Robby Anderson arrested again OOF

Matt39

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

So our best WR is an idiot, I know he's not very bright, but he's throwing his career away.  He's Josh Gordon lite.

Josh Gordon smoked weed (which is legal in many states btw). 

Robby Anderson (assuming the charges against are true) is a real punk.

Give me Josh Gordon any day over Robby Anderson.

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Josh Gordon smoked weed (which is legal in many states btw). 

Robby Anderson (assuming the charges against are true) is a real punk.

Give me Josh Gordon any day over Robby Anderson.

Assault charges based on alleged comments made about F'ng the police officers wife......  I'll assume most if not all posters in here are NY'ers.  So with that said I guess all of us can be arrested for assault charges and we are a bunch pf punks... Not defending him but lets get some perspective here.  The words were harsh, immature, idiotic and crude but assault LOL.... I'll bet you 7 of the 9 charges are dropped because they are a reach at best.

And anyone would take Gordon over Anderson....    Talent wise... But Gordon is one tiny mistake of being banned for life.  Anderson hasn't had any disciplinary action against him yet.  It's coming but it'll only be strike one.

Even though I don't think Anderson will be cut I do think there is a
possibility he could be traded.  Two teams off the top of my head would
be KC and DAL.  KC's best receiver is Kelce, Hill is a gadget player with
great speed and shaky hands.  I could see Anderson fitting there for a 
#3/#4 pick.  And in DAL Bryant's performance has dropped big time so I
could see Anderson there for a #3/#4 pick

5 minutes ago, KRL said:

3 or 4 is a little high for a guy arrested twice in 8th months don’t you think? Maybe a 5 similar to what we got Holmes for in the trade with PIT

7 minutes ago, KRL said:

This is brilliant and what I was thinking.  He should be traded ASAP for anything we can get.  Otherwise keep him around but dump him if anyone is better long term for a roster spot.  That is the smart answer for a team building, but the MacBowles Clowns will try and keep him because he could be their best receiver in 2018, to the extent he sees the field.  More generally:

• Mac is not spending draft picks on character risks.  Any risk at all.  We could not have used Mixon?  That is a different risk.
  • Reclamation projects are nice and admirable-they will be aggressive with those in FA.  But it has been clear to me that RA is a complete moron-probably diagnosable.  He never should have been allowed out of Florham Park.  If they take character risks, they need to support them.
  • So, based on prior history, there is NO WAY the Jets give him a long-term contract, and they should not.  Maybe like I proposed for SR, you pay him by the game that he can play.  So, in the grand scheme of things, if he can be traded for anything for a desperate team that needs a receiver, like DAL or KC, they should do it and move on.  
  • The Jets are really all about 2019 and continuing to develop players in 2018.  RA may have been the biggest development accomplishment in 2018, and now he is likely flushed away.  As time goes on, the MacBowles Judgment Meter continues to register a decreasing reading.  

Looking forward now to FA and the Draft.

27 minutes ago, KRL said:

I feel like he'd fit in perfectly in Cincinnati.

They’re not trading him. There aren’t 5 players on this team as it is. The last thing they’re going to do is trade one of them while his trade value is at an all-time low. Plus the odds are his max suspension number is likely around 4 games. If there was - or if it turns out there is - video, then possibly a couple more, but my guess is 2 games or 4 games. 

I’d also just like to add this is where it might have been useful if we had drafted some young receivers that warranted more playing time than other teams’ castoffs...or a HC who put them out there for more plays just to give them snaps and targets just for the sake of getting them snaps and targets. Panic meter might be a bit lower.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They’re not trading him. There aren’t 5 players on this team as it is. The last thing they’re going to do is trade one of them while his trade value is at an all-time low. Plus the odds are his max suspension number is likely around 4 games. If there was - or if it turns out there is - video, then possibly a couple more, but my guess is 2 games or 4 games. 

I’d also just like to add this is where it might have been useful if we had drafted some young receivers that warranted more playing time than other teams’ castoffs...or a HC who put them out there for more plays just to give them snaps and targets just for the sake of getting them snaps and targets. Panic meter might be a bit lower.

Robby is going nowhere.  Like you said the worst thing that happens is a 4 game suspension.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I would think the likelihood of video is very, very high, particularly for a roadside thing.  

Robby did the worst possible thing here for Mac and the Johnsons.  Drunk and disorderly ok?  Threatening to rape a cop's wife?  What is Mrs. Mac saying about that?  We were better off with Mixon

2 hours ago, lounap23 said:

Assault charges based on alleged comments made about F'ng the police officers wife......  I'll assume most if not all posters in here are NY'ers.  So with that said I guess all of us can be arrested for assault charges and we are a bunch pf punks... Not defending him but lets get some perspective here.  The words were harsh, immature, idiotic and crude but assault LOL.... I'll bet you 7 of the 9 charges are dropped because they are a reach at best.

And anyone would take Gordon over Anderson....    Talent wise... But Gordon is one tiny mistake of being banned for life.  Anderson hasn't had any disciplinary action against him yet.  It's coming but it'll only be strike one.

I don’t think all of us go around saying we going to f@ck a cops wife. :-)

Cut his azz. I didn't like his punk actions on the field anyway. He had a little success & started punking out. He's an uneducated piece of sh*t that went undrafted for a reason. We have 105 million & Robinson and Landry are free agents...bad timing skeleton boy.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Anderson got kicked out of Temple 3 times?? Pfft. It's over.

Academic issues that he, to his credit, cleaned up after a year off at community college. 

Pissed as all hell at him for today, but he had no legal troubles until the incident from the summer.

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Pretty much my guess too.  He's probably going to get 3-4 games, appeal, get it down to 1 or 2 games, and we have to hope he learns from it.  I'm pissed at the guy, but he's talented.  Extremely talent.  That makes him very lucky because if a guy like Charone Peake or JoJo Natson does this?  We move on without blinking.  If we were going to cut him, it would have likely happened already.  Teams love to put out the "it's a pending legal matter, we have no comment at this time" but it doesn't usually take too long for them to get the full report and make up their minds.

8 hours ago, Gangrene said:

Like many of us, I was a fan of his football play, be it one dimensional. Two moronic incidents...I think one thing is obvious, it's not worth a risk giving him a second contract.  He's dirt cheap and signed for one more year, I don't see them cutting him but the Jets have to do something, they can't allow a player to threaten police even if it was just Anderson talking sh*t.

Trade him to the Browns, if they'd actually take him.

They've got Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman.  Why on earth would they want him?

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Just remember that the reason some people on here were happy that Josh McCown started all year was that “we developed Robby Anderson!”

I’d rather have 0-1 wins with Hack and Petty starting all year. 

lol yep.  The lone bright spot on the 2017 Jets season just erupted into flames.  Now we're left with the 6th pick and no hope.  

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Pretty much my guess too.  He's probably going to get 3-4 games, appeal, get it down to 1 or 2 games, and we have to hope he learns from it.  I'm pissed at the guy, but he's talented.  Extremely talent.  That makes him very lucky because if a guy like Charone Peake or JoJo Natson does this?  We move on without blinking.  If we were going to cut him, it would have likely happened already.  Teams love to put out the "it's a pending legal matter, we have no comment at this time" but it doesn't usually take too long for them to get the full report and make up their minds.

Yea I think it will likely hinge on how the team views him inside the locker room. If he's been pushing the wrong buttons then this is a good excuse for them to trade/cut him. I think we will wait until we have the full details before a move is made. The Jets have Sheldon and Revis who were both accused of issues recently and they waited as long as they could before making a decision. I'm not implying Robby has earned as much leash since Sheldon was a 1st round pick and Revis is one of this franchises best players but the FO will have the "wait until we have the details" pitch warmed up.

4 hours ago, KRL said:

Lol dude no way is anyone giving up a pick for him now. We got Brandon Marshall Who was much better and not facing jail for a 5th. You think we get a 3rd or a 4th for this Pr disaster bum now? Maybe a 7th ha

37 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

Guy goes undrafted, works hard, has some talent and produces some decent plays and overall numbers.  But can't help himself.

Bottom line is once a punk always a punk.

His wife was caught cheating it looks like.  Robbie flipped. Why he was bringing up banging the cops wife because someone banging his was in his mind. Cop may have saved her life. 

72E24936-81AB-43EE-9ACE-D98298C45945.png

Archived