Calling Mogglez......

section314

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Co-signed thread by a mod. Think he is in the clear bro. But I sure hope Mogglez doesn’t get upset at the lack of discipline by this board. My boy was seriously just CALLED OUT. ..that isn’t cool @Sperm Edwards do your job.

More like just #failure and nothing more. It's clear JW had no idea what the thread was about but wanted to be on what he thought would be the mob's side for a change.

Hardly ban worthy.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

More like just #failure and nothing more. It's clear JW had no idea what the thread was about but wanted to be on what he thought would be the mob's side for a change.

Hardly ban worthy.

sucking the knob of the mob will never get you a nod from the mods.

Thats what i always say.

36 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hardly ban worthy.

Wait a damn minute my post was sheerly a statement that calling someone out never ends well and usually winds up being a battle. 

Not sticking up for anyone as I never do and certainly not part of anyones mob. 

Please don't put words in my mouth or wrongfully accuse me of anything. 

Thanks 

joewilly12 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait a damn minute my post was sheerly a statement that calling someone out never ends well and usually winds up being a battle. 

Thanks 

joewilly12 

You still don’t get the point of the thread lolz

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

You still don’t get the point of the thread lolz

No I don't I'm guessing it has something to do with the firing of John Morton. 

Im not here to join mobs, demonstrate,organize or protest. 

Im here to talk NY Jets football and thats it. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

No I don't I'm guessing it has something to do with the firing of John Morton. 

Im not here to join mobs, demonstrate,organize or protest. 

Im here to talk NY Jets football and thats it. 

Mogglez has insiders in the Jet building. The OP was calling for Mogglez to see if he had some sort of source to what happened behind the scenes of the firing. He wasn’t calling him out in a negative manner. He was calling ON him..lol

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mogglez has insiders in the Jet building. The OP was calling for Mogglez to see if he had some sort of source to what happens behind the scenes. He wasn’t calling him out in a negative manner. He was calling ON him..lol

Oh ok thanks for the interpretation appreciate it. No harm meant to anyone. 

Total misunderstanding. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Thanks 

joewilly12 

Stop being a whiny bitch

8 hours ago, section314 said:

Can you add anything to what just transpired?

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

+1

I can shed some light, to a degree.  I've been at work all day and finally got my first break.  Sorry for taking so long guys, lol. 

Manish, for once, got it right with whoever his source is.  Things between the coaches (and team in general - players, FO guys, etc.) started off very nicely, but towards the end of the season it became clear that they didn't see eye to eye on how the offense should be run.  I'm not here to defend Todd Bowles.  I think my views on him are clear by my other posts here.  However, the narrative that he wants a run first coordinator from the 1940's, ala Rex Ryan, isn't true.  Bowles wants a balanced attack.  Problem is that many people got the feeling that Morton was, simply, way too pass happy.  I'm not sure if I feel that way personally, but I can see it and even said that I would like to see more of the ground game in year 2.  Personally, I thought the guy did a pretty good job given the ingredients and the fact that he was a first timer.  

The other part of it is that Morton was not even remotely close to being Todd's first choice for the job. Word of Haley becoming an option changed things very fast over the last few days.  The Steelers officially letting him walk all but solidified Morton's fate.  If DeFilippo doesn't get a HC job, he will almost certainly be "the guy", but from what I've heard, Haley isn't far off.  The thought process is now there are 2 potential outside coaches that the team views as a clear upgrade available.  More importantly, they are 2 guys who also run offenses that Bowles would prefer to run.  With that in play, it became a "can't lose" for the team because even if they miss out on 1, they can, likely, get the other.  I'm not going to lie: I'm not a Todd Haley fan.  Guy comes off as an abrasive, Grade-A, jerk-off and he gets way too cute with his play calling for my liking.  That said...he's one hell of a coach.  Especially when it comes to coaching up WRs.  Another "dark-horse" candidate that I name dropped a while back to @Paradis is Harold Goodwin, Arians's former OC.  Only problem with Goodwin, who I personally like, is that we would have to wait for Arizona to sort their sh*t out in terms of HC and who knows if he even gets let go by whoever they choose.  He's well respected in the league.

As far as QBs go, Bates is the golden man for that job, even if he doesn't get promoted (which I'd say actually has a 50/50 shot of happening as of right now).  I don't think he's going anywhere for a hot minute.  Something to watch if he does get promoted and something I've heard a lot over the course of the last month when all this John Morton sh*t started: Bates has a great connection and relationship with Mike Shanahan, the man who drafted Kirk Cousins and who Kirk is still close with to this day, along with Shanny Jr.  Hell, that's who we pried him from last year (he was working as a coach in Mike's QB camp/organization).  Bates also called plays for Shanny in '08 when Jay Cutler notched a Pro Bowl selection and the Broncos held the NFL's second-most productive offense (1st in the entire AFC).  The offense he likes to run is essentially the same as Mike/Kyle's (which I LOVE).  That will almost definitely be something we include in a pitch to Kirk if Bates takes the job.

****Finally home from work as of 3AM.  Edited to add more details****

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can shed some light, to a degree.  I've been at work all day and finally got my first break.  Sorry for taking so long guys, lol. 

Manish, for once, got it right with whoever his source is.  Things between the coaches (and team in general) started off very nicely, but towards the end of the season it became clear that they didn't see eye to eye on how the offense should be run.  I'm not here to defend Todd Bowles.  I think my views on him are clear by other posts here.  However, the narrative that he wants a run first coordinator from the 1940's, ala Rex Ryan, isn't true.  Bowles wants a balanced attack.  Problem is that many people got the feeling that Morton was, simply, way too pass happy.  I'm not sure if I feel that way personally, but I can see it and even said that I would like to see more of the ground game in year 2.  Personally, I thought the guy did a pretty good job given the ingredients and the fact that he was a first timer.  

The other part of it is that he was not Todd's first choice.  Haley becoming an option changed things very fast over the last few days.  If DeFilippo doesn't get a HC job, he will almost certainly be "the guy", but from what I've heard, Haley isn't far off.  The thought process is now there are 2 potential coaches that the team views as a clear upgrade available.  More importantly, they are 2 guys who run offenses that Bowles would prefer to run.  I'm not going to lie: I'm not a Todd Haley fan.  Guy comes off as an abrasive, Grade-A, jerk-off and he gets way too cute with his play calling for my liking.  That said...he's one hell of a coach.  Especially when it comes to coaching up WRs.  Another "dark-horse" candidate that I name dropped a while back to @Paradis is Harold Goodwin, Arians's former OC.

As far as QBs go, Bates is the golden man for that job, even if he doesn't get promoted.  I don't think he's going anywhere for a hot minute.

I have low expectaions but I thought Morton did a better job with the offense than Bowles did with the defense. The defense having ate up all our draft capital for God knows how long. Todd Haley is awful. I'm sure he's our guy

18 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Manish, for once, got it right with whoever his source is.  Things between the coaches (and team in general) started off very nicely, but towards the end of the season it became clear that they didn't see eye to eye on how the offense should be run.  I'm not here to defend Todd Bowles.  I think my views on him are clear by other posts here.  However, the narrative that he wants a run first coordinator from the 1940's, ala Rex Ryan, isn't true.  Bowles wants a balanced attack.  Problem is that many people got the feeling that Morton was, simply, way too pass happy.  I'm not sure if I feel that way personally, but I can see it and even said that I would like to see more of the ground game in year 2.  Personally, I thought the guy did a pretty good job given the ingredients and the fact that he was a first timer.  

The other part of it is that he was not Todd's first choice.  Haley becoming an option changed things very fast over the last few days.  If DeFilippo doesn't get a HC job, he will almost certainly be "the guy", but from what I've heard, Haley isn't far off.  The thought process is now there are 2 potential coaches that the team views as a clear upgrade available.  More importantly, they are 2 guys who run offenses that Bowles would prefer to run.  I'm not going to lie: I'm not a Todd Haley fan.  Guy comes off as an abrasive, Grade-A, jerk-off and he gets way too cute with his play calling for my liking.  That said...he's one hell of a coach.  Especially when it comes to coaching up WRs.  Another "dark-horse" candidate that I name dropped a while back to @Paradis is Harold Goodwin, Arians's former OC.

As far as QBs go, Bates is the golden man for that job, even if he doesn't get promoted.  I don't think he's going anywhere for a hot minute.

Mogglez coming through!

But how will Haley’s personality pair with Rosen’s after they trade up for him ?. 

53 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I sort of feel the same way, thought he did alright but don't feel like we are doomed by him leaving. I liked him to help with selecting a QB this offseason but if DeFilippo or Haley come in then I have no problem with the move. I like that Bates will stay as our QB coach I think he will be a big piece in this puzzle for our future QB as well.

33 minutes ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Excuse me for asking but what connections does Mogglez have to team that gives him this insider information? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful what you ask for. You might end up sitting in on Bowles team meetings. ? 

6 hours ago, Larz said:

I would think 1 key to having good sources is not talking about it on the innerwebz 

As I've said in the past, nothing I share hasn't been run by my guy and "approved" to be shared first.  This one was pretty easy since Manish's account of what went down is pretty much the real deal (shocking, I know, lol).  Don't take this reply the wrong way either, I'm not calling you out or challenging you, I'm just clarifying because this is something that I've been asked before and I figured this is a good way to clear the air up.  I've been pressed for certain things from peeps and have had to withhold because it's playing with fire in terms of the details that would have to be put out.  My source is also a very good friend of mine and I would never put his career at risk.  He loves working for this team.

4 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Mogglez coming through!

But how will Haley’s personality pair with Rosen’s after they trade up for him ?. 

They'll probably kill each other by the end of rookie mini-camp, hahaha ?.

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Manish, for once, got it right with whoever his source is.  Things between the coaches (and team in general - players, FO guys, etc.) started off very nicely, but towards the end of the season it became clear that they didn't see eye to eye on how the offense should be run.  I'm not here to defend Todd Bowles.  I think my views on him are clear by my other posts here.  However, the narrative that he wants a run first coordinator from the 1940's, ala Rex Ryan, isn't true.  Bowles wants a balanced attack.  Problem is that many people got the feeling that Morton was, simply, way too pass happy.  I'm not sure if I feel that way personally, but I can see it and even said that I would like to see more of the ground game in year 2.  Personally, I thought the guy did a pretty good job given the ingredients and the fact that he was a first timer.  

The other part of it is that Morton was not even remotely close to being Todd's first choice for the job. Word of Haley becoming an option changed things very fast over the last few days.  The Steelers officially letting him walk all but solidified Morton's fate.  If DeFilippo doesn't get a HC job, he will almost certainly be "the guy", but from what I've heard, Haley isn't far off.  The thought process is now there are 2 potential outside coaches that the team views as a clear upgrade available.  More importantly, they are 2 guys who also run offenses that Bowles would prefer to run.  With that in play, it became a "can't lose" for the team because even if they miss out on 1, they can, likely, get the other.  I'm not going to lie: I'm not a Todd Haley fan.  Guy comes off as an abrasive, Grade-A, jerk-off and he gets way too cute with his play calling for my liking.  That said...he's one hell of a coach.  Especially when it comes to coaching up WRs.  Another "dark-horse" candidate that I name dropped a while back to @Paradis is Harold Goodwin, Arians's former OC.  Only problem with Goodwin, who I personally like, is that we would have to wait for Arizona to sort their sh*t out in terms of HC and who knows if he even gets let go by whoever they choose.  He's well respected in the league.

As far as QBs go, Bates is the golden man for that job, even if he doesn't get promoted (which I'd say actually has a 50/50 shot of happening as of right now).  I don't think he's going anywhere for a hot minute.  Something to watch if he does get promoted and something I've heard a lot over the course of the last month when all this John Morton sh*t started: Bates has a great connection and relationship with Mike Shanahan, the man who drafted Kirk Cousins and who Kirk is still close with to this day, along with Shanny Jr.  Hell, that's who we pried him from last year (he was working as a coach in Mike's QB camp/organization).  Bates also called plays for Shanny in '08 when Jay Cutler notched a Pro Bowl selection and the Broncos held the NFL's second-most productive offense (1st in the entire AFC).  The offense he likes to run is essentially the same as Mike/Kyle's (which I LOVE).  That will almost definitely be something we include in a pitch to Kirk if Bates takes the job.

****Finally home from work as of 3AM.  Edited to add more details****

Excellent post, thanks for the insight.

I don’t actually dislike this move from Bowles as like you said I don’t see him as the retrograde 1940’s style ‘3 yards and a cloud of dust’ style coach, or in our case. ‘Minus 3 yards and a cloud of dust’

That said it does concern me slightly if he(Bowles)wanted more ground game last year because from where I was looking Morton was going to the air simply because the ground game was going nowhere in so many games. There were outliers of course, a handful of games where Bilal Powell and Elijah McGuire were bustng off big runs but they were few and far between. It was usually Matt Forte running in glue into a pile of bodies for no gain or Powell/McGuire getting hit behind the line with nowhere to go. The running game was simply too inconsistent and usually dysfunctional.

Why we were dominant on the ground one week and then unable to pick up 2 yards the next is a question that needs answering this offseason. Is it the line(probably a major factor)or is it the fact that Forte in the main was done and that a more dynamic back would make the difference? Very likely a combination of both. We know Johnson was not good enough at C and Winters played hurt all year, that probably didn’t make life any easier for Carpenter or Shell either.

Anyway I felt Morton was pragmatic in his play calling because he just didn’t have the ground game, perhaps that’s as much on him as anyone and he didn’t actually do that terribly through the air, it was, up until the McCown injury and Petty taking over, the most surprisingly positive outcome of the season.

Either way I like the sound of the contenders to take over, they are genuinely exciting options. Yes Haley has a reputation as an ass but he also has a great rep as an OC(and not just excl;usively with Big Ben) and he is a vastly experienced operator with prior HC experience. DeFilippo has been consistently mentioned among the bright young names upcoming on the offensive side of the ball and Bates, as you say, is highly regarded and would at least provide some continuity. This is one occasion where we can maybe give Bowles credit for being bold and looking to improve this team and the coaching, this isn’t a conservative move.

All in all this is one move I’m prepared to give some benefit of the doubt to.

7 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Excuse me for asking but what connections does Mogglez have to team that gives him this insider information? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s works the business end of a rest stop glory hole just off of Route 3 in Lyndhurst.

15 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Getting Defillipo would be the best case scenario and would have 2 potential HC replacements that have a background in QB’s, on staff if Bowles is gone in a year or two.

The little bit that I hear on Defillipo, and that is from living in the Philadelphia area, is that he wants to walk into "perfect" situations. Define that for yourself.

Also, I have heard that he does not feel for him, that he necessarily has to be a coordinator to jump to a HC. 

Take that for all it is worth, which is not much. 

56 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The little bit that I hear on Defillipo, and that is from living in the Philadelphia area, is that he wants to walk into "perfect" situations. Define that for yourself.

Also, I have heard that he does not feel for him, that he necessarily has to be a coordinator to jump to a HC. 

Take that for all it is worth, which is not much. 

Think Bill Parcells. He either wants complete control over a desperate sh*tty situation so he can look like a hero for making progress or he wants to inherit a team ready to win now. 

11 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Think Bill Parcells. He either wants complete control over a desperate sh*tty situation so he can look like a hero for making progress or he wants to inherit a team ready to win now. 

Defillipo doesn't carry the weight (no pun intended) that Parcells does. Unless he is such a good candidate, or he really does not want to be part of the Jets org.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Defillipo doesn't carry the wight (no pun intended) that Parcells does. Unless he is such a good candidate, or he really does not want to be part of the Jets org.

That's what would make his "demands" even more head scratching. Unless of course he sees situations like the Browns or Jets as career roadblocks. 

Archived