BREAKING NEWS!! JETS STH PRICE REDUCTION & 2019 FREEZE

Gas2No99

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Giants PSL's are worthless I have 2 friends who have them and they are disgusted and have tried to sell them with no luck.

Well tell them to go to Psl source who will purchase the psl off them they don’t even have to list it for sale.  Guess what Psl source won’t do?  Yes that’s correct purchase your Jets psl off of you.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I dont want to be arguing against the Jets success because I hope the stadium is packed and we have a great run with a franchise QB.

But if you think simply getting Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen is going to spike demand given the current environment surrounding the organization, then I dont know what to tell you, but instead ill ask a question.

If the PSL was $2500 (I dont know what the actual price was) when the stadium opened - how much would they sell it for to kick people out, given you are already 7 years in?  You think they are gonna kick people to re-sell tickets that they already got PSL money for in order to make an extra $1000 or 1500 per seat and then alienate fans who have no contract with them and may not move to the UD, instead just pass on purchasing tickets altogether for the next 15 years?

I think IF the Jets draft Darnold, or Rosen, and they are insta playoff contenders yes the Jets will probably put the screws to those non psl Mezz seats.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Do you have that in writing that these are only temporary seats.  

I would like to see an actual contract from the NY Jets on this. 

So fans bail them out basically and then stand the chance of being tossed to the curb? 

Just got off the phone and asked the Jets directly, they said that the people who take PSL seats without paying for the PSL's themselves are there indefinitely so long as no one else comes along and wants to pay for the PSL.

So, this is a bit of a risk.  You could get 4 great seats in a PSL section, bond with the people around you for the next 5 years, and if in Year 6 we are an elite AFC team set for a decade of playoff runs you would be given the right of first refusal if someone else decided they wanted to pay thousands of $'s for the PSL's for "your" seats.

If you ask me it's win-win.  You get seats on the cheap without PSL's for awhile and get asked to pony up or leave only if the team gets really good and the tickets are a hot item again.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Don’t forget the price lock for 2019 when the Giants Cowboys and Steelers play as well.  

Whoa!  Thanks LKT.....I actually misread the email, I thought the cost reductions were only for this season, didn't realize it was for 2 seasons.  So with my 4 seats that's $3,200 I don't need to spend or almost 1 of my 30 year PSL's covered.

Thank you Jets.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

If I had to guess if the Jets get good they will 100% scrap the no PSL seats, BUT give the people sitting in those seats first right to purchase the PSL, now that I think about it, good, or bad they will scrap the non PSL, AND the plan is probably to offer all that jumped on the Non PSL Mezz seats the right to purchase the PSL, AND showing them look it’s cheaper per game at $95 + PSL payment then the original $130 per ticket that it was the year prior to them joining, and to seal the deal they will probably also offer a price freeze through 2020, or something, it’s actually a pretty good 1 year plan to sell more PSL’s, a lot that they will be either fully, or partially selling for a 2nd time lol.

Great deduction.  The Jets get new fans into PSL seats without the PSL until the Jets get good again.  When they do and someone else wants to purchase those PSL's, those fans have already bonded with those around them and they are more apt to just buy the PSL's themselves.

It's good PSL salesmanship towards the future.  Fills the building with fresh blood in the short term too, that's a good thing.

SAR I

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Question for anyone in mezzanine

Is there an issue with metal bars at all in the mezz whether you are in section 200 A or B? 

We were in upper prime and the bars could be terrible depending on the row and the virtual seat view thing on the jets site shows no bar, but I wanted to be absolutely certain.

venue-section-207-a-view.jpg

There are bars on the upper deck but almost no bars on the Mezzanine.  We have clear glass barriers, only at the end of the steps where people build momentum on the way down and pose for selfies, they aren't much of a distraction at all.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Mezzanine corners are the BEST value in Metlife since 2010 and all the more so now.

Yup, and I'd argue that having Row 1 seats abutting the Club seats and in the Verizon corner with no sun in my face and the fastest access to Route 3 and NJT that I have the best of the best value seats in the house.

PSL's = Investment Gold

SAR I

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Logic and deduction. Try it sometime, comes in handy when "processing things" 

If this non-PSL option was presented JUST yesterday afternoon, HOW can you REASONABLY expect someone (let alone the STH you converse with here) to already have a "contract from the Jets on this?"

C/mon guy......?:blink:

The past 2 pages have been PURE conjecture in trying to RATIONALIZE how the Jets can do this without irritating their CURRENT VESTED PSL STHs.

Actually, I called the Jets TO and that's what the rep told me.

PSL seats remain PSL seats but are available on a season-by-season basis to fans without a PSL until such time that other fans who want to pay for a PSL can take them away.  Right of first refusal will be there for the fan who has been sitting there for a few years during the Jets suck period.

SAR I

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No really I'm entering a contract to be a season ticket holder what are the details?  

There has to be perimeters, guide lines, rules something to make it an enticing offer than just a seat rental because thats not what the NY Jets are calling it. 

When I was a STH in Giants Stadium from 2001-2009 there was no contract.  The Jets hold all the cards.  Each year is an individual entity, there is no guarantee that the prices or the seat assignments won't change.  Now, of course, the Jets leave everyone where they are because the fans like it that way, but each time I got my invoice in the old building it was only an agreement to purchase tickets for that season.

SAR I

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just got off the phone and asked the Jets directly, they said that the people who take PSL seats without paying for the PSL's themselves are there indefinitely so long as no one else comes along and wants to pay for the PSL.

So, this is a bit of a risk.  You could get 4 great seats in a PSL section, bond with the people around you for the next 5 years, and if in Year 6 we are an elite AFC team set for a decade of playoff runs you would be given the right of first refusal if someone else decided they wanted to pay thousands of $'s for the PSL's for "your" seats.

If you ask me it's win-win.  You get seats on the cheap without PSL's for awhile and get asked to pony up or leave only if the team gets really good and the tickets are a hot item again.

SAR I

Thank you SAR I as always knowledgable and informative when it comes to PSL's and seating in MetLife. 

joewilly12 

53 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Well there you go, Jets trade up to 1st pick, whoever it is they decide to draft at 1 becomes Carson Wentz like, guess what Demand WILL skyrocket, and the boot will come out from the Jets.

Yes, but the positive way to look at it is that in this theoretical situation the fan would be given right of first refusal on those PSL's and would be able to buy them at a discounted price (I'm guessing).  So if a PSL seat was $4,000 in Year 1 by the time we are in Year 10 with 1/3 of the PSL's life over, those PSL's would sell for $2,600.  That fan, in effect, would have saved himself 10 years worth of disappointment and PSL cost vs. what I went through as a full 30 year PSL participant and be able to ride out the last 20 years right with the rest of us.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thank you SAR I as always knowledgable and informative when it comes to PSL's and seating in MetLife. 

joewilly12 

I try to help.

This is a good thing for Jets fans and something very generous from the Jets ticket office.  If you think about it, they're actually adjusting prices for down years, they're doing what Stubhub does as its business model where the quality of the team determines the 'value' of the ticket.  Instead of me giving up my $135 seats and buying them a-la carte from Stubhub for $95, I just buy them from the Jets for $95.  It's pretty smart, it makes loyal season ticket holders happy and it takes a bite out of Stubhub and sends fans to the Jets box office.

Hey, if the Jags, Bills, and Titans can make the playoffs this year, we can next year.  We need someone at the McCown level and a franchise running back.   LOL.  A franchise running back.  It's true.

SAR I

Just did the math on my ST invoice.  Saving $17.50 per ticket per game in 129 for a total of $350 in savings.

Renewed online with the no interest 10 payment plan which won't sting to lock in my 2019 pricing.

Called my rep and he thinks he can move me down even lower than row 13 after the SB.

This is my second year in 129 after forking over $250 per seat last year for a secondary market PSL.

All is right in the world.

Phil: I am RSVP-ing for the tailgate next year!

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Great deduction.  The Jets get new fans into PSL seats without the PSL until the Jets get good again.  When they do and someone else wants to purchase those PSL's, those fans have already bonded with those around them and they are more apt to just buy the PSL's themselves.

It's good PSL salesmanship towards the future.  Fills the building with fresh blood in the short term too, that's a good thing.

SAR I

Maybe.  At least a little plausible, but wholly contingent on the Jets becoming competitive.  or... they never sell another Mezzanine A or Mezzanine B PSL again, which is what I believe will happen.  Don't kid yourself.  They made a conscious financial decision to eliminate a PSL as a necessary condition for sitting in the Mezz endzone.  Those PSLs are NOT coming back to those sections. They want those sections populated at all times so the decision was made.   Never is the far more likely outcome thant the dream scenario above.  PSLs in the Mezz endzones are for all intent and purpose, extinct.  Probably a good thing anyway.

If Mezz A/B repopulate and looks like its 80-90% full instead if the usual 50% or less, the same thing will happen to several other sections, including lower endzone/corners.  We'll know in about 4-5 years.

On 1/16/2018 at 1:16 PM, T0mShane said:

Good move by them. Credit where it’s due. 

Or...and just hear me out on this...season ticket holders are jumping ship in droves after realizing its wiser to cut their losses than throw good money after bad, and the Jets are scrambling to maintain what STH's they have in pocket before the whole sh*thouse goes up in flames.  Or maybe they're just being nice.  Either way I'd expect more cynicism from you, Shane.  You're going soft.

2 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Or...and just hear me out on this...season ticket holders are jumping ship in droves after realizing its wiser to cut their losses than throw good money after bad, and the Jets are scrambling to maintain what STH's they have in pocket before the whole sh*thouse goes up in flames.  Or maybe they're just being nice.  Either way I'd expect more cynicism from you, Shane.  You're going soft.

Damage control was my initial thought as well. Salvage what you have left,before you have nothing. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Maybe.  At least a little plausible, but wholly contingent on the Jets becoming competitive.  or... they never sell another Mezzanine A or Mezzanine B PSL again, which is what I believe will happen.  Don't kid yourself.  They made a conscious financial decision to eliminate a PSL as a necessary condition for sitting in the Mezz endzone.  Those PSLs are NOT coming back to those sections. They want those sections populated at all times so the decision was made.   Never is the far more likely outcome thant the dream scenario above.  PSLs in the Mezz endzones are for all intent and purpose, extinct.  Probably a good thing anyway.

If Mezz A/B repopulate and looks like its 80-90% full instead if the usual 50% or less, the same thing will happen to several other sections, including lower endzone/corners.  We'll know in about 4-5 years.

Doesn't matter to me either way, the PSL was my ticket to freedom from the season ticket holder waiting list I was stuck on since 1988 and frankly my Row 1 seats will be valuable down the road if the Jets improve, I spoke to my rep today and in 232A there are only scattered seats, only one set of 4 seats exists (Row 7) so I feel I'm protected.  Not going to sell them anyway, so the point is moot.

Mezz B different story, those are true endzone seats behind the goalposts and there aren't many people who would prefer that view to sideline or semi-sideline.

SAR I

Too little too late for me and making me even more pissed off for having a Mezz EZ PSL payment for a bunch of years but if you are considering the EZ seats here are a few tips:

1. EZ seats are great for seeing the development of a play and the holes opened up, closed, etc. Passing plays are particularly interesting from this view. Some folks hate EZ seats, some swear by them. I still miss my 30yd line covered Mezzanine Shea seats though.
  2. They are particularly horrible when the play is in the last third of the field from you. The scoreboards are also far, so you better have good eyesight.
  3. They are some of the best seats in the stadium when they are in the closest third of the field. 
  4. Mezz B sections are further back and behind the A sections but from row 5 on they are covered for rain/snow days but be careful of going too far back beyond that as it is a bit like looking out of a cave. Some Lower level seats are covered also, but I have no idea what row it starts.
  5. 221-231 are in the shade side, 202-205 & 245-250 are in the sun, the sun can be brutal early in the season.
  6. If you are in B, beware of the dreaded Plexiglas stairways. Make sure they are away from the view of the field for you. You will have an issue with not only looking through the glass but also people/vendors/security standing on the landing blocking your view. Especially in this day and age of so many people getting up constantly for food, etc. Also be aware that the center sections will have the goal posts in the way to some extent.
  7. 224b is the non alcohol section. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference as since the stadium opened, there hasn't been much of a problem anywhere up there, but that is probably because everyone always had plenty of room to stretch out. We were right next to this section and the fun part was the kid who takes it upon himself to spot and report anyone with a beer. Eyes like a hawk. 

WARNING: The Rules of Life Apply here: If you are in one end zone, all the play and scoring will seem to be in the other half of the field. If you are undercover, it will never rain or snow. If you are on the shaded side of the field, the sun will never come out. Well at least it seems that way

After 40 years of going to almost every game, we only went to one this past year. In a way, it was kinda nice to not have to get up at 6am on game days or sit out in the cold or wind. On the other hand, TV just does not do it for me. You only see a limited part of the action and certainly are not enjoying the atmosphere of a raucous stadium.

The very best part of the experience is sitting in your own seats for playoff games with all the folks you made friends with by seeing them every game. Even if you sit there for years until it happens, it will be worth it many times over.

A friend once ran into Frank Cashen (Mets '80's GM for you puppies) in the corridor of another ballpark. He told him that he was a big Mets fan. Cashen was a little put off from being stopped said that well yeah, everyone says that now and then asked, "You go to the ballpark?". My friend replied that he had season tix and went to almost all the games. Cashen's demeanor changed immediately , he smiled at said, "well you are a fan then". He posed for pix and talked with my friend for some time. So, do you go to the ballpark?

Hopefully this helps someone here 

1 hour ago, sirlancemehlot said:

This is absolutely the case, no question.

But they just offered all existing season ticket holders a 30% discount and lets say that 30% of the stadium is unoccupied.  The Jets could have kept prices the same and made the same revenue.  By lowering prices they are taking quite a risk that they will be able to make up that 30% by adding around 10 or 15% more season ticket holders the next two seasons.

Either way, as a PSL owner and STH it's good for me.  This day and age where would you expect a 30% discount?  Movie theaters aren't lowering prices, restaurants are raising prices, airline seats, hotels.....for an entertainment property the NFL is incredibly popular and for the Jets to throw me a 30% off bone is quite unexpected and a nice surprise.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

The very best part of the experience is sitting in your own seats for playoff games with all the folks you made friends with by seeing them every game. Even if you sit there for years until it happens, it will be worth it many times over.

This.  Definitely this.

And with Brady and Belichick coming to an end eventually we will win a few division titles and host a few playoff games in the not too distant future.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

And with Brady and Belichick coming to an end eventually we will win a few division titles and host a few playoff games in the not too distant future.

Its a shame you are going to miss all this as a Giants fan but for old-times sake I hope you  come here and discuss it with us. 

joewilly12

Does anyone have a good sales rep they're recommend and an email address/phone number? I've been out of touch the last couple years, but want to see what else is available. Note I'm very happy with my seats, and think there are literally a handful of locations I'd prefer. I'm last row in the lower level, which is cool since it's the view I like the best (basically the same as the Green Room/some suites), I'm a few seats off the aisle, I can stand or lean all game without getting in anyone's way (I don't usually do that, but like the option), I'm on the shade side, and I'm a few seats away from the clubs, which were much more expensive. That said, I'd like to check.

Note that for my seats in 135, Jets are offering to lock in the price for next 2 seasons and giving $100 per ticket in Jets cash. So, my discount is not as big as the ones discussed above. But I will use that Jets cash (kid likes cookies, hot dogs, and water, and I usually get a beer or two). $200 off my effective bill is a nice little surprise.

5 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Here’s the cynicism: the meatheads paying for PSLs now would have paid for them next year anyway, even if there was a price increase. 

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

This.  Definitely this.

SAR I

Who is this "we" you speak of?   Are you still on-board with the Jets or are you a Giants fan?

Kudos to Chris Johnson for having some common sense on ticket prices and making an honest attempt at trying to fix things.  

I sit in the upper deck and will still stay up there.  It doesn’t affect me but mezzanine PSL holders should be given additional Jets cash or something for forking out their PSL money if new STHers are paying the same cost as them.  

20 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Here’s the cynicism: the meatheads paying for PSLs now would have paid for them next year anyway, even if there was a price increase. 

But that's just it, lots of PSL holders are flat out defaulting.  Giving up on their initial "investment" and simply walking away, since they can't sell or transfer without full ownership of the PSL (whatever that means).  I know three people who did it last year and two who tried to, only to get a sweetheart deal to move their seats and call it a wash.

23 hours ago, Cornfed said:

Does anyone have a good sales rep they're recommend and an email address/phone number? I've been out of touch the last couple years, but want to see what else is available. Note I'm very happy with my seats, and think there are literally a handful of locations I'd prefer. I'm last row in the lower level, which is cool since it's the view I like the best (basically the same as the Green Room/some suites), I'm a few seats off the aisle, I can stand or lean all game without getting in anyone's way (I don't usually do that, but like the option), I'm on the shade side, and I'm a few seats away from the clubs, which were much more expensive. That said, I'd like to check.

Note that for my seats in 135, Jets are offering to lock in the price for next 2 seasons and giving $100 per ticket in Jets cash. So, my discount is not as big as the ones discussed above. But I will use that Jets cash (kid likes cookies, hot dogs, and water, and I usually get a beer or two). $200 off my effective bill is a nice little surprise.

You'e got one of the best values in the stadium. You're on the 22 yd line in the lower bowl, not endzone, you can stand whenever you want and bother nobody, you don't have to deal with those cattle car escalators to get up to Mezz. You have the easiest ingress egress to the west gate.  The only way to improve would be to buy the more expensive PSL and move to clubs or 137/140. I'd stay put. 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

You'e got one of the best values in the stadium. You're on the 22 yd line in the lower bowl, not endzone, you can stand whenever you want and bother nobody, you don't have to deal with those cattle car escalators to get up to Mezz. You have the easiest ingress egress to the west gate.  The only way to improve would be to buy the more expensive PSL and move to clubs or 137/140. I'd stay put. 

Thanks, Dcat! I have thought that, since I like the top row (again, I am not a perpetual stander at all, but I love the view, and I love that I can stand or lean all game if I want and bother no one), like the shade side, the West entrance, etc, that there are literally 3 seats in 135 I might rather have, and 3 seats in 142 I might rather have.

I would love the Clubs, but probably don't want to spend more at this point.

So, yeah, probably not worth much effort.

Side note - I may need to pick your brain shortly on a related topic. PM probably coming soon....

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, The Crimson King said:

Too little too late for me and making me even more pissed off for having a Mezz EZ PSL payment for a bunch of years but if you are considering the EZ seats here are a few tips:

1. EZ seats are great for seeing the development of a play and the holes opened up, closed, etc. Passing plays are particularly interesting from this view. Some folks hate EZ seats, some swear by them. I still miss my 30yd line covered Mezzanine Shea seats though.
  2. They are particularly horrible when the play is in the last third of the field from you. The scoreboards are also far, so you better have good eyesight.
  3. They are some of the best seats in the stadium when they are in the closest third of the field. 
  4. Mezz B sections are further back and behind the A sections but from row 5 on they are covered for rain/snow days but be careful of going too far back beyond that as it is a bit like looking out of a cave. Some Lower level seats are covered also, but I have no idea what row it starts.
  5. 221-231 are in the shade side, 202-205 & 245-250 are in the sun, the sun can be brutal early in the season.
  6. If you are in B, beware of the dreaded Plexiglas stairways. Make sure they are away from the view of the field for you. You will have an issue with not only looking through the glass but also people/vendors/security standing on the landing blocking your view. Especially in this day and age of so many people getting up constantly for food, etc. Also be aware that the center sections will have the goal posts in the way to some extent.
  7. 224b is the non alcohol section. Doesn't seem to make much of a difference as since the stadium opened, there hasn't been much of a problem anywhere up there, but that is probably because everyone always had plenty of room to stretch out. We were right next to this section and the fun part was the kid who takes it upon himself to spot and report anyone with a beer. Eyes like a hawk. 

WARNING: The Rules of Life Apply here: If you are in one end zone, all the play and scoring will seem to be in the other half of the field. If you are undercover, it will never rain or snow. If you are on the shaded side of the field, the sun will never come out. Well at least it seems that way

After 40 years of going to almost every game, we only went to one this past year. In a way, it was kinda nice to not have to get up at 6am on game days or sit out in the cold or wind. On the other hand, TV just does not do it for me. You only see a limited part of the action and certainly are not enjoying the atmosphere of a raucous stadium.

A friend once ran into Frank Cashen (Mets '80's GM for you puppies) in the corridor of another ballpark. He told him that he was a big Mets fan. Cashen was a little put off from being stopped said that well yeah, everyone says that now and then asked, "You go to the ballpark?". My friend replied that he had season tix and went to almost all the games. Cashen's demeanor changed immediately , he smiled at said, "well you are a fan then". He posed for pix and talked with my friend for some time. So, do you go to the ballpark?

Hopefully this helps someone here 

Good stuff!

I have been LLSL at Giants Stadium and UD at MetLife for years until I moved to LLEZ in 129, Row 13 last year.

Really like the seats.

I have the sun behind me so the players pop and if you look at an overhead the 4 corner EZ sections are the closest to the field. I am in the game when they are in my end. Absolutley no obstructions and I can see the whole field.  I don't mind when the plays go to the other end of the field because I get a great view when they are on my end so I consider it a wash.  And the jumbotron is fine for me to watch those plays at the other end.

The other payoff is I am right behind the Verizon gate so ingress and egress is quick.

And I consider these seats a great value since I paid $250 per seat for the PSL and just got a price reduction down to $115 per seat.

Hope Brady gets his *ss kicked on Sunday.

On 1/17/2018 at 10:57 AM, Gas2No99 said:

Mezzanine corners are the BEST value in Metlife since 2010 and all the more so now.

This!

Mezz A was my first choice all along when my turn came up to select seats at the new stadium.  Best value (and one of the best views) when you're perched up in the corner in a low row with a view of the entire field.  They tried to encourage me to move down to Lower Endzone.  I'd have to be in Row 40 or higher to see any action past the 50 yard line and I just didn't want that.  It sucks that I'll eat the $8K I paid for two PSLs but in reality PSLs eventually go to $0 anyway as a stadium ages.  Whether it's 2030, 2035, etc. that the Jets move out or retire the stadium if you intend to keep your seats it doesn't matter what the resale value of the PSLs are because nobody will want a PSL for the final 2 years, 5 years, etc. of a stadium.  A $95 ticket price in Row 6 of 246A is a good deal and I'm happy with it.  I just paid for 2018 and locked in the same pricing for 2019.  

On 1/17/2018 at 5:17 PM, SAR I said:

This.  Definitely this.

SAR I

Definitely no more than 3, maybe 5....probably 10 years away from this happening.  lol

#FthoseGuys

Archived