Kiper's Mock 1.0 (JN server would crash)

prime21

3 minutes ago, BigO said:

But he could be mentored by Skrine. How invaluable would this opportunity be for him. We could just keep drafting safeties and plug them in all over the place. Box safeties, hybrid safties, cover safeties. We could draft rb’s, wr’s, qb’s and convert them to safties. Just think of the possibilities. You can never have enough safties. Better to be safe than sorry. 

Thank you for this post lol. Some Bowles supporters and definitely Todd Bowles himself would like this post a million times ha. I almost had it with this team. I did like Rex because his version of “ only D” actually almost worked. Twice. We just had a sh*t qb. Todd Bowles is trying to be Rex, especially even when we draft 80% D every yr, but our D still sucks. I was a two yr starter on D in HS, yet despite my D loving history I still realize offense needs is what drives the NFl. There is a reason why the pass happy pats, Saints, pitt, ect are always right there. But Todd Bowles knows better than Sean Payton and Bill bellicheck apparently ??

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’d never forgive this team if they picked a corner at 6. But hey, don’t be so sure Cleveland doesn’t trade out of #1 slot rather than #4 based on the fact they will get a lot more compensation and pick only 3 picks later .. Dorsey is a good GM .. i’m Sure he sees the depth at HB and has witnessed every solid back get taken on the 2-3rd rounds last year. Have new found hope for the QB draft class route if Cleveland gets Kirk Cousins because it really is possible. 

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I’d never forgive this team if they picked a corner at 6. But hey, don’t be so sure Cleveland doesn’t trade out of #1 slot rather than #4 based on the fact they will get a lot more compensation and pick only 3 picks later .. Dorsey is a good GM .. i’m Sure he sees the depth at HB and has witnessed every solid back get taken on the 2-3rd rounds last year. Have new found hope for the QB draft class route if Cleveland gets Kirk Cousins because it really is possible. 

The following yr we can pick another olb, or DL in first round in 19. Then pick another cb in 2020? Let’s keep repeating this proven draft method ?

13 minutes ago, BigO said:

This. That. We are not signing Cousins. Get it through your heads, he’s not coming to a dysfunctional team lacking talent. He wants to win and he’s in his prime and he has his pick of the litter. Cleveland likes to trade their picks. But there’s a new sheriff in town and he may change that style. Still, If they draft a QB, it would be wise for them to trade #4 and add picks. We trade with Browns, take Mayfield and don’t look back. 

Come on bro. A team that has had 6 OCs in 8 yrs?! led by a Defensive guru who doesn’t draft offense  ? That is a star qbs dream ??

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

The following yr we can pick another olb, or DL in first round in 19. Then pick another cb in 2020? Let’s keep repeating this proven draft method ?

Lol ..wouldn’t doubt if this is a thought in the front offices heads... but hopefully they realize what really needs to be done...because this offense has been anemic for faaarrr too long. First 3 rounds really need to be offensive talent if they want to even have a shot at turning it around on that side of the ball. 

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Lol ..wouldn’t doubt if this is a thought in the front offices heads... but hopefully they realize what really needs to be done...because this offense has been anemic for faaarrr too long. First 3 rounds really need to be offensive talent if they want to even have a shot at turning it around on that side of the ball. 

Do you remember the outrage of slightly overreaching and drafting Dbrick ? And then grabbing mangold in top of 2nd? If a gm had done that while Rex or Bowles was coach they would have been shot to death by these crazy D gurus ha. Then they Both were quietly the anchor of our offense for next decade. We patched some pieces around them, but their starting building block was major key to our success during their career.

10 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

it would be a gross irresponsible use of resources, for a team with no qb, no rb, no true #1 wr and no stud on the offensive line.  it's absurd to even consider it.

Sounds Exactly why the jets Are the jets...   :/

19 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Do you remember the outrage of slightly overreaching and drafting Dbrick ? And then grabbing mangold in top of 2nd? If a gm had done that while Rex or Bowles was coach they would have been shot to death by these crazy D gurus ha. Then they Both were quietly the anchor of our offense for next decade. We patched some pieces around them, but their starting building block was major key to our success during their career.

Yes. They were demonized for it and then quickly everyone shut up when they realized they just drafted 2 multi Pro Bowl, Ring Of Honor players lol. Hopefully we can repeat that...we haven’t really had trouble on the O-Line for too long in our team’s history. We have a lot of good to great names either signed or drafted to our franchise even dating back to the 60’s. I hope we can continue the success soon.because this year or the last few haven’t been good enough.

31 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Come on bro. A team that has had 6 OCs in 8 yrs?! led by a Defensive guru who doesn’t draft offense  ? That is a star qbs dream ??

I know how Bowles can fix the offense. Get a former safety and make him the OC.  Who better to improve the offense and passing game than a guy that’s tried to prevent it for years. We got to think out the box (pardon the pun). ?

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I see Browns being Smart for once grabbing Darnold, Giants Rosen.

Indi is the key for me, if Luck is done they may go QB? - Plus if Cousins goes to Denver (I expect this move).

Denvers selling their spot for a Kings ransom, we could well be left holding the baby @6. I want Baker Mayfield in the worst way, watch the Bills spend heavy to move up in front of the Jets. I'm prepared for total misery.

7 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Indi is the key for me, if Luck is done they may go QB? - Plus if Cousins goes to Denver (I expect this move).

Denvers selling their spot for a Kings ransom, we could well be left holding the baby @6. I want Baker Mayfield in the worst way, watch the Bills spend heavy to move up in front of the Jets. I'm prepared for total misery.

If the Browns sign Kirk Cousins there is no need to draft a QB at #1 .. especially when they pick 3 picks later. That’s what I’m trying to say. They can get more compensation and still draft within the top 5 AND top 10 depending on the buyer.

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

mangold was in the first round, pick 29.  but that's no matter.  the move was similar to the late 70's early 80's when they picked marvin powell on year and then followed on a year later with cubby ward.  both were picked 4th overall. they were bookend tackles and the oline was built from the outside in. they also didn't last as long with the jets.

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

I think Denver will take a QB and I could easily see the Bills trade up for a QB.   That's why I'm hesitant to read draft predictions from people who say "(team name) doesn't need a QB therefore (QB I like) will fall to us".  Picking 6 is outside the top QB range.  If there are QBs worth trading up for, some team will do it. 

I could see Cleveland at #1, NYG at #2 and Denver at #4 all taking a QB.  Also, I could seeing both Indy at #3 and Cleveland at #5 both trading down (depending on which QBs are out there and desirable by draft day).  I think if the Jets want one of the top QBs they're going to have to trade to move up and it won't be cheap (think this and next year's #1s and at least one of our #2's this year) because there will be competition.

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I too completely want Mayfield but Cimini is convinced that the Jets will have absolutely no interest. 

51 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Denver will take a QB and I could easily see the Bills trade up for a QB.   That's why I'm hesitant to read draft predictions from people who say "(team name) doesn't need a QB therefore (QB I like) will fall to us".  Picking 6 is outside the top QB range.  If there are QBs worth trading up for, some team will do it. 

I could see Cleveland at #1, NYG at #2 and Denver at #4 all taking a QB.  Also, I could seeing both Indy at #3 and Cleveland at #5 both trading down (depending on which QBs are out there and desirable by draft day).  I think if the Jets want one of the top QBs they're going to have to trade to move up and it won't be cheap (think this and next year's #1s and at least one of our #2's this year) because there will be competition.

I am pretty certain that Darnold and Rosen are the only two QBs that we would be willing to move up for and why would anyone actually believe that Maccagnan would be willing to meet the price which will be stiff. There really is no cost too high to land a franchise QB but this GM doesn't really believe that to be the case.

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I think it's funny that at this point, Jets fans actually think they're not drafting D in the 1st.  They are.  I promise.  It's what they do.

last year i thought they were, but not this year.  odds are they are NOT getting cousins, so this has to be a qb year.

after the combine, the story lines will be, that the jets are not willing to 'take the chance' on mayfield, so they'll be looking to trade up.  and it could be for allen, unfortunately.  at this point my money is on the jets trading with indy to take josh allen.

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

last year i thought they were, but not this year.  odds are they are NOT getting cousins, so this has to be a qb year.

after the combine, the story lines will be, that the jets are not willing to 'take the chance' on mayfield, so they'll be looking to trade up.  and it could be for allen, unfortunately.  at this point my money is on the jets trading with indy to take josh allen.

Allen may be gone by then

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I find it highly comical you think this is going to happen.  It's not.  It's going to BAP and BAP will be, D.  Book it.

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Kiper just had Allen go 1. So who the hell knows what happens. 

Yeah he must of not watched any tape, for me people who like Allen, love this physical skills. The guy flat out can't play QB. His accuracy isn't good and he can't read a D to save his life. So I think this is the pick that gets Macc and Bowles fired, if the pull the tigger, pick the boy scout don't draft the superstar with attitude.

Mean while Darnold, Rosen, are immediate Franchise QB's. Mayfield is Brett Favre and Jackson is Vick 2.0

Well for once I'm with Gato, sign Kirk, Id trade back, and pick up more picks and load up on the O. 

1 hour ago, JiF said:

I find it highly comical you think this is going to happen.  It's not.  It's going to BAP and BAP will be, D.  Book it.

i find it comical as well.  i think they take a qb unless they sign cousins.  if they sign cousins, i think they go o-line, probably nelson, though i don't know much about the tackles.  if they sign cousins, i could easily see them taking nelson, then taking a bell cow rb like chubb or jones in the 2nd and really trying to beef up the running game.  throw in enunwa and you have another blocker and i think this would be exactly what bowles would want.

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

mangold was in the first round, pick 29.  but that's no matter.  the move was similar to the late 70's early 80's when they picked marvin powell on year and then followed on a year later with cubby ward.  both were picked 4th overall. they were bookend tackles and the oline was built from the outside in. they also didn't last as long with the jets.

Thanks for reminding me. Forget it we acquired or traded up few spots to get mangold. Either way. Todd Bowles would have socked Mac right in the teeth if we dared used his first 2 picks for the O ha. 

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Why do you like Norwell and Jensen? 

Please catch me up 

Not being sarcastic 

I laughed because I noticed your signature right below this.  

As Hess said, it's all about upgrading the OLine so no matter what QB and RBs we bring in, they will be set up to be much more successful.  Our OLine is weak.  These two guys are both substantial upgrades in both run and pass protection and the best FAs at their respective positions.  We have the cap room.  What's not to like?

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yeah he must of not watched any tape, for me people who like Allen, love this physical skills. The guy flat out can't play QB. His accuracy isn't good and he can't read a D to save his life. So I think this is the pick that gets Macc and Bowles fired, if the pull the tigger, pick the boy scout don't draft the superstar with attitude.

Mean while Darnold, Rosen, are immediate Franchise QB's. Mayfield is Brett Favre and Jackson is Vick 2.0

Well for once I'm with Gato, sign Kirk, Id trade back, and pick up more picks and load up on the O. 

I think teams overthink the QB analysis.   Countless physically gifted college QBs have bombed in the NFL.  A special GM and offensive coach can watch and meet with the players and just "get" if they are going to successful in the NFL.  That is the difference between the 20 year GMs and the 3 year GMs.

So from my perspective, knowing nothing about QB technicalities:

• Darnold to me has the it factor.  I have seen it in enough games.   I don't care about some of his bad performances-he was operating in a college system with so so overall talent.  Put him in a solid NFL system and there is no way he busts.  He will be at least as good as Cousins.
  • Rosen screams liability to me.  Visions of Ryan Leaf.    He could be really good-Peyton was very skinny in college too-he will grow.  But he can also crash.  He needs the right coach and organization.  The Giants and Shurmur could be it.
  • Allen could be Wentz, he could be Hack.  Depends on system, coaching.  I am dubious about someone who cannot connect a pass in any system.
  • Mayfield will be a productive NFL QB, but conservative teams will avoid him for PR or numbers reasons.  He could be a shorter version of Favre/Favre version of Brees.  He has played too much football successfully for too long, with a football brain that obviously works, to fail in the NFL.
  • Lamar Jackson-I don't know. Vick was successful.  
  • One or more of Rudolph/Falk/Stidham, but not all, will have successful NFL careers.  Don't know which ones and can't predict.  
  • Hack and Petty are worse than all of the above.

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mangold was a late 1, and Brick wasn't really a reach.   Actually, look at that draft, he was a great pick.   The draft was supposed to be super deep at the top, and wound up very meh.

Mario Williams #1, good, but not that good

Reggie Bush, good, but not what you want for #2

Vince Young, bust

Brick

AJ Hawk, ok, but nothing special

Vernon Davis, nice career but nothing amazing (did go to a pro bowl)

Michael Huff

Donte Whitner

Ernie Simms

Matt Leinart.

That's the thing with the draft, you just don't know for a couple years.   Mangold and Brick were probably the 2 best linemen taken, Haloti Ngata is the only guy from the draft worth considering for the HOF.  The best pass rusher was probably Elvis Dumervill, and he was a 4th rounder.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I think teams overthink the QB analysis.   Countless physically gifted college QBs have bombed in the NFL.  A special GM and offensive coach can watch and meet with the players and just "get" if they are going to successful in the NFL.  That is the difference between the 20 year GMs and the 3 year GMs.

So from my perspective, knowing nothing about QB technicalities:

• Darnold to me has the it factor.  I have seen it in enough games.   I don't care about some of his bad performances-he was operating in a college system with so so overall talent.  Put him in a solid NFL system and there is no way he busts.  He will be at least as good as Cousins.
  • Rosen screams liability to me.  Visions of Ryan Leaf.    He could be really good-Peyton was very skinny in college too-he will grow.  But he can also crash.  He needs the right coach and organization.  The Giants and Shurmur could be it.
  • Allen could be Wentz, he could be Hack.  Depends on system, coaching.  I am dubious about someone who cannot connect a pass in any system.
  • Mayfield will be a productive NFL QB, but conservative teams will avoid him for PR or numbers reasons.  He could be a shorter version of Favre/Favre version of Brees.  He has played too much football successfully for too long, with a football brain that obviously works, to fail in the NFL.
  • Lamar Jackson-I don't know. Vick was successful.  
  • One or more of Rudolph/Falk/Stidham, but not all, will have successful NFL careers.  Don't know which ones and can't predict.  
  • Hack and Petty are worse than all of the above.

Allen is not Wentz.  Wentz is highly intelligent And driven Allen is big dummy like Petty and Hack

You’re right about Darnold and the it factor.  Even in the bowl game everyone is killing him for I thought he had some really nice throws in that game you can’t win every bowl game just ask Peyton Manning

Mason Rudolph is the second best qb in this draft.  Watch us pass on him and he falls all the way to Belichick 

Archived