JETS FIRE OC JOHN MORTON (MERGED)

JetFreak89

16 hours ago, johnnysd said:

510 passes and 427 is about as balanced as a 5-11 team will ever be. Bowles wants a heavily run first offense apparently which does not work in the NFL

Bowles just took his play book from the 1986 Washington Redskins. 

Ground and pound baby, he's another one who's more bothered about making his defences stats look good, then scoring points and winning games.

Rex was like this to a total fossil.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I agree with you, but under Morton Petty was worse. So, he made a bad QB, worse. He couldn't even maintain Petty's level of suckiness. But, maybe that comes down to Morton making a very big point of him not being a QB guru. Frankly, I think being a QB guru is a really important quality in an OC since the QB is an extension of the OC on the field.

This is the dumbest theory I have ever seen on this board lol. Our best target from 16 Enuwa was missing this yr, forte was half the back he was last yr. petty attempted only 20 more throws in 16 than he did this yr, yet he had 7 picks in 16, only 3 this yr. He sucked both yrs man. Don’t make up laughable bs. 

On 1/19/2018 at 9:52 PM, varjet said:

I think the billboards and banners are coming back.  

Jalen Saunders was Idzik's undoing.  Hack and Anderson could be Mac's.   

You bring up a fair point. If Jets fans are not satisfied with maccagnan as some suggest on here, where are the banners and billboards

On 1/19/2018 at 11:36 AM, johnnysd said:

510 passes and 427 is about as balanced as a 5-11 team will ever be. Bowles wants a heavily run first offense apparently which does not work in the NFL

Especially when you're 5-11 & mostly trailing in games requiring you to pass just to catch up...  because bowles' "vaunted" "D" did such a great job & the "O" line created those gaping holes for the rb's to run through with ease. 

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

You bring up a fair point. If Jets fans are not satisfied with maccagnan as some suggest on here, where are the banners and billboards

Please read my post.  It said they are COMING back in the future tense.

If the Jets bomb 2018 without a rookie Qb to blame it on, the billboards and banners will come back.  I will chip in.

Just now, varjet said:

Please read my post.  It said they are COMING back in the future tense.

If the Jets bomb 2018 without a rookie Qb to blame it on, the billboards and banners will come back.  I will chip in.

That I do agree with. But the question is if Macc has been as bad as people here claim he is, why aren’t they out already

44 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Especially when you're 5-11 & mostly trailing in games requiring you to pass just to catch up...  because bowles' "vaunted" "D" did such a great job & the "O" line created those gaping holes for the rb's to run through with ease. 

The differentiation between the outside view and the inside views of this team are fascinating.

5 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

That I do agree with. But the question is if Macc has been as bad as people here claim he is, why aren’t they out already

I think that is a good question.  I think Jet fans cared more with Idzik.  We have been beaten down a bit.  

Mac has been that bad.  Did you see Myles Jack play today?  Deion Jones last week?  We got Darron Lee.  Anyone with any-type or injury comes off of Mac’s board-he does not do the work to see if it is recoverable.   His picks are generally ultra conservative.  

Archived