BREAKING NEWS!! JETS STH PRICE REDUCTION & 2019 FREEZE

Gas2No99

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also if Renewed by 3/1/18 THEN you get the freeze for 2019.

Jets also allowing upgrade to 100 level at NO PSL cost.

This means they KNOW more STH will jump ship and resale value will be EVEN LOWER in 2018 than it was in 2017!?!?!? :o

Jets reducing ticket prices on average 11 percent for 2018

The average ticket price for a Jets game is going down.

And for some, the lower price could be available for the 2019 season, too.

More than half of MetLife Stadium's ticket prices will decrease, with the rest of the building remaining flat. No prices will increase for 2018, when the Jets have the Packers, Vikings and Broncos among visiting teams. For fans who meet the renewal deadline of March 1 and enroll in an automatic payment plan, the team will give a price freeze for 2019, when the Steelers, Cowboys and Giants will be visitors for the Jets.

On average, the price of attending a Jets game will decrease 11 percent.

"More than half the building will have prices go down, the rest will stay flat," Jets President Neil Glat said Tuesday. "No prices will be up.

"Since the building opened in 2010, every year we look at what is going on around league, the prices in New York, and in the secondary market. We have had some price decreases in the past. This is the largest since the building has opened in terms of average price."

Most of the decreases will be in seats upstairs and in the non-club mezzanines.

About two-thirds of seats at MetLife Stadium for Jets games are attached to personal seat licenses. For PSL holders, the team has added more benefits such as exclusive events, including breakfast on game day, and tickets to other events in the New York area ranging from the NFL Experience in Times Square to Mets games to concerts. The team also offers discounts off Jets events such as Jets House, a fan event in New York City.

As part of their Jets Rewards program the team makes dollars, dubbed Jets Cash, available for people on their personal accounts to spend on food, beverage and merchandise at the stadium. For ticket holders who are not getting a price cut and renew by March 1, the team will provide from $100 to $250 per seat in Jets Cash funds. For those who did have a price reduction, between $20 and $40 per seat will be given in Jets Cash.

The Jets also will offer more seats that don't require PSLs. When the stadium opened, only upper level seats didn't require PSLs. This year, Glat said, in some mezzanine sections "fans will have the ability to buy at the new price without a PSL. They can get in as a season ticket holder, but they would not have the benefits of a season ticket holder with a PSL."

Link 

So does this mean they have given up trying to win. 

@SAR I

Image result for sonar gifs

So other MEZZ seats will still be PSL's?   What about lowering parking fees. 

The Jets also will offer more seats that don't require PSLs. When the stadium opened, only upper level seats didn't require PSLs. This year, Glat said, in some mezzanine sections "fans will have the ability to buy at the new price without a PSL. They can get in as a season ticket holder, but they would not have the benefits of a season ticket holder with a PSL."

Meh.  It’s a sad but realistic representation of the current state of our Jets.  Kudos to the Jets for recognizing the situation.  My one complaint is the apparent devaluation (complete removal of valuation) of the Mezzanine PSL.  I think I paid $8K for two PSLs when the stadium opened.  I’m not going to move down to the Lower Level because I think my seats have a great view.  In fact, I just used this as an opportunity to move to a better location within my section (246A) right near the corner.  Going from Row 9 to Row 6 on the aisle.....and I like the $95 ticket price.  All in all, I’ll take the $700 in savings on ticket prices, get a better seat location....and pray we have something to cheer for in the next couple of years.

Go Jets?

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

This can't reflect well on Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles. 

Lol.  I’m not sure what this means.  Maybe it means the Jets extended them for cheap and their low value contracts mean the Jets don’t need as much money to pay them.

I might also interpret these season ticket price changes as confirmation we should be running a 4-3 defense rather than 3-4.  I mean, it’s clear that’s what this is telling us.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Lol.  I’m not sure what this means.  Maybe it means the Jets extended them for cheap and their low value contracts mean the Jets don’t need as much money to pay them.

I might also interpret these season ticket price changes as confirmation we should be running a 4-3 defense rather than 3-4.  I mean, it’s clear that’s what this is telling us.

Interpret it as: the product Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles inherited was worth $100 when they started the job and it's now worth $89. 

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Interpret it as: the product Mike Maccagnan and Todd Bowles inherited was worth $100 when they started the job and it's now worth $89. 

That's a little too linear. More likely the decrease is to try and get fans out of their comfy houses and hi def TVs to come out to the Meadowlands on a cold afternoon

Just learned that my seats (mezz endzone) are going from $130 a game to $95 a game, which is awesome.

What's more, is that new buyers in these sections do NOT need to buy a PSL.  

My question for those who are also involved in this PSL scam is - should I quit making my PSL payments? What is the benefit of continuing?  I suppose, in theory, if the Jets got really good over the next 10 years, someone could come into my seats via a PSL and the Jets could punt us out (we have 6 tickets), but how likely is that?

all Mezz A has been reduced from $130 to $95.  So, someone with 4 of them, like @SAR I, season ticke invoice will be reduced by $1,400.  Not too shabby.  Good value there.  I began my new stadium odyssey in Mezz A corners but got out after one season because the $120 price (then) was too much for those crappy sight lines.  At $95, it's now finally a good value. 

Jets must have looked at resale prices carefully.  Mezz corners and Mezz endzones rarely if ever lived up to the face value on those tickets and the sight lines aren't very good anyway.  In fact, I tracked my old corner section (245A) and they averaged out at a much lower percentage of face than anything in the lower bowl.  They are now priced reasonably.  Congrats to Mezz A & B ticket owners.

Of course Lower sidelines have not been reduced.  But they did say they are putting $100 concession credit on each of my three tickets. (Appx value of $10 per ticket per game, including preseason).    

19 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Just learned that my seats (mezz endzone) are going from $130 a game to $95 a game, which is awesome.

What's more, is that new buyers in these sections do NOT need to buy a PSL.  

My question for those who are also involved in this PSL scam is - should I quit making my PSL payments? What is the benefit of continuing?  I suppose, in theory, if the Jets got really good over the next 10 years, someone could come into my seats via a PSL and the Jets could punt us out (we have 6 tickets), but how likely is that?

Sucks for STH like you that paid or are still paying for the PSL's, newcomers get to walk in sit next to you without having to pay the PSL fees and the Jets excuse is they wont qualify for special rewards. What are the rewards?  

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Sucks for STH like you that paid or are still paying for the PSL's, newcomers get to walk in sit next to you without having to pay the PSL fees and the Jets excuse is they wont qualify for special rewards. What are the rewards?  

the only one I know is that when you die, your season tickets/PSL transfer to your heirs.  Not so in a nonPSL section.

Big fukkin' deal.  I wouldn't saddle my heirs with the burden of being a Jets season ticket holder anyway.  What an awful thing to do.  

9 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

SAR I is gunna be pissed he has to sit with the plebs.  I think we should buy him a bear hat and fake mullet.

He's quitting the NY Jets posted that he's jumping on the Giants bandwagon and buying PSL's for the NY Giants....said he would look better in blue. 

And the Jets kick in the crotch to him is now he won't be able to sell those PSL's so like many of us FORMER STH we got screwed its his turn. 

INVESTMENT GOLD

Image result for ny jets tissues pics

@SAR I

5 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

SAR I is gunna be pissed he has to sit with the plebs.  I think we should buy him a bear hat and fake mullet.

The whole Mezz A & Mezz B thing now is a complete clusterfck.  Some of Mezz will be PSL and some will not, including the seats immediately next to you.  They just should have refunded all Mezz A PSLs.  Period.  But doing so would allow waaay too many people to bail out completely, so instead you get the $350 per year reduction in price per seat.  With a $4,000 PSL, and a price reduction of $350 per seat, per year (from the old $130/seat), it will take 12 years for Mezz A owners to recoup their PSL fee.  But at least they are eventually getting it back.  

19 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

He's quitting the NY Jets posted that he's jumping on the Giants bandwagon and buying PSL's for the NY Giants....said he would look better in blue. 

And the Jets kick in the crotch to him is now he won't be able to sell those PSL's so like many of us FORMER STH we got screwed its his turn. 

INVESTMENT GOLD

Image result for ny jets tissues pics

@SAR I

I missed this. I heard there was a thread that Sar became a Giants fan or something like that. Definitely missed it though.

Archived