JETS FIRE OC JOHN MORTON (MERGED)

JetFreak89

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, The Walrus said:

He wasn't a disaster and considering what we had to work with not sure why. My only gripe was always running on 1st down, that needed attention but the rest seemed ok.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times on first down I screamed... For the love of GOD can you at least play action ONCE.....  OH wait I can tell you how many times on first down I screamed that.... ALL OF THEM....   He was ok. but I am ok with this move

It might just be a personality clash. His results seemed fine for what he had, nothing great but not sackable. This forum hasn't been clammering for his head which says something. Maybe with the Gruden situation they didn't feel like he was long term committed. 

I suspect this isn't performance related.

Just now, The Walrus said:

It might just be a personality clash. His results seemed fine for what he had, nothing great but not sackable. This forum hasn't been clammering for his head which says something. Maybe with the Gruden situation they didn't feel like he was long term committed. 

I suspect this isn't performance related.

I think maybe his admittance of giving up after the Denver game was the split

Makes perfect sense, the offense was the big overachieving part of this year.  Thus it had to go.  Bowles is such an idiotic scrub.

As i've said many times, OC is by far the worst job in all of football. 

Meanwhile dingle balls underachievers Rogers and bowles sit pretty.

The Jets have almost no real talent on the offensive side of the ball.

12 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Remember when Chan Gailey actually cobbled together an above average offense in 2015? Fitzwhatshisname was the 12th ranked QB per FO. Morton didn’t do that last year, this guy isn’t/wasn’t some savior on offense. IIRC this 2017 was something like 23rd in the league and the QB play went down from that high in 2015.

On top of that some of these playoff coaches on offense are *very* young. McVay, DePhillipo, McDaniels is a two time HCat just 41, etc....Go that route. 

Are you kidding?  The guy had virtually nothing to work with and we have put almost no resources into the offense the last 10 years and he got a jag Qb to be the team mvp.  He was darn right heroic.

Meanwhile the precious defense in which almost all resources have gone into for 10 years once again fell on its ass for the most part.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Are you kidding?  The guy had virtually nothing to work with and we have put almost no resources into the offense the last 10 years and he got a jag Qb to be the team mvp.  He was darn right heroic.

Meanwhile the precious defense in which almost all resources have gone into for 10 years once again fell on its ass for the most part.

And two years ago they made it work better than Morton did this year. Seems pretty cut and dry to me 

Wtf?!? This is dumb. Morton was the best thing for OC we have had in a while. Our problem is our dumb HC stuck in 80’s era football. We have our Jeff Fisher in Bowles.  

Too bad I really liked Morton and his modern day style offense. Had we had a decent QB, no Matt forte and a little better OLine we would have been fine on offense 

I think all this ignoring of metrics and propping up of Morton is making me think that Bowles is a better coach than the hype here. I mean this is pretty blatant, as always. The offense wasn’t good last year and has actually been good previously under the current HC, legit the only good offense since 8 weeks in 2008. 

36 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Per Manish, confirmed by Schefter. Crazy! So much for continuity. 

So.

Very.

Jetsy.

Bowles, who sucks, and whose Defense sucks, stays.

Morton, probably the best O-Co we've seen in a while.....gone, scapegoat.

Maximum Jetsy.

2 minutes ago, Blaq218 said:

It is so hard rooting for this team.

Some days, aye.

Archived