BREAKING NEWS!! JETS STH PRICE REDUCTION & 2019 FREEZE

Gas2No99

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Upon reflection, I agree.

I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine and this is his prediction:  Over a period of many years, certain sections PSLs are going to be retired, meaning that they will offer abandoned PSL seating to new STH's with no PSL.   We are now 8 years out from the opening of MetLife and the Jets have realized that certain sections will just never fill with PSLs.  He expects other parts of the stadium to gradually retire PSL necessity as the years go by, especially if the Jets continue to suck as bad as they have in the past 8 years.  He was shocked that this process has already begun, only 8 years in.  He thought it would start about 15 years in, but because the team has been so darned bad, it has started earlier.

In future years, it will not be surprising to see the lower endzones lose their PSLs followed by the lower corners.  He thinks everything between the goal lines along the sidelines will retain PSLs and all else will be done.  

So now we know the life span of the Mezz endzone (Mezz A & B ) PSLs was only 8 years. Far less than anyone would have expected.  I guess sales have been weak and PSL abandonment rate very high in Mezz A & B to do this only 8 years in.  Basically it means that each PSL cost $500 per year for Mezz A and less for Mezz B.  I wonder how many years it will take for the lower endzone  PSLs to be retired too.

I mean the issue is the product on the field, and the lack of success.  The Giants play in the same stadium, and in the Mezz Club seats their ticket prices are much higher per game yet you can’t find more then a few people on the aftermarket looking to sell them, and if they are it’s at or close to full price.  The PSL Source site is willing to even buy the PSL themselves if you don’t want to deal with posting them for sale for Giants PSL’s.

So basically the answer here is get a franchise QB, win a SB, and guess what your PSL is now worth something, and the Giants market for their PSL’s in the same stadium at higher priced tickets is more then fine to show proof of this.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

No. You can move from the mezzanine endzone to the lower level endzone, not the sideline without paying an additional PSL cost.  If I could move to the lower level sideline for no PSL I would’ve done that. I am currently in section 246A, which I consider a very good mezzanine non-club section.  I asked if I could  move directly lower to section 146, which is a corner Endzone location.  They told me it would be a $1000 PSL difference per seat that I would have to pay. I simply chose to stay in 246A, but move lower and get on the aisle.  I will just suck up the $8000 I paid a decade ago as a lost cost and enjoy the $35 per ticket price reduction. 

Prediction:  Within the next 5-10 years the lower corners and endzones will retire their PSLs as well.  The speed at which this will happen depends entirely on how good or bad the team plays as the years go by.

14 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The follow-up question, and I'm not sure whether this has been tested with any other franchise's PSL-funded stadium, is whether PSL holders (like me, in 204) in sections where PSL's have been "retired" will have any recourse.

I used the word "retired", not the Jets.  I think it is an appropriate label, although the PSL holders there still have live legal PSLs.  Your PSL is still active and you could sell it if you wanted to.  Its just that it has zero value now because anyone can sit in an available seat in your row with no PSL, so only an insane person would actually buy one for Mezz A or Mezz B now.  In all ways, the Mezz A & B PSLs should be considered "retired" as they have no more purpose or benefit other than assuring you get the same seats for every season and <chuckle> home playoff games.

17 minutes ago, Dcat said:

lease?  What lease do you speak of?  The Jets were tenants in Giants Stadium but co-owners of MetLife.  

Question for you, maybe you know the answer if not no big deal just ask because you sound very knowledgeable about the whole Jets PSL process.

I have 2 PSL’s in the Mezz club paid off 15K each, now if I saw the writing on the wall that these PSL’s were gonna be worthless regardless of product on the field, could I move from there to say a lower bowl section for 3 seats at a 10K PSL if the inventory was available?

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Question for you, maybe you know the answer if not no big deal just ask because you sound very knowledgeable about the whole Jets PSL process.

I have 2 PSL’s in the Mezz club paid off 15K each, now if I saw the writing on the wall that these PSL’s were gonna be worthless regardless of product on the field, could I move from there to say a lower bowl section for 3 seats at a 10K PSL if the inventory was available?

answering in a PM to you.  I went through something similar (but not the same) and had a battle with the Jets over it.  Details in PM. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

We get it man. We get it. What I am about to type is 100% serious. You are a straight up huge Jets fan. You seem to be bothered by how it all turned out with the stadium. But I promise you, we know what you feel man. Let the pain subside, the jets can't hurt you again. They don't have another game that counts until September, 2069 lol.

Fixed that for you.

26 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

can't hurt to ask. I sent you details of the fiasco I had with them when I needed to reduce my number of seats from 5 to 3, even though my net PSL purchase would rise by $10 grand.  But in the end it got done.  For you it's different. The net PSL value to the Jets is the same, not higher, so that may be an issue for them.  But the number of seats will increase to 3 instead of two.  The Jets bristle at reducing your number of seats but should be fine with an increase.  They also bristle at abandoning club seats however because they are so hard to sell and are a huge embarrassment to the team because they have been 60-75% empty for the entire 8 years the Jets have owned MetLife.  They are desperate to fill those and might bristle at losing 2 more up there.  Also, section  135 or 142 are much easier sells for them, so don't be surprised if there is some resistance.  Right now is the time to do anything with them as they are in a "make the PSL holders happy" mode due to the sucktitude of the team.

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

can't hurt to ask. I sent you details of the fiasco I had with them when I needed to reduce my number of seats from 5 to 3, even though my net PSL purchase would rise by $10 grand.  But in the end it got done.  For you it's different. The net PSL value to the Jets is the same, not higher, so that may be an issue for them.  But the number of seats will increase to 3 instead of two.  The Jets bristle at reducing your number of seats but should be fine with an increase.  They also bristle at abandoning club seats however because they are so hard to sell and are a huge embarrassment to the team because they have been 60-75% empty for the entire 8 years the Jets have owned MetLife.  They are desperate to fill those and might bristle at losing 2 more up there.  Also, section  135 or 142 are much easier sells for them, so don't be surprised if there is some resistance.  Right now is the time to do anything with them as they are in a "make the PSL holders happy" mode due to the sucktitude of the team.

When I called to move my seats last season (went from Row 9 to Row 1) I was told I can move to any section that holds the same PSL value, and the only non club seat with the same PSL tag that I paid was Lower Side Line Select which is roughly between the 20-28 yard line, BUT on the Jets sideline, and sunny side of the stadium which I have no interest in, especially after opening day this season everyone on that side of the stadium BAKED, and then the glare also sucks.

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I purchased them every year there was an opportunity many years I wondered why the hell are the Jets sending me playoff invoices. 

If they lose the PSL fees I might even become a season ticket holder again. 

PSLSOURCE another place I'm currently looking at a few deals. 

Sooner or later the NY Jets will realize this PSL thing just isn't working.

Wait they just did that. 

I don't think the notion that you can't sell a time-limited product for the same price you were able to sell it for 9-years earlier should shock anyone.

The Jets may have overestimated their market, but that was something they did 9-years-ago.  They didn't go out of business, and were hugely profitable in that time.  Now, they are adjusting for current market conditions, and if I had to guess, will remain hugely profitable.

So doing the math for my 8 $4k Mezz PSL seats, I paid and extra $62.50 per game over the last 8 years (including preseason) with the PSL factored in.  For the new turkeys getting non PSL seats next to me, do they have to get the preseason and what is their price?  My tix are now $95 per game down from $130.  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Upon reflection, I agree.

I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine and this is his prediction:  Over a period of many years, certain sections PSLs are going to be retired, meaning that they will offer abandoned PSL seating to new STH's with no PSL.   We are now 8 years out from the opening of MetLife and the Jets have realized that certain sections will just never fill with PSLs.  He expects other parts of the stadium to gradually retire PSL necessity as the years go by, especially if the Jets continue to suck as bad as they have in the past 8 years.  He was shocked that this process has already begun, only 8 years in.  He thought it would start about 15 years in, but because the team has been so darned bad, it has started earlier.

In future years, it will not be surprising to see the lower endzones lose their PSLs followed by the lower corners.  He thinks everything between the goal lines along the sidelines will retain PSLs and all else will be done.  

So now we know the life span of the Mezz endzone (Mezz A & B ) PSLs was only 8 years. Far less than anyone would have expected.  I guess sales have been weak and PSL abandonment rate very high in Mezz A & B to do this only 8 years in.  Basically it means that each PSL cost $500 per year for Mezz A and less for Mezz B.  I wonder how many years it will take for the lower endzone  PSLs to be retired too.

That's an interesting theory, but no PSL sections have been "retired".  The Jets suck, ticket sales are in the crapper, so to please existing fans (me) and to entice new fans (recent college grads, retired guys) the Jets lowered gameday ticket prices and are allowing people to get single-season ticket subscriptions in PSL seats with no PSL owner.

When seats are offered as standard season tickets in PSL sections that doesn't mean the PSL's go away.  That just means for that one year someone can get a set of PSL seats without a PSL.  The minute someone else comes along who is willing to pay the PSL's that season ticket holder is punted from those seats and must go back and find other nomad seats to squat in.

Next, the Jets are not reducing the prices of the PSL's as the years go by.  My 232A seats were $4000 each 9 years ago and are $4000 today if someone wanted to purchase PSL seats in that section. 

Let's avoid the knee-jerk reactions here.  This is no different than it's been in past years where the Jets have offered nomad PSL seats and upper deck seats to those who want to test the waters for a year.  It doesn't de-value the PSL's.  When the Jets stop sucking, demand will be strong again, and it will be just like it was on opening day 2010-  sold out stadium with all non-Club PSL's sold out.

SAR I

53 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

So doing the math for my 8 $4k Mezz PSL seats, I paid and extra $62.50 per game over the last 8 years (including preseason) with the PSL factored in.  For the new turkeys getting non PSL seats next to me, do they have to get the preseason and what is their price?  My tix are now $95 per game down from $130.  

The person next to you is getting the same financial deal for the 10 tickets as you are.  The difference is that he is squatting in PSL seats temporarily.  If the Jets are good again in 2 years he will be booted the moment someone else comes along and buys the PSL's and becomes the PSL owner of those seats.

What's going on now is no different than last year or the year before.  The Jets sell nomad PSL's as standard season tickets on a year-by-year basis.  What's different for this year are the cheaper prices which benefit everyone.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The person next to you is getting the same financial deal for the 10 tickets as you are.  The difference is that he is squatting in PSL seats temporarily.  If the Jets are good again in 2 years he will be booted the moment someone else comes along and buys the PSL's and becomes the PSL owner of those seats.

Do you have that in writing that these are only temporary seats.  

I would like to see an actual contract from the NY Jets on this. 

So fans bail them out basically and then stand the chance of being tossed to the curb? 

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Joking aside, my section is filled with great fans, we have had zero turnover in the 5 rows behind me and adjacent to me, we have 2 other JN members and their families in that group too. 

When the PSL plans were rolled out in 2008 we had a full year to figure out the seats that were the best mix of location/view/price and the Mezzanine A corners were tops on the list. The reduction in price of my seats yesterday from $135 to $95 per game is less than I paid in 2005 for similar seats in Giants Stadium.

Makes the original PSL decision even better, there won’t be any turnover in my section at all. Fans who may have considered leaving the team due to frustration appreciate this gesture. I myself will save  $1,600, my bill having just gone from $5,400 to $3,800.  The $40 credit per seat also will cover food and beverage for 2 of the games.  

Icing on the cake is that we have a decent home schedule with the Vikings, Packers, Colts, Broncos, Pats, Bills, and Fins all who have fanbases who travel so when I do sell some seats (when I’m in China and Europe and when my son has varsity travel hockey) I’ll break even, maybe make a few dollars after last years dull calendar.

SAR I

Don’t forget the price lock for 2019 when the Giants Cowboys and Steelers play as well.  

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So fans bail them out basically and then stand the chance of being tossed to the curb? 

If I had to guess if the Jets get good they will 100% scrap the no PSL seats, BUT give the people sitting in those seats first right to purchase the PSL, now that I think about it, good, or bad they will scrap the non PSL, AND the plan is probably to offer all that jumped on the Non PSL Mezz seats the right to purchase the PSL, AND showing them look it’s cheaper per game at $95 + PSL payment then the original $130 per ticket that it was the year prior to them joining, and to seal the deal they will probably also offer a price freeze through 2020, or something, it’s actually a pretty good 1 year plan to sell more PSL’s, a lot that they will be either fully, or partially selling for a 2nd time lol.

Question for anyone in mezzanine

Is there an issue with metal bars at all in the mezz whether you are in section 200 A or B? 

We were in upper prime and the bars could be terrible depending on the row and the virtual seat view thing on the jets site shows no bar, but I wanted to be absolutely certain.

34 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Just wondering if anyone knows what happens to people who financed their PSLs in the mezzanine?  Are you no longer required to keep making payments?  

Only the 15 year plan people, by definition. The 5 year option should have been paid off by 2014. 

I paid mine off by year 3 and BACK WHEN those could still be deducted as a "tax expense." Won't be the case, nor as easy to write off, in the future under the new tax legislation. 

15 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Question for anyone in mezzanine

Is there an issue with metal bars at all in the mezz whether you are in section 200 A or B? 

We were in upper prime and the bars could be terrible depending on the row and the virtual seat view thing on the jets site shows no bar, but I wanted to be absolutely certain.

Not really. When I've sat in the front row 0f 245A (our section has an open policy of seating where convenient amongst STH), the aluminum ledge lip does annoy my sightline, but sitting in rows 2 and up it's a non-issue.

52 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Logic and deduction. Try it sometime, comes in handy when "processing things" 

If this non-PSL option was presented JUST yesterday afternoon, HOW can you REASONABLY expect someone (let alone the STH you converse with here) to already have a "contract from the Jets on this?"

C/mon guy......?:blink:

The past 2 pages have been PURE conjecture in trying to RATIONALIZE how the Jets can do this without irritating their CURRENT VESTED PSL STHs.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

If I had to guess if the Jets get good they will 100% scrap the no PSL seats, BUT give the people sitting in those seats first right to purchase the PSL, now that I think about it, good, or bad they will scrap the non PSL, AND the plan is probably to offer all that jumped on the Non PSL Mezz seats the right to purchase the PSL, AND showing them look it’s cheaper per game at $95 + PSL payment then the original $130 per ticket that it was the year prior to them joining, and to seal the deal they will probably also offer a price freeze through 2020, or something, it’s actually a pretty good 1 year plan to sell more PSL’s, a lot that they will be either fully, or partially selling for a 2nd time lol.

Or will they try and stick them in the UD again. 

20 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

If this non-PSL option was presented JUST yesterday afternoon, HOW can you REASONABLY expect someone (let alone the STH you converse with here) to already have a "contract from the Jets on this?"

The past 2 pages have been PURE conjecture in trying to RATIONALIZE how the Jets can do this without irritating their CURRENT VESTED PSL STHs.

No really I'm entering a contract to be a season ticket holder what are the details?  

There has to be perimeters, guide lines, rules something to make it an enticing offer than just a seat rental because thats not what the NY Jets are calling it. 

13 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

First - thanks for the mezz bar information.

Second - I spoke to a Jets representative today who inferred that unless demand skyrockets, they wont be suddenly kicking people of the new Mezz seats for PSL holders.

How can anyone expect the jets to care about the vested PSL holders getting mad - what would the recourse be exactly?   These seats are available because whatever we think the PSL re-sale market is, its worse.  Whatever we think the jets Season Ticket sales are, they are worse.

Its not just the product on the field, its the fact that as the product on the field has deteriorated over the past 5 years, the non-stadium experience has gotten better.  The "flat screen/red zone" argument has been around for a long time, yet the TVs get better, the coverage of other NFL games is getting better and the game day experience is getting worse, and it wasnt good to start.  Look at the stadium in Minnesota - and compare it to the concrete circle that we have, its a disgrace.

NFL Owners got greedy with the PSL thing and it is slowly ending and it will be replaced with smaller, more technology driven stadiums, with cheaper concession options (Atlanta is a prime example), where the views are all amazing (even for people who dont want to spend $500 per seat).

I dont want fellow jet fans to lose money or be bait/switched, it sucks, but the truth is that due to the experience sucking along with the team sucking, that is what has happened and unfortunately when you purchase an asset that knowingly decreases each year there are only 2 outcomes - you bought what you can afford and enjoy the games regardless of what someone next to you is paying or you get pissed at the Jets for doing this and let if affect your enjoyment of the game.  Either way there isnt much for the fans who paid to do.

5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

unless demand skyrockets,

Well there you go, Jets trade up to 1st pick, whoever it is they decide to draft at 1 becomes Carson Wentz like, guess what Demand WILL skyrocket, and the boot will come out from the Jets.

7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Its not just the product on the field, its the fact that as the product on the field has deteriorated over the past 5 years, the non-stadium experience has gotten better. 

It is just the product on the field, Giants play in the exact same stadium, charge more per ticket yet their PSL’s are not worthless like most Jets PSL’s are.  Point is IF the Jets find a franchise QB that gets the fan base all excited Jets PSL’s will no longer be worthless it’s really that simple, and the Giants are proof of that.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

It is just the product on the field, Giants play in the exact same stadium, charge more per ticket yet their PSL’s are not worthless like most Jets PSL’s are.  Point is IF the Jets find a franchise QB that gets the fan base all excited Jets PSL’s will no longer be worthless it’s really that simple, and the Giants are proof of that.

Giants PSL's are worthless I have 2 friends who have them and they are disgusted and have tried to sell them with no luck.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Well there you go, Jets trade up to 1st pick, whoever it is they decide to draft at 1 becomes Carson Wentz like, guess what Demand WILL skyrocket, and the boot will come out from the Jets.

I dont want to be arguing against the Jets success because I hope the stadium is packed and we have a great run with a franchise QB.

But if you think simply getting Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen is going to spike demand given the current environment surrounding the organization, then I dont know what to tell you, but instead ill ask a question.

If the PSL was $2500 (I dont know what the actual price was) when the stadium opened - how much would they sell it for to kick people out, given you are already 7 years in?  You think they are gonna kick people to re-sell tickets that they already got PSL money for in order to make an extra $1000 or 1500 per seat and then alienate fans who have no contract with them and may not move to the UD, instead just pass on purchasing tickets altogether for the next 15 years?

Archived