Jump to content

Minority owners want Tomlin out


Jetsplayer21
 Share

Recommended Posts

58 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Especially when you account we lost to NE 47-0? Weeks earlier. Nobody gave them a chance against rolling pats team at their house again in playoffs. We had lost Jim Leonard also for season is the blowout. Rex had a great D game plan. No way Todd Bowles would have got the team confident enough to come back and beat NE after that demoralizing loss weeks earlier. It’s too bad we didn’t have a decent qb 1 of those two yrs. 

it was 45-3 but close enough.  Today is actually the anniversary of that upset.  It was 7 years ago today, it's sad but this is my greatest moment as a Jet fan. 

41 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

If only we didn't sleep walk through the first half against Pitt the following week . . . We really were on the verge of one of the most special postseason runs in NFL history. 

I know, I can't believe we came out for that 1st half the way we did. That game gets worse and worse the further away we get from it.  It was hard at the time but I thought we'd have more chances, it's hard to believe that was our last playoff game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

it was 45-3 but close enough.  Today is actually the anniversary of that upset.  It was 7 years ago today, it's sad but this is my greatest moment as a Jet fan. 

I know, I can't believe we came out for that 1st half the way we did. That game gets worse and worse the further away we get from it.  It was hard at the time but I thought we'd have more chances, it's hard to believe that was our last playoff game.

The first half was a disaster. Sanchez, play calling, D. The second half we can’t give all the credit to the jets. Mike Tomlin is a moron. Instead of sticking what worked, going after Sanchez, ect he elected to play the soft prevent D. That fails what 90% of the time? As great as our D was those 2 yrs, who remembers Peyton, ect scoring on us pretty easily when we went to prevent. Atlanta made same dumb mistake last yr in Super Bowl 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BCJet said:

Top 10 coach - mind boggling people actually think this.

The guy routinely lets his team talk in the press creating a constant stream of bulletin board material.

He doesnt coordinate the offense, defense or special teams.

Has a HOF QB, best WR and top 3  RB in the league 

Has presided over defense that as out dated 5 years ago and consistently gets eaten alive by Brady yet refuses to change

Hes arguably the most overrated coach in the league.  Seeing him stand clueless on the sideline Sunday while a Jags offense that scored 10 points against bufflao ran up FORTY FIVE points on their team, should be all anyone needs to see to know he isnt the guy.

 

Tomlin is overrated.  He has had Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown and 2 automatic wins from the browns every year

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The first half was a disaster. Sanchez, play calling, D. The second half we can’t give all the credit to the jets. Mike Tomlin is a moron. Instead of sticking what worked, going after Sanchez, ect he elected to play the soft prevent D. That fails what 90% of the time? As great as our D was those 2 yrs, who remembers Peyton, ect scoring on us pretty easily when we went to prevent. Atlanta made same dumb mistake last yr in Super Bowl 

Tomlin is Bowles with a way better front office stocking the roster

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JiF said:

100% and lets be honest, he inherited a Super Bowl team and had very little do with them winning it all. 

How many years back was that?  He's been a consistent winner for them.  Admittedly he's had a very good team (a la McCarthy and the Packers with Rodgers) but he's still winning.  Besides, who would they switch to next?  There are so many teams looking for HC's.  They couldn't realistically expect to do much better (if at all) than what they've already got with Tomlin.

Besides, the Steelers very rarely change coaches.  They've had 3 HCs in the Superbowl era.  All 3 have been there long-term and all 3 have won SBs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

How many years back was that?  He's been a consistent winner for them.  Admittedly he's had a very good team (a la McCarthy and the Packers with Rodgers) but he's still winning.  Besides, who would they switch to next?  There are so many teams looking for HC's.  They couldn't realistically expect to do much better (if at all) than what they've already got with Tomlin.

Besides, the Steelers very rarely change coaches.  They've had 3 HCs in the Superbowl era.  All 3 have been there long-term and all 3 have won SBs.

Steelers are about as an attractive a job as it gets they can hire anyone they want

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Can you blame them? Pittsburgh has a friggin All Star team and they gave up 40+ to Blake Bortles. With all the trash talking etc- that team has underachievied relative to their talent.

Blake Bortles has cut down on the turnovers 0 in the playoffs and he seems to be getting it now. Hes always been a capable gun slinger his biggest rap was the carelessness if he finally turns the corner why bash the guy now that he seems to be playing well ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, rangerous said:

weeb made the playoffs in 1969 and won the nfl championship twice with the dolts.  i'd say he was a little more successful as a coach than tomlin.

the thing is, teams become a reflection of their coach.  tomlin has a punky streak and so do the steeler teams.  same thing with gruden's raiders.  the patsies?  they just cheat and know the rules backwards and forwards.

I meant never made the playoffs with the Jets any other time

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How many years back was that?  He's been a consistent winner for them.  Admittedly he's had a very good team (a la McCarthy and the Packers with Rodgers) but he's still winning.  Besides, who would they switch to next?  There are so many teams looking for HC's.  They couldn't realistically expect to do much better (if at all) than what they've already got with Tomlin.

Besides, the Steelers very rarely change coaches.  They've had 3 HCs in the Superbowl era.  All 3 have been there long-term and all 3 have won SBs.

That last part is the reason I believe he is still there. I don't think switching coaches constantly is a winning formula. IMO if Tomlin coached any other team his record would be far worse and would have been fired years ago. I like the guy but I don't feel the praise he generally gets is warranted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

There is also zero chance of pitt winning another Super Bowl with that idiot as a coach. He made one of dumbest decisions in the history of the NFl. Surely is not his first, in Sunday’s game or in general.  The minority owners want him gone, so I don’t know how you come up with “ zero chance “ ha. 

Living in central PA I know a lot of Pitt fans. Even before this season they've all wanted Tomlin fired. They feel he has little control over the team and that his main function is that he is quotable and his players like him. He is a Tampa 2 D guy and the steelers don't run his D, he has no involvement in the O, and his in-game decision making (even before the Jags game) has consistently been questionable. He has been saved by the fact that the players are very good an have made plays that make people forget about the questionable in-game decisions.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Freemanm said:

God, the NFL is so reactionary. That's ridiculous. Seven playoff appearances in nine seasons, a Superbowl win and another appearance, three AFCCG appearances and they want to get rid of him over one game? Weeb Ewbank has an entire wing named after him and his team only won the Superbowl once and never even made the playoffs any other time. What would the Jets do if a coach led them to that kind of success? 

And guess what? The Jaguars were beating the Steelers when Cowher was there as well

One can credibly argue that with the talent on the steelers, Tomlin has underachieved.

And OMG! Weeb Ewbank was the Coach of the winning team in the TWO most important games in the history of the NFL! Have you no sense of his historical importance?  That's like diminishing the significance of Colonel Joshua Chamberlain by saying he only commanded the 20th Maine in one victory on the battlefield. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Freemanm said:

God, the NFL is so reactionary. That's ridiculous. Seven playoff appearances in nine seasons, a Superbowl win and another appearance, three AFCCG appearances and they want to get rid of him over one game? Weeb Ewbank has an entire wing named after him and his team only won the Superbowl once and never even made the playoffs any other time. What would the Jets do if a coach led them to that kind of success? 

And guess what? The Jaguars were beating the Steelers when Cowher was there as well

It certainly isn’t just one game. He has a long history of being a bad game mgr. Sunday’s game was by far his worst. Many questionable calls before the worst call in the history of the NFl. Not to mention allowing your team to overlook the jags, and talk about pats all week. He was guilty of that too. You are giving him a lot of credit for assembling a great team yr after yr. Big Ben is a rare true winner, without him they don’t even make playoffs. I don’t know how much input he has for continued success of bringing in talented play makers. But you could stick Todd Bowles on that team and they definitely don’t do any worse over the years. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Blake Bortles has cut down on the turnovers 0 in the playoffs and he seems to be getting it now. Hes always been a capable gun slinger his biggest rap was the carelessness if he finally turns the corner why bash the guy now that he seems to be playing well ? 

I actually predicted before the season that Bortles would be much better this year because the Jags hired a really smart and good ex CFL coach to be their QB coach.  Watch for the name of Scott Milanovich in the coming years re OC's and eventually head coaching jobs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you blame them? Pittsburgh has a friggin All Star team and they gave up 40+ to Blake Bortles. With all the trash talking etc- that team has underachievied relative to their talent.
Remember, Tomlin got rid of the DC that was there forever....

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I actually predicted before the season that Bortles would be much better this year because the Jags hired a really smart and good ex CFL coach to be their QB coach.  Watch for the name of Scott Milanovich in the coming years re OC's and eventually head coaching jobs.

good to know... also guys like Marrone are not going to tolerate stupid turnovers either and Bortles has done much better the second half of the season. If he "gets it" he may turn a corner very quickly. Everyone forgets Vinny Testaverde used to be a turn over machine until Parcells got a hold of him and I think Marrone is just that type of guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...