397-479-8

FlagmanL11

Wow did not realize they were this bad over their history.  Kind of sad how much losing has taken place. 

Seasons: 58 (1960 to 2017)

Record (W-L-T): 397-479-8

Playoff Record: 12-13

Super Bowls Won: 1 (1 Appearance)

Comparison to some other losers

Detriot - 553-648-32

Jaksonville - 165-203-0

Buffalo - 409-467-8

Tampa Bay - 255-404-1. Found one worse than the Jets

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cleveland (since the merger?)

Arizona?

Seattle?

I bet all are somewhat similar.

Yeah, Jets are a bad franchise, news at 11.

Just calling balls and strikes. Kind of stands out to me...  hence the loser mentality with ownership.

Arizona - 550-740-40

Seattle - 334-325-1

Since 1969, the Jets have finished in first place in the AFC East two whole times in 49 seasons of football. I repeat, we've been the best team in our division TWO times in 49 seasons of football. That kind of ineptitude is difficult, even if you're trying to lose. We have, however, managed to finish last in our division 12 times since then.

So since 1969, we've won the division 4% of the time, and have finished dead last roughly 25% of the time.  

Jets have the 7th worst winning pct in pro football. Bucs, Cards, Texans, Falcons, Saints and Jags are the ones who are worse

With only 14 yrs out of 57 yrs in the playoffs,  the Jets are 5th worst in pct of years in post season (24.6%). Cards are the worst (10.3%)

Doesn't prove much beyond what you already know, that this is a bad franchise. You don't need stats for that, just the fact that you can name every home playoff game they've ever had and only a total of two home playoff games in the past quarter century

29 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Since 1969, the Jets have finished in first place in the AFC East two whole times in 49 seasons of football. I repeat, we've been the best team in our division TWO times in 49 seasons of football. That kind of ineptitude is difficult, even if you're trying to lose. We have, however, managed to finish last in our division 12 times since then.

So since 1969, we've won the division 4% of the time, and have finished dead last roughly 25% of the time.  

Jet up, bitches!!!

3 hours ago, Savage69 said:

In their first 38 years the Steelers had just 5 winning seasons.. Then in the early 70's they drafted better and Chuck Noll started winning in his 4 year..

Todd Bowles is our Chuck Noll.... Think not... 

Since the new stadium has opened I have spent $96,000, including PSL fees that are now worthless without a home playoff game.  So yes the acceptance of losing, being happy to the public with a 5-11 record and really what is the foundation going forward?  

Old man at QB

Running back old

Top WR is soon to be suspended

No corners 

Def line has age

Best LB just turned 29 

9 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Wow did not realize they were this bad over their history.  Kind of sad how much losing has taken place. 

Detriot - 553-648-32

Jaksonville - 165-203-0

Buffalo - 409-467-8

Yeah least Tampa one one since most of their fans hit puberty 

13 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Detriot - 553-648-32

Jaksonville - 165-203-0

Buffalo - 409-467-8

And for a 16 game season it’s a whopping 6.9 wins per season 

This is why I don't get why people make fun of being happy with going to back to back afccg 

Outside of the 1 year with Parcells those were easily the most exciting years to be a Jets fan. 

Game day felt like gameday and the injury report mattered 

How long has it been now, 6 years? 

This is like the 1970s Jets era bad 

9 hours ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Since the new stadium has opened I have spent $96,000, including PSL fees that are now worthless without a home playoff game.  So yes the acceptance of losing, being happy to the public with a 5-11 record and really what is the foundation going forward?  

Old man at QB

Running back old

Top WR is soon to be suspended

No corners 

Def line has age

Best LB just turned 29 

Could have invested that when the market was near the bottom.  

12 hours ago, Larz said:

This is why I don't get why people make fun of being happy with going to back to back afccg 

Outside of the 1 year with Parcells those were easily the most exciting years to be a Jets fan. 

Game day felt like gameday and the injury report mattered 

I’d so much rather just wallow. Woooooooooooeeeeeee be we, fans of the Jets! Woooooooooe life is so hard woooooooooe 

On 1/19/2018 at 8:42 AM, Jack Straw said:

that's certainly something to be of concern but at the same time the afce has it's share of really good teams in miami,buffalo and now the patsies. the only decade the jets had a good chance were the 2000's where they were coming off an attitude adjustment by parcells and carried through 2009.  this decade has been miserable, so far, and is comparable to the 70's and 90's for ineptness.

42 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's certainly something to be of concern but at the same time the afce has it's share of really good teams in miami,buffalo and now the patsies. the only decade the jets had a good chance were the 2000's where they were coming off an attitude adjustment by parcells and carried through 2009.  this decade has been miserable, so far, and is comparable to the 70's and 90's for ineptness.

Respectfully, the division has nothing to do with it. The fact is that every other team in the league has won more division titles than the New York Jets since 1970. There's a legitimate argument to be made that the Jets are the worst organization of the modern era, and I actually don't think there's much of a counter-debate on that point. If there is, I'd love to hear it, but the fact is that no other organization has spent more time being comfortably terrible or mediocre than the NY Jets.

None.

The expansion Jacksonville Jaguars won as many division titles in their first five years of existence as the Jets have in the last 49 seasons. The expansion Texans came into the league in 2002, and have won twice as many division titles in 15 seasons than the Jets have in 49 seasons. Same goes for the expansion Ravens, formed in 1996. The expansion Bucs and Seahawks joined the league in 1975 and they've won 6 and 10 division titles, respectively. The Jets have won two.

# of total division titles for each team since 1970: Vikings 18, Browns 6, Packers 14, Eagles 10, Giants 8, Bills 7, Dolphins 14, Patriots 19, Jaguars 3, Bucs 6, Saints 6, Panthers 6, Lions 4, Cowboys 19, Steelers 23, Seahawks 10, Raiders 13, 49ers 19, Falcons 7, Rams 12, Broncos 15, Chiefs 8, Bears 10, Ravens 4, Titans 5, Chargers 10, Redskins 9, Texans 4, Cardinals 5, Bengals 10, Colts 15.

The next worst team on this list is the Jaguars, and we've had 26 more seasons than them since 1970 to win as many division titles, yet we haven't. 

The NY Jets are the worst organization in football.

40 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Respectfully, the division has nothing to do with it. The fact is that every other team in the league has won more division titles than the New York Jets since 1970. There's a legitimate argument to be made that the Jets are the worst organization of the modern era, and I actually don't think there's much of a counter-debate on that point. If there is, I'd love to hear it, but the fact is that no other organization has spent more time being comfortably terrible or mediocre than the NY Jets.

None.

The expansion Jacksonville Jaguars won as many division titles in their first five years of existence as the Jets have in the last 49 seasons. The expansion Texans came into the league in 2002, and have won twice as many division titles in 15 seasons than the Jets have in 49 seasons. Same goes for the expansion Ravens, formed in 1996. The expansion Bucs and Seahawks joined the league in 1975 and they've won 6 and 10 division titles, respectively. The Jets have won two.

# of total division titles for each team since 1970: Vikings 18, Browns 6, Packers 14, Eagles 10, Giants 8, Bills 7, Dolphins 14, Patriots 19, Jaguars 3, Bucs 6, Saints 6, Panthers 6, Lions 4, Cowboys 19, Steelers 23, Seahawks 10, Raiders 13, 49ers 19, Falcons 7, Rams 12, Broncos 15, Chiefs 8, Bears 10, Ravens 4, Titans 5, Chargers 10, Redskins 9, Texans 4, Cardinals 5, Bengals 10, Colts 15.

The next worst team on this list is the Jaguars, and we've had 26 more seasons than them since 1970 to win as many division titles, yet we haven't. 

The NY Jets are the worst organization in football.

i guess you gotta read between the lines.  when all of those teams had success, their front offices and teams were well managed.  even buffalo had decent management in the late 80's and early 90's.  and the jets team also had success when the team management was good.  i don't think there's anything new here.

as for the teams within the division, imo the success of the teams within the division does have something to say about it.  sure the jets have to take care of their own business but it helps when the division teams struggle with teams outside the division.

i guess you gotta read between the lines.  when all of those teams had success, their front offices and teams were well managed.  even buffalo had decent management in the late 80's and early 90's.  and the jets team also had success when the team management was good.  i don't think there's anything new here.
as for the teams within the division, imo the success of the teams within the division does have something to say about it.  sure the jets have to take care of their own business but it helps when the division teams struggle with teams outside the division.

Bottom line is we’ve won fewer division titles than any team in the NFL since 1970.

Any defense of that is insulting, IMO. The Jets organization is a dumpster fire.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

Bottom line is we’ve won fewer division titles than any team in the NFL since 1970.

Any defense of that is insulting, IMO. The Jets organization is a dumpster fire.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Interesting take on the lack of division titles. Just shows how bad they are. 

Archived