldnt just be that Manish is a complete buffoon, with no ability to write an intelligent football article, but that our owner actually LISTENED to the narrative he spun, and make a major strategic decision for his company based on it.  

This is exactly it.  Whether Mehta was right or not in his reporting is irrelevant, what the real concern should be about is whether or not Woody was influenced by that article.  Now, it's only speculation that Marrone wasn't hired b/c of this but if you take a step back and want to be fair about it, the whole way Marrone left Buffalo was a red flag and maybe after Woody and his people did some digging they realized on their own he wasn't worth the risk.  Either way that's the story more so than Manish and he's desperate reporting.

maneesh is still a moron.  no comment on beningo except he is a jets fan.  maneesh was trying to use the argument that bowles had nothing to work with when he became coach.  okay but that was 3 seasons ago and whatever they've been trying to do for the past 3 seasons has got to start paying dividends.

chuck noll took over the steelers in 69 and got them in the playoffs in 1972.  shula took over the doltfins in 1970 and got them in his first season. not saying that the jets situation is comparable but we need to see a huge improvement this season.  and maneesh can qualify what constitutes a successful season all he wants.  the really good teams and coaches can handle the starting qb going down and still win.

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

New York Sports Talk, Worst Sports Talk. 

It's amazing you guys don't realize exactly how horrible your home town sports media is by this point.

sometimes, you really really annoy me. This is NY. THE BEST. go eat a gross cheesesteak or something

5 hours ago, sourceworx said:

Agreed. I don't like Manish, and I even sort of agree with Beningo here. But Joe was extremely rude.

what else would you expect from someone who went to the farce known as "Connecticut School of Broadcasting"? 

Joe is absolutely right about this franchise accepting mediocrity and what's worse, that mindset has now spread to so many fans. In 2013, the Jets won their last game of the season, going 8-8 for the year. The team then celebrated right after when they found out Rex was coming back. Francesa lambasted the organization for celebrating an 8-8 season and, you know what? So did the fans.

But where are we now, 4 years later? We're celebrating our 2nd straight 5-11 season.

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

sometimes, you really really annoy me. This is NY. THE BEST. go eat a gross cheesesteak or something

I've been in a hell of alot of cities in the world.  

New York was the best at exactly one thing.....NY Style Pizza.

NY isn't the best, but it's definitely amongst the very worst at sports media.  NY'er seem to confuse volume and quantity for quality.

I'll always hold New York in a special place in my heart, having grown up on LI.

But I won't lie either, apart from Jets games being on free local TV, I'm REALLY glad I don't live up there.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I've been in a hell of alot of cities in the world.

Seattle, cancun, london and nashville do t count

New York was the best at exactly one thing.....NY Style Pizza.

Thats a stereotype

NY isn't the best, but it's definitely amongst the very worst at sports media.  NY'er seem to confuse volume and quantity for quality.

Yes, poor quality restaurants, hotels, concerts, attractions, music scene, shows. Did i miss something? 

I'll always hold New York in a special place in my heart, having grown up on LI.

Then act that way

But I won't lie either, apart from Jets games being on free local TV, I'm REALLY glad I don't live up there

Ummmm. I think you wohld rather be making 10x your salary and living in the lower east side catching great bamds and eating killer indian. Just a humch mate, i could be wrong

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

It's amazing you guys don't realize exactly how horrible your home town sports media is by this point.

Yet Joe and Evan are by far the best local show now that Francesa is off the air.  Joe is a real jets fan who calls it like he sees it 

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

This whole thing is dumb. 

Unless someone can provide a link to facts, i SO DOUBT mr johnson didnt hire a coach based on a menish article. 

Beningo carrying on  about that just fed  the guys ego...... 

Problem is Woody is so dumb I could see him paying attention to Mehta even if it’s just an article he read

4 hours ago, stoicsentry said:

Joe is absolutely right about this franchise accepting mediocrity and what's worse, that mindset has now spread to so many fans. In 2013, the Jets won their last game of the season, going 8-8 for the year. The team then celebrated right after when they found out Rex was coming back. Francesa lambasted the organization for celebrating an 8-8 season and, you know what? So did the fans.

But where are we now, 4 years later? We're celebrating our 2nd straight 5-11 season.

This is the most troubling thing is the Johnson’s really don’t seem to care anymore and even the fans are buying into this line of bs that the jets need another 12 offseasons to rebuild because of Rex

Standards of professionalism get thrown out the minute you schedule air time for Mehta. He lowers the bar routinely. He’s just getting a taste of his own medicine here... also, the minute he begins pursuing his intellectually dishonest debate tactics he earns every bit of being lit up by Beningo. Dumb as all of it is.

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of Nationals fans complaining about having to endure a whole ten years of torture after heartlessly stealing the Expos from the proud city of Montreal.

Benigno may be clownish now , but when he first hit the overnights in the Kotite years he was fantastic. I was in my mid 20s and my dad moved in with me before he passed , we had some last hour bonding in 96 listening to Joes epic Kotite rants ....he's a good dude too, I met him once with my wife while we were out at a restaurant, he was at the bar with his wife , while we were waiting for a table I introduced myself and told him that story , he sent drinks over to our table . Oh and Manish can F off, all the way off, and keep F'ing off. 

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Ummmm. I think you wohld rather be making 10x your salary and living in the lower east side catching great bamds and eating killer indian. Just a humch mate, i could be wrong

I do just fine in the Capital of the free world, I prefer my indian food IN india, and be assured, I never miss a killer bamd, even on a humch.

27 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of Nationals fans complaining about having to endure a whole ten years of torture after heartlessly stealing the Expos from the proud city of Montreal.

I'll be sure to worry about that, the moment Twins and Rangers fans start feeling bad about stealing the Senators.

Lol, I wasn't sure if anyone could make Mehta look reasonable, but Joe managed it.  

Manish pushes his own agenda, gets people riled up, and probably hates the Jets.  I'm not sure there is another reporter out there that I like less than him.  However, Joe just played right into it by going on a tirade that doesn't make sense.  If you want to argue Bowles, you talk about the lack of progression, how besides Leo, there weren't many guys that seemed to actually improve.  We saw Wilk, Sheldon, Revis, Fitz, Marshall, and countless others regress.  Instead Joe arguing about the record just comes off as idiotic, because he's just being loud and repeating the same idea.

I agree with his idea, Marrone was probably a better choice than Bowles, and I hate Bowles as a head coach.  However, you can just yell that a bunch of times, then act all mighty as if you won the "argument" citing your memory about the 1972 Jets.  I like Joe because he's passionate and loves the Jets (which was kinda rare), but he's not the brightest bulb.  He chases the in the moment with headlines, and doesn't get off his "How many times I have seen this team suck" idea.  

In summary, they both suck. 

5 hours ago, win4ever said:

Lol, I wasn't sure if anyone could make Mehta look reasonable, but Joe managed it.  

Manish pushes his own agenda, gets people riled up, and probably hates the Jets.  I'm not sure there is another reporter out there that I like less than him.  However, Joe just played right into it by going on a tirade that doesn't make sense.  If you want to argue Bowles, you talk about the lack of progression, how besides Leo, there weren't many guys that seemed to actually improve.  We saw Wilk, Sheldon, Revis, Fitz, Marshall, and countless others regress.  Instead Joe arguing about the record just comes off as idiotic, because he's just being loud and repeating the same idea.

I agree with his idea, Marrone was probably a better choice than Bowles, and I hate Bowles as a head coach.  However, you can just yell that a bunch of times, then act all mighty as if you won the "argument" citing your memory about the 1972 Jets.  I like Joe because he's passionate and loves the Jets (which was kinda rare), but he's not the brightest bulb.  He chases the in the moment with headlines, and doesn't get off his "How many times I have seen this team suck" idea.  

In summary, they both suck. 

I just hate how Evan tries to give him this reputation as "The Godfather" of Jets fan. That man does not represent or speak for me. I love his passion for the team and respect his knowledge and he's a good listen at times but he's totally irrational most of the time.

He just can't look at anything fairly. He likes to go back in time and take his anger and frustration over Rich Kotite out on guys like Todd Bowles and Macc. It's just completely irrational. He never has any solutions, just anger. "Get me this, get me that" and if the team does it and it doesn't work he'll just bash them for doing it and scream about getting the next thing. I get it to an extent because he's a fan like the rest of us and we're all prone to overreactions but I just can't stand his rhetoric at times.

Archived