BREAKING NEWS!! JETS STH PRICE REDUCTION & 2019 FREEZE

Gas2No99

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I would love to trade the Johnson family for Arthur Blank if somehow that were an option.

Heck, I'd trade the Johnson family for the friggin' Kardashians if I could. Anything to get rid of the childlike imbecile owner we got stuck with.

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG 

My row 11 seat was backed up to the last row same section even with my seniority others who bumped me had more seniority I was ok with that a PSL fee added when I complained I was offered UD seats no PSL I took them for 1 season in the new stadium attended 2 games gave the rest away to my son and his friends Jets fans seats were way too high. 

So when all this smoke clears years later, PSL owners are now getting royally screwed it seems. Lets see how they like it. 

Bottom line we ALL got screwed. 

No whining grow up. 

Without a twinge of irony, the guy who thinks he's entitled to whatever seats he wants at whatever price he wants and who whines about it for 8+ years and creepily calls out another grown man any time the topic comes up, tells someone else to grow up.

You're a 60-year-old millennial, joewilly12.

47 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Without a twinge of irony, the guy who thinks he's entitled to whatever seats he wants at whatever price he wants and who whines about it for 8+ years and creepily calls out another grown man any time the topic comes up, tells someone else to grow up.

You're a 60-year-old millennial, joewilly12.

Im 54 and a young 54 sluggo I work hard for my money and I supported this organization through some bad times AND PAID MY RENEWAL IN FULL EVERY YEAR NO PAYMENTS OPTION only to be rewarded with the option of bad seats in my original section, relocate  or UD seats. My seniority of 23+ years meant nothing to anyone and again I respected the guys with MORE seniority bumping me back. I was entitled to nothing then and I'm entitled to nothing now. The NY Jets did no one right with this PSL bullsh*t. Woody and the Mara and Tisch's are laughing all the way to the bank, 20 home games the most of any NFL stadium and the league and thats what the cheapskates built. End the PSL fee and put diehard Jets fans back in the seats instead of the non-football crowd or opposing teams fans in them now. DAMMIT 

joewilly12 

26 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Give some credit to Chris Johnson.  If Woody was here and not in the UK ticket prices would have stayed flat or increased.  At least he’s recognizing the need to lower prices.  

They make their PSL holders pay for 2 preseason games (and I assume parking and all that).  This discount probably amounts to making preseason free.  The way I see it, unless you have money to burn, I wouldn't waste it on the Johnson family.  

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Mezz A & B PSL holders have just been royally screwed. 

Nothing of the sort.  I worry about my seats and my happiness.  If others can get great seats at lower prices with no PSL, that's good for them.  It's good for younger Jets fans to be welcomed in to the season ticket family.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nothing of the sort.  I worry about my seats and my happiness.  If others can get great seats at lower prices with no PSL, that's good for them.  It's good for younger Jets fans to be welcomed in to the season ticket family.

SAR I

SAR I you are a class act I really mean that. So did you buy the Giants season tickets yet?  You remember right you said you were quitting on the Jets and I wished you luck. You said your wardrobe fit Giants blue better. Hate to lose an old friend but want to see you happy. 

joewilly12 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Good luck you see how the NY Jets organization is respecting the PSL owners READ THE FINE PRINT 

For those fans who laughed at the former season ticket holders who got screwed I'm now laughing at them. 

The biggest benefit of the PSL was worth more than the $16,000 I paid for them:

It finally got all the dead weight out of the good seats so I could get off the waitlist and into any seats of my choosing.  All those terrible people calling themselves Jets fans selling half the games to scalpers for 4x face value, watching the rest of the games for free, and buying vacations in the process, good riddance.

And if you add up what I thought I was going to pay in ticket price increases the past 9 years that turned out to be a $0 price freeze and now a decrease, that $16,000 is free money, turned out to not cost anyone a thing.   And if the Jets get good again I could always sell my PSL's at a profit to the next generation coming up.  Those who invested in PSL's did very well.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

All those terrible people calling themselves Jets fans selling half the games to scalpers for 4x face value, watching the rest of the games for free, and buying vacations in the process, good riddance.

You do sell to opposing teams fans yourself and you call yourself a Jets fan, well you used to anyway. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I you are a class act I really mean that. So did you buy the Giants season tickets yet?  You remember right you said you were quitting on the Jets and I wished you luck. You said your wardrobe fit Giants blue better. Hate to lose an old friend but want to see you happy. 

joewilly12 

Thanks.

SAR I

Just now, joewilly12 said:

You do sell to opposing teams fans yourself and you call yourself a Jets fan, well you used to anyway. 

I do no such thing.

For games I cannot attend I put the seats on Stubhub below face value for Jets fans to buy.

SAR I

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Solution credit all PSL holders the fees they've already paid towards future season tickets and do away with the PSL's.

You don't have to worry about how rich people spend their fun money.

I don't want the PSL money back.  It served its purcpose.  It dissolved the season ticket holder waiting list and forever ensured that loyal Jets fans would no longer be a puppet of those whose grandfathers were great Jets fans and whose grandchildren were selfish profiteers.

SAR I

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I if you are quitting on the Jets I will give you $2 per PSL for your 4 seats thats $8 actually what the hell I give you $10 and I promise to never ever sell them to opposing teams fans. 

joewilly12 

I actually 100% believe him on this. Joe can't even copy and paste words into a text box. There's no way he can figure out how to open an account on StubHub.

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I actually 100% believe him on this. Joe can't even copy and paste words into a text box. There's no way he can figure out how to open an account on StubHub.

No actually I didn't go to Rutgers I get it and StubHub whats that a site for men who are not too well endowed, figured you would know about it. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Im 54 and a young 54 sluggo I work hard for my money and I supported this organization through some bad times AND PAID MY RENEWAL IN FULL EVERY YEAR NO PAYMENTS OPTION only to be rewarded with the option of bad seats in my original section, relocate  or UD seats. My seniority of 23+ years meant nothing to anyone and again I respected the guys with MORE seniority bumping me back. I was entitled to nothing then and I'm entitled to nothing now. The NY Jets did no one right with this PSL bullsh*t. Woody and the Mara and Tisch's are laughing all the way to the bank, 20 home games the most of any NFL stadium and the league and thats what the cheapskates built. End the PSL fee and put diehard Jets fans back in the seats instead of the non-football crowd or opposing teams fans in them now. DAMMIT 

joewilly12 

You were rewarded with tickets to 10 home games per year and a chance to buy playoff tickets had the Jets made the playoffs.  Which, incidentally, was exactly what you purchased.  Not a thing more.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You were rewarded with tickets to 10 home games per year and a chance to buy playoff tickets had the Jets made the playoffs.  Which, incidentally, was exactly what you purchased.  Not a thing more.

I purchased them every year there was an opportunity many years I wondered why the hell are the Jets sending me playoff invoices. 

If they lose the PSL fees I might even become a season ticket holder again. 

PSLSOURCE another place I'm currently looking at a few deals. 

Sooner or later the NY Jets will realize this PSL thing just isn't working.

Wait they just did that. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You better bring the Pepto for the burpers and farters who may now sit near you.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I purchased them every year there was an opportunity many years I wondered why the hell are the Jets sending me playoff invoices. 

If they lose the PSL fees I might even become a season ticket holder again. 

PSLSOURCE another place I'm currently looking at a few deals. 

Sooner or later the NY Jets will realize this PSL thing just isn't working.

Wait they just did that. 

We get it man. We get it. What I am about to type is 100% serious. You are a straight up huge Jets fan. You seem to be bothered by how it all turned out with the stadium. But I promise you, we know what you feel man. Let the pain subside, the jets can't hurt you again. They don't have another game that counts until September lol.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

No actually I didn't go to Rutgers I get it and StubHub whats that a site for men who are not too well endowed, figured you would know about it. 

I think you were going for a burn here but missed.

Check your crotch though, maybe that's where it landed. 

Damn it where is my rim shot SMILEY?????

As the stadium ages don’t all PSL‘s essentially go to $0?  It’s like a depreciation over 30 years.  Serious question. If/when the Jets eventually announce the construction of a new stadium who in their right mind would purchase a PSL for seats in MetLife stadium with only a year or two left? 

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

If I'm reading the Mezzanine A/B deal correctly they can move to the lower level at no additional PSL fee.  So they could go to a lower level sideline seat that has a $10-$15k PSL for only $4k?

No. You can move from the mezzanine endzone to the lower level endzone, not the sideline without paying an additional PSL cost.  If I could move to the lower level sideline for no PSL I would’ve done that. I am currently in section 246A, which I consider a very good mezzanine non-club section.  I asked if I could  move directly lower to section 146, which is a corner Endzone location.  They told me it would be a $1000 PSL difference per seat that I would have to pay. I simply chose to stay in 246A, but move lower and get on the aisle.  I will just suck up the $8000 I paid a decade ago as a lost cost and enjoy the $35 per ticket price reduction. 

6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

You better bring the Pepto for the burpers and farters who may now sit near you.

Joking aside, my section is filled with great fans, we have had zero turnover in the 5 rows behind me and adjacent to me, we have 2 other JN members and their families in that group too. 

When the PSL plans were rolled out in 2008 we had a full year to figure out the seats that were the best mix of location/view/price and the Mezzanine A corners were tops on the list. The reduction in price of my seats yesterday from $135 to $95 per game is less than I paid in 2005 for similar seats in Giants Stadium.

Makes the original PSL decision even better, there won’t be any turnover in my section at all. Fans who may have considered leaving the team due to frustration appreciate this gesture. I myself will save  $1,600, my bill having just gone from $5,400 to $3,800.  The $40 credit per seat also will cover food and beverage for 2 of the games.  

Icing on the cake is that we have a decent home schedule with the Vikings, Packers, Colts, Broncos, Pats, Bills, and Fins all who have fanbases who travel so when I do sell some seats (when I’m in China and Europe and when my son has varsity travel hockey) I’ll break even, maybe make a few dollars after last years dull calendar.

SAR I

15 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Sucks for STH like you that paid or are still paying for the PSL's, newcomers get to walk in sit next to you without having to pay the PSL fees and the Jets excuse is they wont qualify for special rewards. What are the rewards?  

As soon as someone is willing to pay psl for your seat, your out.

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Upon reflection, I agree.

I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine and this is his prediction:  Over a period of many years, certain sections PSLs are going to be retired, meaning that they will offer abandoned PSL seating to new STH's with no PSL.   We are now 8 years out from the opening of MetLife and the Jets have realized that certain sections will just never fill with PSLs.  He expects other parts of the stadium to gradually retire PSL necessity as the years go by, especially if the Jets continue to suck as bad as they have in the past 8 years.  He was shocked that this process has already begun, only 8 years in.  He thought it would start about 15 years in, but because the team has been so darned bad, it has started earlier.

In future years, it will not be surprising to see the lower endzones lose their PSLs followed by the lower corners.  He thinks everything between the goal lines along the sidelines will retain PSLs and all else will be done.  

So now we know the life span of the Mezz endzone (Mezz A & B ) PSLs was only 8 years. Far less than anyone would have expected.  I guess sales have been weak and PSL abandonment rate very high in Mezz A & B to do this only 8 years in.  Basically it means that each PSL cost $500 per year for Mezz A and less for Mezz B.  I wonder how many years it will take for the lower endzone  PSLs to be retired too.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Upon reflection, I agree.

I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine and this is his prediction:  Over a period of many years, certain sections PSLs are going to be retired, meaning that they will offer abandoned PSL seating to new STH's with no PSL.   We are now 8 years out from the opening of MetLife and the Jets have realized that certain sections will just never fill with PSLs.  He expects other parts of the stadium to gradually retire PSL necessity as the years go by, especially if the Jets continue to suck as bad as they have in the past 8 years.  He was shocked that this process has already begun, only 8 years in.  He thought it would start about 15 years in, but because the team has been so darned bad, it has started earlier.

In future years, it will not be surprising to see the lower endzones lose their PSLs followed by the lower corners.  He thinks everything between the goal lines along the sidelines will retain PSLs and all else will be done.  

So now we know the life span of the Mezz endzone (Mezz A & B ) PSLs was only 8 years. Far less than anyone would have expected.  I guess sales have been weak and PSL abandonment rate very high in Mezz A & B to do this only 8 years in.  I wonder how many years lower endzones have left before the same happens there.

The follow-up question, and I'm not sure whether this has been tested with any other franchise's PSL-funded stadium, is whether PSL holders (like me, in 204) in sections where PSL's have been "retired" will have any recourse.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12 

"sluggo"?  :lol:

that sounds a tad older than 54, you know.

Archived