And this should be our new O.C.

jetspenguin

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Highly regarded by pretty much everyone

Find me something that Roethlisberger doesn’t constantly bitch about. He’s the biggest diva at the position, hands down. He’s been throwing guys like Tomlin and Haley under the bus for years now despite Haley consistently orchestrating Top 5 offenses.

I don’t give a rats ass about him being a dick who can rub some people the wrong way. I care about results. Besides, hasn’t this fanbase been begging for hardass disciplinarian coaches for years now? 

Haley certainly fits the bill and has the resume to back it up.

Links? You should have some if you are going to type away and say the world universally thinks Haley is this great offensive mind because he happens to have Ben Roethlisberger who btw has criticized him publicly as recently as this year saying he can’t audible to certain plays

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Links? You should have some if you are going to type away and say the world universally thinks Haley is this great offensive mind because he happens to have Ben Roethlisberger who btw has criticized him publicly as recently as this year saying he can’t audible to certain plays

Haley was highly regarded as an offensive mind before he ever even stepped foot in Pittsburgh. How the hell do you think he got the HC job in Kansas City?

By the way, before Haley went to Pitt, it was Bruce Arians who Ben was bitching about behind the scenes and ran out of town. 

Maybe Big Ben is just a big ol’ emotional puss?

Just now, Untouchable said:

Haley was highly regarded as an offensive mind before he ever even stepped foot in Pittsburgh. How the hell do you think he got the HC job in Kansas City?

By the way, before Haley went to Pitt, it was Bruce Arians who Ben was bitching about behind the scenes and ran out of town. 

It was the fans who were bitching about Arians not Ben and that was because they thought he threw the ball too much 

19 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Highly regarded by pretty much everyone

Find me something that Roethlisberger doesn’t constantly bitch about. He’s the biggest diva at the position, hands down. He’s been throwing guys like Tomlin and Haley under the bus for years now despite Haley consistently orchestrating Top 5 offenses.

I don’t give a rats ass about him being a dick who can rub some people the wrong way. I care about results. Besides, hasn’t this fanbase been begging for hardass disciplinarian coaches for years now? 

Haley certainly fits the bill and has the resume to back it up.

Ehhh, I think Brady may have him beat, but its close. 

15 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Big Ben the douche.

21 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Let someone else pay Leveon. He never plays a full season. I'm of the school of thought that you don't give RBs their 3rd contract if you're a decently run org.

Draft a RB, QB and WR. Go to FA to round out the defense, also draft a QB.

In a nutshell:

• Sign Kirk Cousins 
  • Sign Jarvis Landry
  • Sign Carlos Hyde or Rex Burkhead
  • Sign Morris Claiborne
  • Sign Malcolm Butler
  • Sign Ziggy Ansah 
  • Trade back 3-5 spots in R1, Draft Quentin Nelson
  • R2 Draft Luke Falk
  • R2 Draft Sony Michel (or one of the other excellent RBs in this draft, with pick acquired in trade back)
  • R2 Draft Harold Landry or one of the CBs

I would sign up for that off season.. And I think we have the $$$ to sign all those FA's

22 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Let someone else pay Leveon. He never plays a full season. I'm of the school of thought that you don't give RBs their 3rd contract if you're a decently run org.

Draft a RB, QB and WR. Go to FA to round out the defense, also draft a QB.

In a nutshell:

• Sign Kirk Cousins 
  • Sign Jarvis Landry
  • Sign Carlos Hyde or Rex Burkhead
  • Sign Morris Claiborne
  • Sign Malcolm Butler
  • Sign Ziggy Ansah 
  • Trade back 3-5 spots in R1, Draft Quentin Nelson
  • R2 Draft Luke Falk
  • R2 Draft Sony Michel (or one of the other excellent RBs in this draft, with pick acquired in trade back)
  • R2 Draft Harold Landry or one of the CBs

Need more help on the offensive line but this would certainly still get a thumbs up... I'd use a 2nd on a tackle over a RB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/21/report-browns-engaged-in-serious-talks-with-todd-haley/

Report: Browns engaged in “serious talks” with Todd Haley

Posted by Josh Alper on January 21, 2018, 12:21 PM EST
631782642-e1516555282816.jpg?w=373&h=271
Getty Images

Todd Haley won’t be back for another season as the Steelers offensive coordinator, but he may be back in the AFC North.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Browns have engaged Haley in “serious talks” about joining Hue Jackson’s staff as offensive coordinator.

Jackson did not have an offensive coordinator on his staff during the 2017 season, but the team is planning to hire one heading into next season. They have spoken to Texans quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan and former Giants coach Ben McAdoo and a report last week indicated former Titans coach Mike Mularkey may also be on their radar.

Haley spent six years running the offense in Pittsburgh and also served as the Cardinals’ offensive coordinator for two years before becoming the Chiefs’ head coach in 2009.

4 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/21/report-browns-engaged-in-serious-talks-with-todd-haley/

Report: Browns engaged in “serious talks” with Todd Haley

Posted by Josh Alper on January 21, 2018, 12:21 PM EST
631782642-e1516555282816.jpg?w=373&h=271
Getty Images

Todd Haley won’t be back for another season as the Steelers offensive coordinator, but he may be back in the AFC North.

Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the Browns have engaged Haley in “serious talks” about joining Hue Jackson’s staff as offensive coordinator.

Jackson did not have an offensive coordinator on his staff during the 2017 season, but the team is planning to hire one heading into next season. They have spoken to Texans quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan and former Giants coach Ben McAdoo and a report last week indicated former Titans coach Mike Mularkey may also be on their radar.

Haley spent six years running the offense in Pittsburgh and also served as the Cardinals’ offensive coordinator for two years before becoming the Chiefs’ head coach in 2009.

Thank god ha

On 1/17/2018 at 6:40 PM, Untouchable said:

He’s been regarded as one of the best OC’s in the business for over a decade now and has HC experience.

Runs a balanced offense and loves to take shots downfield.

You’re telling me that you prefer Morton to that?

100%.

We have no OC, Bowles is on a short leash and has no 'coat tails' to bring in anyone on his own, other than guys like Gailey,Morton and Bates some of whom had been out of the game for a few years.

I didn't hate Morton, would have liked to have seen what he could do with a QB and some talent...but now that he's gone?  Who is clamoring for the NYJ OC position?

Haley might come just for the potential opportunity to be HC in the near future.

Archived