Congrats to Jamal Adams.

UnitedWhofans

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Shall I explain to you the difference between ballhawk safeties that do nothing else to help a team win versus more well rounded safeties that make impact plays both in coverage and stopping the run?

He had less passes defended than kony freakin ealy and only one more than mo wilk.  He played well as a run stopping box safety, we have yet to see any good coverage skills at all.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He had less passes defended than kony freakin ealy and only one more than mo wilk.  He played well as a run stopping box safety, we have yet to see any good coverage skills at all.

You are acknowledging that he played well. Others here are not doing that. That is why your response is better.

The others are just Beningo clones

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Remember Erik McMillian? Lead league in INTs as a rookie and made the Pro Bowl, turns out he kind of sucked at every other aspect of being a safety and faded out of the league in a couple of years. 

Jamal Adams is a really good player already. Whether he evolves into a pro bow caliber safety, or not, will not be dependent solely on INTs.

I get that but it would have been nice if he could have had at least as many as our defensive lineman.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I get that but it would have been nice if he could have had at least as many as our defensive lineman.

1. Why should we care where they come from?

2. The ironic thing is that people here have said that safety is not a high impact position, and a safety just blew a playoff game for his team. It also happened with the Broncos and Rahim Moore against the Ravens

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

1. Why should we care where they come from?

2. The ironic thing is that people here have said that safety is not a high impact position, and a safety just blew a playoff game for his team. It also happened with the Broncos and Rahim Moore against the Ravens

Yes that guy missing that tackle makes Adams more valuable as a number 6th overall pick on a team with no QB, No edge rusher, No #1 corner and sitting on their butts watching the playoffs.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

I feel so much better about passing over Deshaun Watson now.

Don't you realize the rational thing to say is that he 100% would have gotten injured if we drafted him, because it happened in practice with Houston, rendering him useless for half the season with a career in question thereafter?

Winners = us

Just now, The Crusher said:

Yes that guy missing that tackle makes Adams more valuable as a number 6th overall pick on a team with no QB, No edge rusher, No #1 corner and sitting on their butts watching the playoffs.

Who felt worse on Monday? Saints fans or Jets fans? Saints fans thank you very much

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Don't you realize the rational thing to say is that he 100% would have gotten injured if we drafted him, because it happened in practice with Houston, rendering him useless for half the season with a career in question thereafter?

Winners = us

It actually happened in the game against Seattle

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just think. Now when the Jets DO get an edge rusher, number 1 corner and a QB. We'll have good players at the non premium positions and that'll form our SB team. Positive thinking my friend.

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Go back to the approximate value stat, he leads rookie safties in that stat.

No matter how hard you try, that isn't a real stat.  Adams also did not "lead rookie safeties in that stat,:  He got a 7 AV, tied with Eddie Jackson.  Budda Baker got a 9.  Congratulations, Jamal Adams!  On point higher AV than Marcus Maye and Williams.

He had a solid rookie season.  One of the better rookie safeties this year.  Not exactly what I am looking for at 6 overall.  

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

What impact plays did Jamal Adams make in coverage?

37 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I wouldn’t want to impose, you’ve given us all so much already.

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

17 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sorry guys, I thought I was in a Jets forum. Didn't realize this was patsnation.com where guys are expected pick-a-part a Jets rookie just named to the All Rookie team. My bad. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

No matter how hard you try, that isn't a real stat.  Adams also did not "lead rookie safeties in that stat,:  He got a 7 AV, tied with Eddie Jackson.  Budda Baker got a 9.  Congratulations, Jamal Adams!  On point higher AV than Marcus Maye and Williams.

He had a solid rookie season.  One of the better rookie safeties this year.  Not exactly what I am looking for at 6 overall.  

Budda Baker got a lot of his value as a special teamer. Hence why he was named to the All Pro team as a special teamer. AND why he was named to the All Rookie team as a special teamer

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Two of the three starting linebackers had interceptions but the starting safety did not.

Every scouting report ever written on the kid mentions his brick hands 

You guys either have to get a clue or let it go 

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Budda Baker got a lot of his value as a special teamer. Hence why he was named to the All Pro team as a special teamer. AND why he was named to the All Rookie team as a special teamer

Budda Baker forced more fumbles than Adams and only had 9 less tackles. The point we're all making is that we could have gotten the same production from a strong safety in the second round that we got from picking one with the sixth pick.

Picking a SS at six is dumb.

9 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

So which of these high impact guys taken 6th overall the last few years would you have liked?

Ronnie Stanley

Jake Matthews

Barkevious Mingo

Morris Claiborne (irony)

So will it be one of the pedestrian lineman, bust OLB, or the guy we now have?

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Every scouting report ever written on the kid mentions his brick hands 

You guys either have to get a clue or let it go 

I wish our general manager had read one of those reports before sprinting to the podium to draft an ancillary piece to a defense while we had gaping whale-vagina holes at QB, LT, HB, TE, WR, OLB, and CB.

8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Sorry guys, I thought I was in a Jets forum. Didn't realize this was patsnation.com where guys are expected pick-a-part a Jets rookie just named to the All Rookie team. My bad. 

We should have a separate forum where the real Jets fans can talk football without the ****en SOJFs putting there bias agenda on everything

4 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Budda Baker forced more fumbles than Adams and only had 9 less tackles. The point we're all making is that we could have gotten the same production from a strong safety in the second round that we got from picking one with the sixth pick.

Picking a SS at six is dumb.

You can have those feelings, but this isnt the topic for this. This should be a thread for congratulations and well wishes

@Beerfish did it right. 

1 minute ago, Jack Straw said:

I wish our general manager had read one of those reports before sprinting to the podium to draft an ancillary piece to a defense while we had gaping whale-vagina holes at QB, LT, HB, TE, WR, OLB, and CB.

So aside from QB, which guy at those positions would you have preferred at 6? 

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

So aside from QB, which guy at those positions would you have preferred at 6? 

I would have taken Mahomes, but it's really irrelevant what I would have done.

If you don't like what's staring at you at six, then you trade down (even if you don't like the trade value) until you can match "BAP" with a real position of need. This is particularly easy when you're a terrible team and have massive holes at the most important positions on the football field. Safety is not a difficult position to fill. Why waste your most valuable asset on it? This "best available player" nonsense needs to account for positions that are more valuable than others but in the retarded world of Mike Maccagnan, it doesn't.

This BAP crap gets us into more trouble than it should. We had to run our previous first round pick out of town (Richardson) and trade him for a second rounder because our dipsh*t general manager couldn't figure how not to draft a good player at a position he was already stacked at. Think about that. He gave up an asset for pennies on the dollar because he was incapable of not drafting someone at the same position.

Lastly, I'm sure the Jaguars had Jamal Adams rated higher than Fournette, but they didn't just blindly draft Adams because I'm guessing someone in the organization had the understanding that drafting safeties so high is bad business. Maybe it also occurred to them that Jamal Adams wasn't going to score them three touchdowns against the Steelers to put them in the AFC championship game.

Archived