Tom Brady ‘will play’ in AFC Championship game after injuring right hand in practice: report

Ken Schroy

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tom-brady-play-afc-championship-game-hand-injury-article-1.3763758

Patriots fans can breathe a bit easier on Thursday. The right hand injury that Tom Brady suffered during Wednesday’s practice reportedly won’t keep the quarterback from playing in Sunday’s AFC Championship Game against the Jaguars. NFL Network reported Thursday morning that a source close to Brady said his hand “should be OK,” while another source said definitively that “he will play.” Brady injured his throwing hand when a teammate accidentally ran into him during practice, according to The Boston Herald. The team said Brady did not attend a scheduled news conference Wednesday because he was meeting with the Patriots medical staff. It was New England’s first practice in preparation for its home conference title game against Jacksonville. Brady was a limited participant in practice earlier in the day.

The 40-year-old appeared on the team’s weekly injury report several times during the second half of the regular season with both an Achilles tendon and left shoulder injury. Brady has never missed a playoff start in his 18-year career.

They must be nervous in NE. I hope the Jags pound on him.

11 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

NE is going down. Hand injury or no hand injury. I think the Jags pull it off. They went into Pittsburgh and took all the Steelers had and won. The only way NE wins is if the friggin Refs win it for them........you know like they always do.

NOTHING would make me smile more....

44 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

NE is going down. Hand injury or no hand injury. I think the Jags pull it off. They went into Pittsburgh and took all the Steelers had and won. The only way NE wins is if the friggin Refs win it for them........you know like they always do.

As much as I want them to lose, Brady will do a handstand on the Jags. Same injured hand. I’ve been saying it for days the NFL playoffs have been shaped up for the Pats to win again. Only two teams could’ve beaten them. Steelers and Saints. They’re both gone, creating a clear path for Brady to start prepping his second hand for the ring. 

11 hours ago, j4jets said:

As much as I want them to lose, Brady will do a handstand on the Jags. Same injured hand. I’ve been saying it for days the NFL playoffs have been shaped up for the Pats to win again. Only two teams could’ve beaten them. Steelers and Saints. They’re both gone, creating a clear path for Brady to start prepping his second hand for the ring. 

The Jags can do it if they get a fair shake.

13 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

So you're saying NE wins.

Don't the Patriots have a habit of doing this shady thing with putting Brady on the injury list just to screw with their opponents? Nothing to see here.

But, of course, now that this narrative is out there, come game time we're gonna hear 1 of 2 things:

Brady plays well and they win: "Not even an injured hand can stop this 40 year-old. He really is something special. One of a kind. Perhaps there's something to this TB12 thing after all." (setting up TB12 to be the official whatever-the-****-it-is of the NFL in a few years)

Brady doesn't play well and they lose: "You know, not to take anything away from the Jaguars defense, but they really benefited from Brady's injury. I mean, you take away any QB's ability to throw the long ball, and the defense is gonna have a field day. No QB can sustain an injury like that to their throwing arm/hand and have a good day, but even then Brady did all he could to keep them in the game."

13 hours ago, nycdan said:

It won't be enough.  The Patriots have this guy in their pocket:

zebra_8.jpg

The Jags should've traded for Mike Glennon while they had the chance. Because the only thing that can beat a zebra is a disgruntled giraffe.

14 hours ago, j4jets said:

Does any player in NFL history have 6 rings?  Not sure but I think the answer is no.   IIRC, Charles Haley has 5 rings.  I think Brady would be the first to 6 rings (if he’s able to do it). 

13 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Does any player in NFL history have 6 rings?  Not sure but I think the answer is no.   IIRC, Charles Haley has 5 rings.  I think Brady would be the first to 6 rings (if he’s able to do it). 

Anytime someone says “ there is no way this team loses” is exactly when that team loses lol. Giants weren’t given much of a chance either times in Super Bowl. We weren’t when we beat them in div round. 

10 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Anytime someone says “ there is no way this team loses” is exactly when that team loses lol. Giants weren’t given much of a chance either times in Super Bowl. We weren’t when we beat them in div round. 

Fully agree.  But I never said he was a lock to win that 6th ring. I said “If he’s able to do it”. 

I think the Jags have the perfect formula defensively to beat the Pats...but I trust Blake Bortles about as far as I can throw his ass.

The Pats are going to stack the box against Fournette all day and dare Bortles to beat them.

Is he up to the challenge? I hope so, but I seriously doubt it.

14 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Don't the Patriots have a habit of doing this shady thing with putting Brady on the injury list just to screw with their opponents? Nothing to see here.

But, of course, now that this narrative is out there, come game time we're gonna hear 1 of 2 things:

Brady plays well and they win: "Not even an injured hand can stop this 40 year-old. He really is something special. One of a kind. Perhaps there's something to this TB12 thing after all." (setting up TB12 to be the official whatever-the-****-it-is of the NFL in a few years)

Brady doesn't play well and they lose: "You know, not to take anything away from the Jaguars defense, but they really benefited from Brady's injury. I mean, you take away any QB's ability to throw the long ball, and the defense is gonna have a field day. No QB can sustain an injury like that to their throwing arm/hand and have a good day, but even then Brady did all he could to keep them in the game."

Just drink this TB12 Magic Supplement Elixir and you, too, can grow a new hand in just a week! 

On 19/1/2018 at 3:40 AM, Spoot-Face said:

The Jags should've traded for Mike Glennon while they had the chance. Because the only thing that can beat a zebra is a disgruntled giraffe.

So let me get this straight .... Jaguars, Cheetahs, Zebras and a banged up Goat

Contrary to all known laws of nature we expect the Goat to lead the Cheetahs in a fight against the Jaguars. If the Jaguars are winning the fight the Zebras will intervene to ensure the Goat and the Cheetahs defeat the Jaguars .... that’s pretty f*cked up.

Archived