BREAKING NEWS!! JETS STH PRICE REDUCTION & 2019 FREEZE

Gas2No99

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No I'm actually not.  It sucks. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. 

I dont feel any compassion for those that laughed and ridiculed the season ticket holders from Giants Stadium who got screwed out of seats they had for a longtime. 

Now they know how it feels. 

I only know one person who did that.  I recall nobody else here or at other Jets message boards ridiculing STHs that were displaced.  Only one.  Stop attributing his comments and actions to others please. 

57 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

My 1st Row 40 yard line Mezz seats sight lines are probably the best in the building it’s like watching the game from all 22 camera, but live.

nobody is talking about Mezz sidelines Club Seats.  This is about Mezz endzone and corners (which are technically end zone seats too).  I like the Mezz clubs along the sidelines.  Still pushed way farther back than Mezz sidelines at Giants Stadium, but still good seating.  

58 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not talking about sidelines Mezz (Clubs).  Talking about Mezz A and B (endzone and corners) where I sat for a couple of seasons.  To each his own.  245A at MetLife was no better than upper corners at Giants Stadium.  Was nothing like Giants' Stadium Mezz corners, which made you feel like you were right on top of the action.  245A felt like it was all the way out to the garden State Parkway. 

Opinions vary and are subjective to individual tastes.

I think the view is perfectly fine:

IMG_1982.JPG

The Mezz A were always one of the better values and THE ONLY sections that didn't have the initial price drops to PROPERLY reflect the market b/t 2010-2012. So, if you are a Jets fan that attends games primarily for personal enjoyment (reselling $ amount is secondary, then you chose wisely as a Mezz A STH.)

I paid off my 3 PSLs by year 3 and allocated that as a depreciation expense over a simple 10 year period (just completed year 8 in Metlife). Between personally enjoying the games, reselling for some profit, itemize the losses when applicable, 3 free round-trip flights to FLA, Jamaica, and the Bahamas for "sitting in 245A" in addition to NOW getting a SWEET per ticket price reduction. The stadium has depreciated, the NFL product LIVE is not in high demand. 

The Mezz A have been AN AMAZING value when compared to the rest of the stadium seating. I got to choose the pick of the litter when I signed up, you can't do that now. There will be no 1st rows available (for example). Of course the Jets can't charge what they did before, but I don't feel hosed considering that money was spent 8 years ago and the joy derived has substantiated that initial purchase.

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I only know one person who did that.  I recall nobody else here or at other Jets message boards ridiculing STHs that were displaced.  Only one.  Stop attributing his comments and actions to others please. 

Just because you only know of one person means nothing there were others. Its irrelevant now it doesn't matter.  

Bottom line the NY Jets are still screwing season tickets holders today. (PSL owners) 

Non-PSL Seat Holders

Experience the excitement of a Jets game live at MetLife Stadium. Join the Jets Nation family and get your Non-PSL Season Tickets today!

Benefits of a Non-PSL Season Ticket Holder:

• No PSL fee
  • Savings off of individual game ticket price
  • Same great seat(s) for all 10 home games
  • First right of refusal for your same seats for all Jets home playoff games
  • Be a part of the Jets Rewards Loyalty Program, exclusive for Season Ticket Holders
  • Meet & greets with Jets Alumni before every home game
  • Personalized service from Jets Season Ticket Account Executives
  • View Seating Chart

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Opinions vary and are subjective to individual tastes.

I think the view is perfectly fine:

IMG_1982.JPG

The Mezz A were always one of the better values and THE ONLY sections that didn't have the initial price drops to PROPERLY reflect the market b/t 2010-2012. So, if you are a Jets fan that attends games primarily for personal enjoyment (reselling $ amount is secondary, then you chose wisely as a Mezz A STH.)

I paid off my 3 PSLs by year 3 and allocated that as a depreciation expense over a simple 10 year period. Between personally enjoying the games, reselling for some profit, itemize the losses when applicable, 3 free round-trip flights to FLA, Jamaica, and the Bahamas for "sitting in 245A" in addition to NOW getting a SWEET per ticket price reduction. 

The Mezz A have been AN AMAZING value when compared to the rest of the stadium seating. 

That is exactly where my seats in 245A were only I was on the aisle.  Not too bad, but not what I expected.  Too far away from the field.  At Giants stadium, I could still read the numbers on the jerseys beyond the 50 from Mezz corners.  Before my sales rep left the Jets for the Nets (Brooklyn move), he confirmed that the distance from the field in 245A was actually more than the distance from the fireld of the first 7 rows of Giants Stadium UPPER corner (not Mezz corner).  Wow.  

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Just because you only know of one person means nothing there were others. Its irrelevant now it doesn't matter.  

Bottom line the NY Jets are still screwing season tickets holders today. (PSL owners) 

well only one of them stood out I guess.  But you really exaggerate don't you  You act as if it were commonplace for new sth's to ridicule old sth's.  Not so..  Not even close JW

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

well only one of them stood out I guess.  But you really exaggerate don't you  You act as if it were commonplace for new sth's to ridicule old sth's.  Not so..  Not even close JW

WE BOTH GOT SCREWED wouldn't you agree. Former longtime season tickets holders and now PSL owners. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

That is exactly where my seats in 245A were only I was on the aisle.  Not too bad, but not what I expected.  Too far away from the field.  At Giants stadium, I could still read the numbers on the jerseys beyond the 50 from Mezz corners.  Before my sales rep left the Jets for the Nets (Brooklyn move), he confirmed that the distance from the field in 245A was actually more than the distance from the fireld of the first 7 rows of Giants Stadium UPPER corner (not Mezz corner).  Wow.  

I know. Row 8. Ken and Stewart (neighbors) took your seats and I love that section b/c it's always the same core group of AT LEAST 10 accounts/"families" who really like each other, a screen behind and in front of you, quick access to the escalator and no-wait bathroom. we also have our section mascot "#88 Toon" riling the crowd up.

It's subjective. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

WE BOTH GOT SCREWED wouldn't you agree. 

No.  I didn't get screwed out of anything.  After a year of sitting in Mezz A 245A, I moved from Mezz A down to lower sidelines. Now if the Jets sell the seats in my section as a season-long seasons ticket with playoff rights without requiring any PSL, then I would say I was screwed.  Just like those unfortunate guys and gals presently in Mezz A & B are being screwed.  They deserve their PSLs refunded because of this.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Now if the Jets sell the seats in my section as a season-long seasons ticket with playoff rights without requiring any PSL, then I would say I was screwed. 

Talk to a ticket rep I have, you can get any unsold seat in the stadium that is in a PSL zone seat without buying the PSL. 

To me this is screwing those who paid the PSL fees. 

1 minute ago, Gas2No99 said:

I know. Row 8. Ken and Stewart (neighbors) took your seats and I love that section b/c it's always the same core group of AT LEAST 10 accounts/"families" who really like each other, a screen behind and in front of you, quick access to the escalator and no-wait bathroom. we also have our section mascot "#88 Toon" riling the crowd up.

It's subjective. 

Right.  I had 4 off the aisle in both rows 8 and 9 (me and my neighbor).  No doubt there are lots of positives there.  I just need to be closer to the action.  Personal choice.  If I had a picture of the view from the Giants stadium Mezz corner (same row), I would post it.  And it would be a jaw-dropping difference in the feeling of proximity.

When the Jets hold free events at MetLife, such as scrimmages or practices, without assigned seating, where do you choose to sit?  People go running for sidelines.  Nobody goes running up to the Mezz corners unless they have to.  But people will settle into lowers or Mezz between the 20's won't they?  No comparison.  But the PSL cost is 250% - 500% more.  So it's a personal cost/value decision.  

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Right.  I had 4 off the aisle in both rows 8 and 9 (me and my neighbor).  No doubt there are lots of positives there.  I just need to be closer to the action.  Personal choice.  If I had a picture of the view from the Giants stadium Mezz corner (same row), I would post it.  And it would be a jaw-dropping difference in the feeling of proximity.

When the Jets hold free events at MetLife, such as scrimmages or practices, without assigned seating, where do you choose to sit?  People go running for sidelines.  Nobody goes running up to the Mezz corners unless they have to.  But people will settle into lowers or Mezz between the 20's won't they?  No comparison.  But the PSL cost is 250% - 500% more.  So it's a personal cost/value decision.  

once again, subjective.

I waited since 1996 to be a STH and FINALLY got my chance in '09 when everyone jumped ship. 

I sat in 225 Mezz Row 4 for that year and it was fine. I actually prefer the Metlife Mezz b/c it gives you a better overall picture of the field and you (my preference) can see the plays develop accordingly. When 2010 came, the PSL cleaned out the old guard and allowed ME to purchase seats at MY PREFERENCE at MY Price point; Giants fans didn't have that luxury. I went for value w/the Mezz corners and have been in one of the more stable STH sections in the ENTIRE stadium w/Little turnover over the past 8 years. I don't go to Jets events in NJ, let alone practices, since I live on the UWS in Manhattan.

I'm perfectly happy with 245A and the don't feel screwed by the Jets for charging less today for what I've been enjoying the past 8 years with a net $30 price drop which I see as an actual PSL rebate since my "game day ticket losses" were beneficial for me in a tax sense or I sold for profit. Win-Win, except for ON the field. :lol:

Solution credit all PSL holders the fees they've already paid towards future season tickets and do away with the PSL's. 

No giving money back to anyone, either you take the credit towards future tickets or you lose it.

Fill the stadium back up with Jets fans like it used to be. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

I sat in Giants Stadium Mezz corners.  I sat in Metlife Mezz corners.  No comparison.  MetLife Mezz corners were NOTHING like Giants stadium Mezz corners, which made you feel like you were directly above the corner and above the action instead of 2 miles away.  Row 4 of Mezz A 245A was like row 14 of Giants stadium Upper Deck corner not like Mezz corner.  everyone I knew in that section changed their location or just quit after a few years.  

That is true. After 2012 to '14 there was turnover, but it's been the same STH core  in 245A since

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Meh.  It’s a sad but realistic representation of the current state of our Jets.  Kudos to the Jets for recognizing the situation.  My one complaint is the apparent devaluation (complete removal of valuation) of the Mezzanine PSL.  I think I paid $8K for two PSLs when the stadium opened.  I’m not going to move down to the Lower Level because I think my seats have a great view.  In fact, I just used this as an opportunity to move to a better location within my section (246A) right near the corner.  Going from Row 9 to Row 6 on the aisle.....and I like the $95 ticket price.  All in all, I’ll take the $700 in savings on ticket prices, get a better seat location....and pray we have something to cheer for in the next couple of years.

Go Jets?

How ya been? You go to any games this year? 245A was ROCKING for the Miami, Buffalo, and KC games. 

1 minute ago, Hitman Harris said:

Bring back the burpers and the farters

Jets seem to be delusional about the amount of fans they have and BOY did they ruin it all by trying to fill it with mindless yuppies 

Comments like these only validate further automation in the workplace.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

They OWN 1/2 the stadium and make a KILLING in NON-NFL events like concerts & soccer. 

Right. Was just curious. Looks like they can opt out in 2025. As a non season ticket holder who thinks the new place sucks, I'd like to see that even if unrealistic or unlikely.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Good move by them. Credit where it’s due. 

What credit do they deserve? 

They'd happily gauge fans if they thought they could get away with it (and they did gauge fans when they were able to).  Attendance is down.  TV ratings are down.  The Jets are coming off 2 straight 5-11 seasons and probably have amongst the worst situations in the league at QB (aka the single most important position on the field, by far). 

This was not a "good faith gesture" toward the fans or anything along those lines.  It was purely a business decision with the goal of maximizing revenue.  The one owner who I believe made an actual good faith gesture toward his fan base was Arthur Blank last offseason.  It kinda made me root for the Falcons.  I would love to trade the Johnson family for Arthur Blank if somehow that were an option.

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

No, think about it.  If the Jets all of a sudden become competitive (seriously competitive), those seats will be among the first to go as they carry no PSL.  (remember that the reason why so many of those Mezz A seats are available for sale is that the former PSL owners have bailed out or moved to better seating).  That's fine for them but not for the ppl that paid $4,000 to sit in the same seats.  At least they get to retain those seats year after year.  The non PSL holders will be in a pot-luck situation to see what they get.  One would think that any PSL holder would object to that situation based on "fairness".  

If I still owned a $4,000 Mezz A PSL after this move by the Jets, I'd be on the phone with them screaming about it.  I'd ask for a $4,000 credit towards a Lower sidelines PSL or something better than Mezz end zone, whose PSL was literally (as opposed to the usual figuratively) made worthless by this move.  Essentially, the Jets just de-valued the Mezz PSL to zero (even though supply and demand had it close to zero anyway.)

Don't be surprised when Mezz PSL holders file the class action suit.  Jets have unilaterally changed the circumstances of their PSL purchase and it doesn't pass the smell test.

I'm not a STH but I feel extremely confident that Woody's lawyers put language into the PSL agreement allowing him to basically do whatever he wants.

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Right. Was just curious. Looks like they can opt out in 2025. As a non season ticket holder who thinks the new place sucks, I'd like to see that even if unrealistic or unlikely.

Fair enough. 

Their BEST chance would be to join up w/NYCFC (MLS team) who is also looking to build a stadium (just lost out on Belmont to the Islanders), but the caveat is that MLS wants "soccer-specific" venues, but the $$$$ the Jets and NYCFC (Yankees/ManCity Ownership) could make w/in the 5 boroughs would be INSANE but improbable w/out eminent domain. They'd also lose ALL, if not most, of their NJ STH.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Come on the memories of wearing a Brown bag over your head holding a sign saying Joe must go/Fire Coslet/Fire Kotite for a decade.  ?

I wore a brown paper bag over my head to my first regular season Jet game ever (Kotite's last game).

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
Non-PSL Seat Holders

Experience the excitement of a Jets game live at MetLife Stadium. Join the Jets Nation family and get your Non-PSL Season Tickets today!

Benefits of a Non-PSL Season Ticket Holder:

• No PSL fee
  • Savings off of individual game ticket price
  • Same great seat(s) for all 10 home games
  • First right of refusal for your same seats for all Jets home playoff games
  • Be a part of the Jets Rewards Loyalty Program, exclusive for Season Ticket Holders
  • Meet & greets with Jets Alumni before every home game
  • Personalized service from Jets Season Ticket Account Executives
  • View Seating Chart

The 8 regular season home games followed by the divisional round playoff home game, then the AFC championship home game? 

/sarc

Archived