The anniversary of the divisional round BEATDOWN of the Pats

Patriot Killa

1 minute ago, tkiss24 said:

Again, they did very little to develop him. Are you saying the red yellow green lights counted as development? I would disagree. How is it that Sanchez completed 55% of his passes as a jet and then he goes to philly and completes 64%? I’m not saying Sanchez would have or could have been a hall of famer but had he been developed properly he could have been better

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He could have been better but still not better than league average at best. There is a reason he is barely holding on to a spot in the league. He just wasn't that good. He had his moments on some really strong teams but he wasn't a franchise QB.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, tkiss24 said:

Again, they did very little to develop him. Are you saying the red yellow green lights counted as development? I would disagree. How is it that Sanchez completed 55% of his passes as a jet and then he goes to philly and completes 64%? I’m not saying Sanchez would have or could have been a hall of famer but had he been developed properly he could have been better

So we just aren’t going to acknowledge the fact he was still throwing 2 interceptions a game with Philly? 

11 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He could have been better but still not better than league average at best. There is a reason he is barely holding on to a spot in the league. He just wasn't that good. He had his moments on some really strong teams but he wasn't a franchise QB.

Yeah that 64% really counted In The last 4 games that made the Eagles NOT go to the playoffs when they were set up to clinch a birth before the starter got hurt. Mark prevented a perfectly talented team from the playoffs by none other than losing when it counted. They need to open their eyes. He couldn’t beat out Trevor Sieman or rookie Paxton Lynch.. he couldn’t beat out Mike Glennon or rookie Mitch T.

33 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

do you remember who his Wrs were?

they were built via the draft, FA and trades.  They had a 4 year window. 

Year 1 we got Favre'd

year 2 we had 2nd half lead in title game

year 3 we had a chance at the end of the title game

year 4 we blew it down the stretch in reg season

A window is nothing more than a window. It wasnt sustainable, especially with Sanchez at quarterback.

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Yeah that 64% really counted In The last 4 games that made the Eagles NOT go to the playoffs when they were set up to clinch a birth before the starter got hurt. Mark prevented a perfectly talented team from the playoffs by none other than losing when it counted. They need to open their eyes. He couldn’t beat out Trevor Sieman or rookie Paxton Lynch.. he couldn’t beat out Mike Glennon or rookie Mitch T.

Agreed

5 hours ago, tkiss24 said:

Yes the lights were.  Because Sanchez was either too lazy or too dumb to learn the plays otherwise.  The Jets having to dumb down the play book for Sanchez isn't proof that they did nothing for him.  When else have you heard of something this drastic being needed to help a QB? 

How is it that Sanchez went to Philly and took over a team that was 6-2 and missed the playoffs?  How fitting was it that his and the teams season failed and ended in a Sanchez INT?  But he completed a few passes.  Nice.

Another "poor Sanchez, he could have been a contender, if only he was developed properly", excuse.  

The very worst thing the jets did with mark Sanchez was to coddle him to death rather than have a tough love approach.  He needed to be slapped down hard early on especially after the 1st two years of success he had with the team.

The guy showed at times he could be a player, he threw the ball well at times but was really never accountable for bad play.  thus the moment the team put more on him as a starter and the rest of the team eroded (defense, oline, running game) he utterly failed.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

thus the moment the team put more on him as a starter and the rest of the team eroded (defense, oline, running game) he utterly failed.

Agree but wouldn't that happen to almost any QB who was surrounded with quality players at multiple positions.

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree but wouldn't that happen to almost any QB who was surrounded with quality players at multiple positions.

Not for true franchise QBS, they carry their teams in the years in between builds, that is why if you get a true franchise guys teams make the playoffs or are in good contention to do so each and every year.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not for true franchise QBS, they carry their teams in the years in between builds, that is why if you get a true franchise guys teams make the playoffs or are in good contention to do so each and every year.

Very few are able to do this and we draft so poorly. 

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

yes b/c he did botch the QB move in 2008, if we keep Chad we win the division and have a real SB shot but the other years Brady was healthy and you are always playing for 2nd when Brady is healthy yet in 2009 and 2010 we advanced further than Brady including beating Brady on his homefield in the div rd. he gave us multiple chances to get to SBs, we came close but couldn't quite get over the hump. it sure beats what we have seen since he left.

Chad! ? He single handily cost us both division round games he was in and also the dolphins WC game. Chad topped out at wild card round, was a sure loser any further.

Holy sh*t the Sanchez debate AGAIN??

He sucked, guys.  Whether we botched his development or not, he sucked.  We handed him the # 1 offensive line, # 1 defense and running game, and he still sucked.  He sucked even worse when those advantages were gone. He was a slow processor who set an NFL record for the most turnovers over a 4-year period.  Even more than Joey Harrington, who also sucked, and who Detroit Lions fans long ago recognized he sucked.

It's more than possible for the Jets to suck at what they do AND for the player to suck too.  Remember, we're the Jets.  Drafting sucky players is what we do.  Stop with the tinfoil conspiracy theories to somehow explain how he could have been good.  He was never good, never was going to be good, no matter what.  

He sucked at Philly (with QB whisperer Chip Kelly, who got Nick Foles to throw 27 TD's and just 2 picks), sucked at Denver (where he lost his job to a 7th round pick), and sucked in Dallas (where he was the 3rd stringer).  He'll suck in the CFL too, if the Saskatchewan Roughriders give him a chance.  

Just stop.  Please.  9 years of this bullsh*t.  

31 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The very worst thing the jets did with mark Sanchez was

The very worst thing the jets did with Mark Sanchez was hand him a contract extension.  The 2nd worst thing they did was move up in the draft to take him in the first place.  

Unlike 2015 or 2017, 2009 would have been the right time to go with a veteran QB.  Fantastic O-Line and defense left over from the Mangini era and HC with no ability to work with QB's....pairing all that with a rookie QB who had only played 1 year in college was a terrible strategy.  

Sanchez sucked, and there was nothing we could have done to make his suckitude any worse.  

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The very worst thing the jets did with Mark Sanchez was hand him a contract extension.  The 2nd worst thing they did was move up in the draft to take him in the first place.  

Unlike 2015 or 2017, 2009 would have been the right time to go with a veteran QB.  Fantastic O-Line and defense left over from the Mangini era and HC with no ability to work with QB's....pairing all that with a rookie QB who had only played 1 year in college was a terrible strategy.  

Sanchez sucked, and there was nothing we could have done to make his suckitude any worse.  

I do not disagree with any of this, I never liked Sanchez even before he was drafted but the NY Jets back then and even now have zero clue how to develop a young QB.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I do not disagree with any of this, I never liked Sanchez even before he was drafted but the NY Jets back then and even now have zero clue how to develop a young QB.

Only QB's capable of playing at the NFL level can be "developed".  Guys like Andy Dalton, Matthew Stafford, Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston.....Those are guys who can benefit and develop in a good system, coach, or surrounding talent.  

QB's with superior ability don't have all that much to gain from his environment.  Super-computers with accurate arms like Brady, Rodgers, and Brees....those are autonomous players who can be mostly left alone to do what they do.  They might learn something early in their careers, but later on, they're mostly on their own.  Certainly Brady benefited greatly from Belichick, but I think Belichick gained more by having Brady than the other way around.

Sh*t QB's like Mark Sanchez, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart....and especially ones with bad attitudes and maturity issues like JaMarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, or Johnny Manziel.....there's really no helping those guys.  No matter how good the talent around them or the coaching, they're going to suck.  The best you can do is play "Hide the QB" and hope that the other 52 guys on the roster can carry said sh*t QB.  But eventually, their suckitude will always be exposed, and GM's/HC's lose their jobs over it.  

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I yield the rest of my time to @Bleedin Green for the Chad Pennington portion of the debate.

Pennington had neither an arm nor a spine, but a mind clever enough to convince stupid people those were good things (after all, it was an honor from what we've been told).

Sanchez had an arm and a spine, but a mind that was not capable of understanding how to properly use either of them.

The one thing they do have in common:  some of the Jets' sadly "best" seasons were highlighted by the complete incompetence of them both being too much for the team's top level defenses and run games to overcome.

For the TL;DR version, there's a few thousand page encyclopedia that exists titled: "All of the Fact-Based Reasons Why Chad and Sanchez Both Sucked Ass" by Bleedin Green.

It's so embarrassing to be associated w/ Jet fans, we have so little success and we can't appreciate it.  We need to tear down the coaches, players, teams, etc... I really feel bad for all the miserable people.  You guys must be fun in real life.

Watching the game in the 4th quarter, I remember going online to buy tickets for the Championship Game.  Called my son who was in college at the time - asked him if he could get away the next weekend for a road trip.  I had everything ready to go, picked out the tickets I wanted at price I was willing to pay, I wouldn't hit the enter key until the game was over.  Didn't want to jinx anything.

Looking back, I am happy I went to Pittsburgh, but that was a tough one to sit through.  Nothing was worse than sitting on a shuttle bus full of Steeler fans heading back to the hotel after the game. They weren't loud or obnoxious or anything, they were pretty subdoed.  It was as if they had won just another regular season game.  Going to the SB had become routine for them.  I hate Steeler fans.  Brutal.

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Watching the game in the 4th quarter, I remember going online to buy tickets for the Championship Game.  Called my son who was in college at the time - asked him if he could get away the next weekend for a road trip.  I had everything ready to go, picked out the tickets I wanted at price I was willing to pay, I wouldn't hit the enter key until the game was over.  Didn't want to jinx anything.

Looking back, I am happy I went to Pittsburgh, but that was a tough one to sit through.  Nothing was worse than sitting on a shuttle bus full of Steeler fans heading back to the hotel after the game. They weren't loud or obnoxious or anything, they were pretty subdoed.  It was as if they had won just another regular season game.  Going to the SB had become routine for them.  I hate Steeler fans.  Brutal.

I went to that game too, I thought the atmosphere was pretty disappointing.  The Pats fans were a million times louder the week before and they were standing all game long.  The Pitt fans I thought were blah, an overrated atmosphere.

It wasn't a fun trip home but I am glad I went, I remember thinking how fun it would be to host a championship game and as hoping we could do that the next year.  well, hopefully some day we get to experience that.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

It's so embarrassing to be associated w/ Jet fans, we have so little success and we can't appreciate it.  We need to tear down the coaches, players, teams, etc... I really feel bad for all the miserable people.  You guys must be fun in real life.

Blah blah ungrateful blah blah Mark Sanchez blah blah wont bring up mind altering life scarring interceptions blah blah 

be quiet already lol. This thread was suppose to be happy times and reflection.

THNKZ GUISE!

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Shut your mouth you 12 year old child.  The grown ups are having a conversation.

SAR I

Adults sure talk in a belittling manner to other people based on age, don’t they? So adult of you.

Way to let your personalikity shine through your posts. You seem like a real cl ass act.

clown

Archived